• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I want to start volunteering somewhere.

Maybe an animal shelter, I think that might help me become more social. How can I overcome social anxiety?

I just cannot seem to beat it for a long time now.

Reactions: H2H2, WinterIsComing and Superfluous
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I want to start volunteering somewhere.

Maybe an animal shelter, I think that might help me become more social. How can I overcome social anxiety?

I just cannot seem to beat it for a long time now.

Why not volunteer at a food pantry or soup kitchen? The homeless and the poor are getting fucked over harder than the animals, these days. Most pets actually get treated better than human beings and if their owner decides to abandon his or her pet one day because the pet is no longer cute and fluffy, then the animal shelters have a euthanasia service for them if nobody adopts them after like a week because they lack the $$$ to take care of all the abandoned animals for their entire lives... Lucky bastards. I wish society would send me to a fucking shelter if I became homeless one day and then kill me in a painless way after a week. When animals get treated better than human beings, you know society has turned into one worthless giant shit show and then therefore should be completely destroyed and rebuilt from scratch. "But nah, things are better than ever today! We have Netflix and there is less violence than ever! Durrrrr."

Last edited:
Reactions: Kikoo Loool, been_there, WinterIsComing and 4 others
HappyEnding

HappyEnding

Mar 23, 2019
If you want to. Seems like a good idea.

I just forced myself into situations where I had to socialize. I got myself a customer service job and from that, I gained confidence, stopped stuttering, learned to socialize, and made eye contact. I didn't start slow, I just threw myself in there because I knew I needed to come out of my anxiety-ridden shell as a young adult. It was a nightmare that lasted several years but it was worth it. I can talk to people just fine now in my mid-twenties.

A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
Is there anything you like doing? Reading, gardening, or cooking? You could help the elderly, mentor children, work at a food pantry.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Is there anything you like doing? Reading, gardening, or cooking? You could help the elderly, mentor children, work at a food pantry.

A lot of the children and the elderly are nasty cunts. But people at a food pantry have to behave themselves because they NEED food and don't want to be banned. The food pantry option is the most chillax experience, I think.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I'd also suggest staying at a hostel one night. People in hostels are in my experiences very relaxed and friendly people. Go out with a group of them. When I was in Thailand I asked a group of two strangers if I could go along with them to town and they happily agreed. In Jamaica I offered to go along with a German guy to see different things and we talked all night. Good luck in your recovery love:kiss:

Reactions: Severen
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I volunteered at an animal shelter while I was in middle school, back in New England. On the one hand it was tremendously rewarding to help the critters --I like critters better than humans, anyway-- but on the other hand it was difficult seeing the abuse cases, the critters too sick/too badly injured to save, and the critters brought in for euthanasia because their owners had decided the critter was inconvenient. The vets and staff were awesome (probably because I was a little kid), but I can't say that I did much interacting with any humans besides them (probably because I was a little kid). So volunteering with an animal shelter would definitely ease you into large-scale human interactions, but it might come with some depression as you witness critters in unhappy circumstances.

All that said, I like your idea of volunteering as a way to increase interaction. I don't know that I'm up for it yet myself, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind should I ever progress that far.

And indeed, all the very best of luck in your recovery!

Reactions: Superfluous, PatKat and not_a_robot
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I volunteered at an animal shelter while I was in middle school, back in New England. On the one hand it was tremendously rewarding to help the critters --I like critters better than humans, anyway-- but on the other hand it was difficult seeing the abuse cases, the critters too sick/too badly injured to save, and the critters brought in for euthanasia because their owners had decided the critter was inconvenient. The vets and staff were awesome (probably because I was a little kid), but I can't say that I did much interacting with any humans besides them (probably because I was a little kid). So volunteering with an animal shelter would definitely ease you into large-scale human interactions, but it might come with some depression as you witness critters in unhappy circumstances.

All that said, I like your idea of volunteering as a way to increase interaction. I don't know that I'm up for it yet myself, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind should I ever progress that far.

And indeed, all the very best of luck in your recovery!
Yea, I don't think im at that point yet either. I am hoping to get to that point one day. I should really worry about the now, but my mind wanders into the future. It doesnt look good currently. I am with you on not wanting other humans around me. I love animals though puppies and kittens are so cute. :)

sad_frog

sad_frog

May 21, 2019
I would like to take the step towards bettering my social anxiety and self confidence issue by volunteering. I haven't had a stable job in 3 years and I have lost confidence and control over my life. I feel like a huge burden but I need to step up and become a functioning adult. Is there anyone who has had success with reaching out with volunteering? This thread is pretty empty..

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Please don't label yourself a burden. If you want to volunteer I second @Severen's view. The homeless and poor need all the help they can get and are usually ignored. Can't stand seeing all those not-in-my-name environmental and anti-Trump protesters who march past semi-corpses on the street and call families in hostels professional beggars.

Reactions: sad_frog
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Please don't label yourself a burden. If you want to volunteer I second @Severen's view. The homeless and poor need all the help they can get and are usually ignored. Can't stand seeing all those not-in-my-name environmental and anti-Trump protesters who march past semi-corpses on the street and call families in hostels professional beggars.

And they will be very friendly to him because they will either be very grateful or know it's not smart to bite the hand that feeds them. And that would be great for people dealing with social anxiety because they won't have to deal with any abusive people or very few of them, anyway.

exhaustion

exhaustion

Mar 22, 2019
I started volunteering excessively in May at various schools and events in the area and found it extremely rewarding to my sense of purpose as a shy and socially-anxious person; was even offered a paying job out of it! Community food banks would be a good place to start off, as often times you're just sorting food donation shipments with a large group of people--really easy to socialize since you have to work as a team to get shit done. Wishing you best of luck!

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_frog