S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
So often when I wake up I am having a dream about hanging out with one of the girls I used to know in my twenties- I wish I had known how lonely life can get if you don't get married fairly young when you have the best chance of finding someone good for you, before so many people get married. My parent's marriage was such a nightmare for me, the mental and emotional abuse was so severe, so twisted, so cruel- and maybe worst of all so unpredictable. Now I have seen how so many happy marriages have played out over time and I wish I had seen that when I was younger. I know people can point out many uphappy marriages, but I have seen so many happy ones over time that I realize that this is really the best thing you can get in life, a happy, long-term marriage.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, IsThisTheEnd?, fox_wannabe and 1 other person
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
Waking up for me is really awful. Most nights I wake up from a nightmare. sometimes I start hallucinating after that. Last night I dreamt that I smoked a lot of drugs on the street then came home and got annoyed with how my family doesn't truly love me so I burned down the house and laughed at all of them stuck inside. I feel that marriages are like a bit similar to political ideologies, they are highly fantasised and don't work for all situations and people. I don't look forward to getting engaged, i only see misery and responsibility. of course "love" blinds all of it but "love" can last for how long?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Waking up for me is really awful. Most nights I wake up from a nightmare. sometimes I start hallucinating after that. Last night I dreamt that I smoked a lot of drugs on the street then came home and got annoyed with how my family doesn't truly love me so I burned down the house and laughed at all of them stuck inside. I feel that marriages are like a bit similar to political ideologies, they are highly fantasised and don't work for all situations and people. I don't look forward to getting engaged, i only see misery and responsibility. of course "love" blinds all of it but "love" can last for how long?
It was a huge mistake for me, maybe the biggest mistake of my life, to have the same cynical attitude towards marriage. When you see happy marriages up close over a long period of time it sure does seem that this is the best thing in life and it sets the stage for getting everything else in life to work out well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lollypop24, _Minsk and lobster salad
Jred

Jred

Sadness covers me like a blanket.
Apr 26, 2022
I wasted nearly all of my 20s with the same person. Let it drag along because I wanted to desperately to be in one of the long, happy marriages. It was awful and I dragged my partner down to my own miserable level. Allowing the relationship to finally die and get divorced was the right call, I just wished I had done it when I was younger and just better.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lollypop24, lobster salad and _Minsk
L

Lollypop24

Apr 5, 2022
miserable life this is, i dont see the point in it andd every time i wake up im dissapointed

Reactions: lobster salad, _Minsk, hungry_ghost and 2 others