C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
I was drifting off today when I suddenly woke up in a panic about possibly dying, and feeling like I actually might be dying. It was super weird, in theory I want to go but I think my SI is off the charts lately. Then I realize what a nightmare scenario I'm in and don't want to continue.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Imagined_Euphoria, etherealspring, Kalista and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I was drifting off today when I suddenly woke up in a panic about possibly dying, and feeling like I actually might be dying. It was super weird, in theory I want to go but I think my SI is off the charts lately. Then I realize what a nightmare scenario I'm in and don't want to continue.
It could be sleep apnea
I recently had dreams of being shot (but with a rubber bands like for cealing plastic) and that I tied a noose around in my neck. It was oddly calming but disappointing when I woke up.

Reactions: CantDoIt
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
It could be sleep apnea
I recently had dreams of being shot (but with a rubber bands like for cealing plastic) and that I tied a noose around in my neck. It was oddly calming but disappointing when I woke up.
It could be, I was really peaceful and woke up so suddenly, super weird. And the panic about dying...I don't want to feel too much of anything like that when the time comes.

kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
I've gotten this a few times while I'm falling asleep and wake up panicking about dying just like you said and it's an awful feeling. Because logically we know we'd be better off dead, but the SI can give this panic when we realize oh no we're actually dying. I'm sorry you had to experience this

C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
I've gotten this a few times while I'm falling asleep and wake up panicking about dying just like you said and it's an awful feeling. Because logically we know we'd be better off dead, but the SI can give this panic when we realize oh no we're actually dying. I'm sorry you had to experience this
I'm sorry for you too. I think we it must be on our mind so much that it just goes in that direction while we're about to fall asleep. :/ especially if other people contemplating ctb also feel it

• Hugs
Reactions: kunikuzushi
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
This just happened to me 3 times in a row. Sinking feeling as I'm drifting off, waking up, and then heart racing insanely once I am awake. I really don't hope that a ctb attempt is ruined by this as it started happening again when i thought about ctb again.

Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
I had this a few times, but also the opposite, where I notice I drift into sleep and feel extremely blissfull and think "Am I dying? It feels so beautiful" and it feels like waves of energy pulsing through my body into my brain and then I sleep.