Exana

Exana

Nov 22, 2023
Depends on what floor you'd be on. In my town the largest accessible public building is like 7 floors, so there's a good chance I'll be disabled instead of dead.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and huinita
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Unreliable and SI is too high

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Deleted member 82921 and huinita
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This method depends on someone having access to somewhere very high in the first place which isn't everyone. And to me this method sounds terrifying and difficult to go through with because of the survival instinct, I do admire those who managed to succeed with this, I see them as fortunate and courageous.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AllCatsAreGrey
cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
It scares me, but sometimes I consider jumping if I get completely desperate, mostly because I live somewhere with a lot of cliffs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
What do you guys think of jumping?

I've been thinking about jumping a lot lately. I started this thread as a place to gather my thoughts and research. It may be helpful for you too.

When you think of jumping do you have a location in mind? Are you thinking onto water or hard surfaces?

As others have brought up, SI is a significant concern with the method. This is reflected in some statistics that say only 2.2% of suicides from the US are from jumping. (It should be noted that most localities lump together accidents and suicides, so the numbers aren't super reliable.)

Proper height is very important. Fatality from jumping attempts are 40-60%. This is due to jumps from lower height. Geo Stone described that jumps from 150 feet onto land and 250 feet over water are almost always fatal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori