• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

blahblahuser1174

Dec 21, 2021
i want to jump off my apt building if i don't get good grades. however, the balconies are positioned over a bike rack/door and i'm really scared of hitting someone. do you think if i jump at like 3/4 am it will be fine?

meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
There's always a chance but it will be less obviously.

Why are grades so Important to you?

Reactions: lobster salad, NearlyIrrelevantCake and somedayillbefree
W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
How high is the place you're jumping off from?
10 stories is the min to die, any less and there's a good chance you'll survive.
If you dont want to hit anyone I think you should be doing it in the day rather than the night as people will be able to see you easily and avoid you (No one is stupid enough to stand under someone falling)

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and Iamamistake
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
How high is the place you're jumping off from?
10 stories is the min to die, any less and there's a good chance you'll survive.
If you dont want to hit anyone I think you should be doing it in the day rather than the night as people will be able to see you easily and avoid you (No one is stupid enough to stand under someone falling)
This is some of the worst advice I've ever seen on this forum. People don't walk outside their apartment complex entrance and habitually look up to see if someone is jumping from a balcony. Even if someone did happen to look up, it would be too late, it takes literal seconds for a body to hit the floor.

It's probably best to not do it at all, you can't control other peoples' actions. Even at 3 am, someone could be a night owl, step out because of an argument, have a cigarette, etc

Reactions: lobster salad, somedayillbefree and myopybyproxy
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
can you choose a different place to jump? do you have access to a bridge?

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, somedayillbefree and yellowjasmine88
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
i want to jump off my apt building if i don't get good grades. however, the balconies are positioned over a bike rack/door and i'm really scared of hitting someone. do you think if i jump at like 3/4 am it will be fine?
The reason for jumping seems questionable to me- some people have a temporary situation to get through and they consider ctb, and some people have more permanent reasons that go on for years before reaching this point- yours seems very temnporary. I think that if your grades are low one semester you can bring them up in another semester or change career paths- it seems like this is too fickle of a reason to ctb- please consider other options.

Reactions: lobster salad, Before26, somedayillbefree and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
All people have the right to exit at a time of their own choosing, suicide is a personal decision and nobody needs to justify their reasons for leaving. I do not know the answer as jumping is not my method, but whatever happens, I wish you the best.

Reactions: onleana, lobster salad, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 3 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
All people have the right to exit at a time of their own choosing, suicide is a personal decision and nobody needs to justify their reasons for leaving. I do not know the answer as jumping is not my method, but whatever happens, I wish you the best.
They do have a right to exit when they choose and nobody needs to justify their reasons, but it is a worthwhile thing to encourage re-considering when the reason given is because if their grades are bad or because they had a breakup or something like this which is typically a solvable problem. One problem this site has which has caused some many issues like the NYT article and all of the fallout is that some young people have chosen to ctb when they had caring, supportive families that could have helped them through their current crisis if they had asked for help. There is a big difference between a solvable, short-term stress and long-term serious depression. It is worth it to try to help people who show signs of hope or strong signs that they are in a short-term temporary situation- in this situation one bad grade from one teacher could make the difference between life and death based on their post- in a case like this I do think the person should consider alternatives such as reaching out to their family and/or friends to let them know how stressed they are.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lobster salad, DanWhoLikesPie, Before26 and 4 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I agree with @Someone123 to some degree. I strongly believe that adults shouldn't ctb based on impulse decision. I won't talk about teenagers because I think everyone agrees that they shouldn't ctb

Reactions: DanWhoLikesPie, KlMeNw and somedayillbefree
C

cyanol

Looking for my place
Nov 30, 2021
I agree with @Someone123 to some degree. I strongly believe that adults shouldn't ctb based on impulse decision. I won't talk about teenagers because I think everyone agrees that they shouldn't ctb
By the way, I do think younger people could also have a chronic condition that any adult with it would desperately want to exit... but that would make a whole other thread, so nevermind.

Reactions: lobster salad
DanWhoLikesPie

DanWhoLikesPie

Dec 14, 2021
Sadly, you'd be surprised. This is supposed to be a "pro-choice" forum, but I'm surprised by how many members are hardcore "pro-suicide," which is not the same as pro-choice.