TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I miss my childhood and teenage years so much so sometimes I visit places I that I have memories from like when I visit where my childhood home used to be and also walk around my childhood town I will walk down the same sidewalk I walked as a child/teenager it´s the same asphalt my feet are walking upon hense the "walking in the footsteps of the past" when I go for walks like that I will try and imagine very hard that I could turn back time 12 years back when I was 13 walking on that EXACT SAME sidewalk it´s a peculiar feeling I used to describe as "the ghost of chrimas past" from the scene from Scrooge where he visits his childhood home but a more modern and accurate example is from the movie Finding Dory as linked below. When I visit places from the past I imagine what if I turned time back exactly x amount of years what would my younger self be doing? I remember doing it last year a couple days after New Years Eve where I stood on the road in the middle of the night of my childhood best friend´s house thinking if I turned back time exactly x amount of years we would be standing on this road lighting off some leftover fireworks and I tried hard to imagine it like the video below just thinking the only thing between that memory and where I am standing is time and if I could remove that I would be a happy little boy exciting to experience the world (I was about 12 at the time)

I of course experience this feeling of walking in the footprints of the past a lot of other places like touching an object maybe a tree I once climbed, old school books, old memory card, Yugi-Oh cards or visiting my childhood school at night toaching the railings or door handles just thinking if I turned time back x amount of years my little child hands would be touching the very same handle about to enter a day of school and living a wonderful life.

I doubt anyone can relate..

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Circles
takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
When exactly did things start to go downhill and why?

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
When exactly did things start to go downhill and why?
When I lost my innocense when puberty started is when my happiness disappeared but in teenage years with depression life was still exciting there was so much to experience in those days now i got shit health both physically and mentally, no friends and apathy and anhedonia so I can´t feel emotions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles