CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Everyday it gets closer in the US. Covid helped speed it up but it was coming regardless. Need huge changes society is so goddamn depressing

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Journeytoletgo, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
oliviahurts

oliviahurts

guess I'm paralyzed now
Sep 13, 2021
imo, society as a whole is unlikely to regress in the next 100 years. They'll be lots of wars, there might even be another world war, power will change hands by force, but I don't think society as a whole will break down. Climate change will affect everyone but mostly those in extreme poverty. at least governments are doing something about it now. AI may cause power to change hands, and increase unemployment. Biggest threat is nuclear war but we're at least 5 years off the next world war since china need to make more planes and aircraft carriers to compete with US (and I can't see US making a move to world war which would be a disaster politically).

Reactions: ShornSoloists and PeacefulTonic
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Unlike my other post, this is not sarcasm. There are simply too many people in this world, and we need a reset terribly. I'm talking somewhere around 80% of the population needs to go. Evenly dispersed. Even if I were one of the 6 billion that were gone, I would love to see the world with under 2 billion people.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56, Élégie, ShornSoloists and 7 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
The faster the better. The best if in the end it would lead to extinction.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56, Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
People have been saying this for years; doni count it.

As for the overpopulation check out Thomas Malthus.

Reactions: Élégie, ShornSoloists, RazzleDazzle and 2 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
We humans are a volatile species living in an inherently fragile society that we've created (and will ultimately destroy), and no matter what angle you look at it from, what we're doing is not sustainable at all. It might not all come crashing down tomorrow or even in the next couple hundred years, and it will most likely continue to happen gradually, but we're already skating on thin ice and watching things deteriorate bit by bit in front of our eyes (and largely doing nothing about it because we're such an arrogant species that loves to lie to themselves and often can't see past the tips of their noses), and eventually there will come a time where society caves in on itself because of how badly we've fucked things up.

The money, the violence, the war, the bullshit expectations, the malignant selfishness, the mistreatment and neglect of vulnerable people, the exploitation of everything we can get our greedy hands on, the limitless delusional arrogance of humankind... it goes on and on and seemingly to no true end. I hate even being a part of any of this; it makes me feel so dirty and it's extremely painful to watch. I was not born a cynical, bitter misanthrope and I'm not proud of the fact that I seem to have become one at all, but it's so hard for me to respect a species – my own species – that does such a colossal amount of damage and is so shameless about it to boot.

Unlike my other post, this is not sarcasm. There are simply too many people in this world, and we need a reset terribly. I'm talking somewhere around 80% of the population needs to go. Evenly dispersed. Even if I were one of the 6 billion that were gone, I would love to see the world with under 2 billion people.

Totally agree. I would even go as far as to say that I genuinely believe that the world would be exponentially better off without any humans on it at all. Even when I read about increased reproduction rates, it gives me such bad anxiety and makes me want to die even more than usual, which says something. This is all such a shit-show and I can't wait to finally not be a part of it anymore.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, ShornSoloists, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
As entertaining as that would be to see, I doubt it would happen in any of our lifetimes. Much like how Rome wasn't built in a day, it also did not fall in a day either. It took many years possibly in the hundreds for that empire to truly collapse and even though we now have better technology to speed it up I still think it would still take at least another 100 years at the current rate but hey I could be wrong…

Reactions: Élégie, ShornSoloists, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Waiting for and wanting the Zombie Apocalypse to arrive!!!

Reactions: ShornSoloists, CatLove56 and TheHatedOne
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Totally agree. I would even go as far as to say that I genuinely believe that the world would be exponentially better off without any humans on it at all. Even when I read about increased reproduction rates, it gives me such bad anxiety and makes me want to die even more than usual, which says something. This is all such a shit-show and I can't wait to finally not be a part of it anymore.
I agree with this too, but only after humans create strong AI, which will be our replacement. We have no idea how common intelligence is in the universe, so even if humans are terrible, destructive creatures, we still possess self awareness. We may be the only intelligent life for hundreds or thousands of light years.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Everyday it gets closer in the US. Covid helped speed it up but it was coming regardless. Need huge changes society is so goddamn depressing
Yes and no. I think society has collapsed several times.

it can be so very depressing. To see all of the violence and crazy people.

the selfishness. I think selfishness is a major issue and always has been. People are so selfish with love, money, attention, lies, and so on.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I'm not 100% sure that global warming is 100% cause by humans, but the statistical data really points the rise of temperatures with rise of population, so it's something really to consider. What is 100% sure is that humans really take out resources off the planet, and those resources are limited, and 100% there is a waste problem where we intoxicate the planet.
But killing everyone on random basis on purpose, i have a few questions about that.
1.If you get the idea and have the power to pull it out - will you join that lottery as everybody else? Will you put there the people you love?
2.Or if that's you idea - you and everyone you like should only watch everyone else freeing the planet?
3.And those CO2 emmissions - why the big economies that had poluted the world for the last 150years don't pay for what they have done? Why they start paying now CO2 credits and force the little economies to pay along them? Because of CO2 or just to destory any competition?
4.And why CO2 credits are based on % of GDP, as GDP can be manipulated by inflation and services?
5.Does enyone ever made the calculation of the all CO2 emmited for constructing a single tesla? And on how much km will actually get green compared to other cars?

Must say that there is always a way for a problem to be fixed, and sticking to just killing everyone is no different way of thinking, than let's go dirty and kill them all afterwards.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I'm not 100% sure that global warming is 100% cause by humans, but the statistical data really points the rise of temperatures with rise of population, so it's something really to consider. What is 100% sure is that humans really take out resources off the planet, and those resources are limited, and 100% there is a waste problem where we intoxicate the planet.
But killing everyone on random basis on purpose, i have a few questions about that.
1.If you get the idea and have the power to pull it out - will you join that lottery as everybody else? Will you put there the people you love?
2.Or if that's you idea - you and everyone you like should only watch everyone else freeing the planet?
3.And those CO2 emmissions - why the big economies that had poluted the world for the last 150years don't pay for what they have done? Why they start paying now CO2 credits and force the little economies to pay along them? Because of CO2 or just to destory any competition?
4.And why CO2 credits are based on % of GDP, as GDP can be manipulated by inflation and services?
5.Does enyone ever made the calculation of the all CO2 emmited for constructing a single tesla? And on how much km will actually get green compared to other cars?

Must say that there is always a way for a problem to be fixed, and sticking to just killing everyone is no different way of thinking, than let's go dirty and kill them all afterwards.
1. Everyone, including myself, family, friends, and loved ones would be in the lottery. This really means everyone, regardless of age, condition, etc. Also, no substitutions. You can't take anyone's place. You lose someone you can't live without, kill yourself.
2. If I selected in the lottery, I would be fine dying like everyone else. I don't need any special treatment.
3. Don't know/don't care.
4. Don't know/don't care.
5. Don't know/don't care. People are stupid and think that somehow these cars create no co2 in production or operation.

People are the problem. We have not evolved in hundreds of thousands of years. Strong AI will be the solution, as it is the only logical next step in our evolution.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
1. Everyone, including myself, family, friends, and loved ones would be in the lottery. This really means everyone, regardless of age, condition, etc. Also, no substitutions. You can't take anyone's place. You lose someone you can't live without, kill yourself.
2. If I selected in the lottery, I would be fine dying like everyone else. I don't need any special treatment.
3. Don't know/don't care.
4. Don't know/don't care.
5. Don't know/don't care. People are stupid and think that somehow these cars create no co2 in production or operation.

People are the problem. We have not evolved in hundreds of thousands of years. Strong AI will be the solution, as it is the only logical next step in our evolution.
How you compare killing kids like 1, 5, 9 years old, that had nothing to do with humanity created problems, to those 60-70 years old that took action or inaction in the first place and hold the responsibility? Are they equal in value or you just like double standards and primitive problem "solving", that creates more problems as results?
What about those who don't agree to participate, no matter the age?
What about the kids - are 1 year babies aged enough to say "ya i will go to the lottery, cause my gradgrand, grand, parents fucked the planet up"?
What if one of those kids know how to solve the problem and cure the planet in a different and much more positive and productive way?
What if there is someone already born, that has the power to wipe humans out, based on his subjective will, and you can't do nothing about?
Is that person going to choose kids as a target?

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
How you compare killing kids like 1, 5, 9 years old, that had nothing to do with humanity created problems, to those 60-70 years old that took action or inaction in the first place and hold the responsibility? Are they equal in value or you just like double standards and primitive problem "solving", that creates more problems as results?
What about those who don't agree to participate, no matter the age?
What about the kids - are 1 year babies aged enough to say "ya i will go to the lottery, cause my gradgrand, grand, parents fucked the planet up"?
What if one of those kids know how to solve the problem and cure the planet in a different and much more positive and productive way?
What if there is someone already born, that has the power to wipe humans out, based on his subjective will, and you can't do nothing about?
Is that person going to choose kids as a target?
First, you proposed this "lottery," I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of biological or nuclear event, maybe even an asteroid. I was just saying that having less people would be better for everyone. Less people = more available resources per person.

Other than that, I couldn't care less. I'm going to be gone in about a year. Honestly, if the population balloons to 20 billion, and the world gets totally fucked, not my problem.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
First, you proposed this "lottery," I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of biological or nuclear event, maybe even an asteroid. I was just saying that having less people would be better for everyone. Less people = more available resources per person.

Other than that, I couldn't care less. I'm going to be gone in about a year. Honestly, if the population balloons to 20 billion, and the world gets totally fucked, not my problem.
Just quoting because giving ideas for problem solving and ending with "not my problem" get's me around the nerves. The irony is that this had already began and the lottery is out there, i'm sure people like you are already in, but i'm fine cause "it's not my problem", for now.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Just quoting because giving ideas for problem solving and ending with "not my problem" get's me around the nerves. The irony is that this had already began and the lottery is out there, i'm sure people like you are already in, but i'm fine cause "it's not my problem", for now.
Thank god. Is there any place I can just volunteer. You can use my organs for science, if that helps speed along my selection. Really though, how is anything that happens in this world my problem after I'm gone?

Not to mention, in enough time, the events of today, this year, this decade, this century won't matter. Nothing we do matters in the long run.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The collapse is already well underway. People can't get ahead and aren't even supposed to anymore. Opportunities are dwindling, education is overpriced and means nothing. Social and political unrest everywhere. Money is being robbed - by laws, by taxation, by inflation. Institutional cash is flooding into real estate. It's so much more serious than the average Joe realizes. This cannot end well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
That's all I can hope for, though it will probably be an economic collapse and just make life worse for everyone but the rich.

Reactions: Élégie
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
It's not going to happen in our lifetimes. Look at the black plague that killed 1/5 of the world's entire population and humanity still bounced back.

Until humans strip all the natural resources and we literally starve to death I think humans will still be around. I also think the technology to inhabit other planets is so far out of reach we will never make it in time.

Reactions: Élégie, ShornSoloists, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person