Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
This site is a great place to talk about the things I can't with anyone else, but it isn't the same thing as face to face interaction with someone you know and love. Especially with COVID, I feel like I'm not getting any of that. I really want to get out there and socialize a bit more. I really haven't been able to make friends who live near me and hang out with them at all, not just because of quarantine, but because, well, I haven't really been trying to meet new people.
I'm desperate for someone to be with, but I can't bring myself to forge new connections when I know that I'm going to be hurting them when I die. How can I forge a connection with someone when I know it's only temporary, and when I know that our friendship will inevitably hurt them? What am I supposed to do in the meantime? I guess just stay lonely.
Besides, even with this desire, I don't even maintain my current relationships. My family practically has to drag me out of my room when they want to do something with me, so I probably don't have the energy to make a new connection anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: grungeCat, draw a circle, crybaby and 2 others
Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
I pretty much feel like an imposter when I'm hanging out with my friends, it's ironic because we play the game Among Us together :notsure:

Reactions: Stick
Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
Online communication cannot and will never replace face to face communication entirely. That's how humans naturally communicate. That's how any living creature communicates naturally.

You don't need to be lonely on here. I think most of us on here realize that most interactions we have with each other on here can be very fleeting. We're all strangers here in reality but we'll be here for each other when we need it. I've seen that happen here so often than in real life. It's pretty surprising. If you ever need to talk, even a small simple talk, we'll be here.

• Love
Reactions: Stick
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I have never had any friends. People who wanted to hang out with me were usually disabled ... and we always didn't manage to find common ground. They always walked away in the end. I tried literally everything to change this but now I just gave up. I don't want to meet new people. I drop out of university (on my demand) and now I'm NEETing til my sweet death.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Stick and crybaby