• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Do you support the idea of voluntary extinction?

• Yes

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I have been reading literature and arguments about human extinction, the strongest arguments of which are climate change, wars and famines.

Reactions: Venessolotic, ijustwishtodie, Gonnerr and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm going to voluntarily extinct myself. That will be my last laugh against my dad who wants and expects me to get married and have children just to continue the family line, never considering the fact that these aren't things I want or desire for myself. I will never have any kids! The line ends with me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Hollowman, ijustwishtodie and 6 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What, like, all humans? Might be a comforting thought for some but good luck getting everyone else to agree to it, or even just the few in charge.

Reactions: Venessolotic and Proteus
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I chuckle every time someone brings the "save the planet" argument. From all reasons go extinct, why this one? What is so particularly good about nature you need to protect it at all cost? Is it to prevent extinctions? To prevent their death? Because you know, animals kill each other all the time and many species went extinct before humanity too. Erasing humans it's not the magic bullet for life you think it is. Any view that wants to both preserve nature and erase humans is flawed to the core, an utopia and has zero chance of working.

I am the first one who supports extinctions, but this is also why I oppose veganism (not welfarism) and modern animalism. All it shows is how incompatible with anti-suffering views they are, and I don't care if I get backlash for this. In fact I oppose future life because I am anti-vegan, and I understand a vegan earth or giving animals our exact same rights it's impossible by definition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic, sserafim, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I have been reading literature and arguments about human extinction, the strongest arguments of which are climate change, wars and famines.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/pet-owner-bubonic-plague-cat-oregon/story?id=107193625

fingers-crossed.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: Venessolotic, LetMeBeSad and Arvid Schopentar
Arvid Schopentar

Arvid Schopentar

Nov 10, 2023
Human extinction would certainly minimise the ocean of misery that would be incurred by bringing countless new generations of human beings into existence to suffer and die meaninglessly in this world of horror.

But to extinct only ourselves would be criminally negligent to the billions of non-human animals (as @Proteus alluded to above!) whose descendants will suffer equally or more as they continue to rape, murder and cannibalise each other in perpetuity, as they did for an agonising eternity of eons before humanity began its pitiful cameo in the horror B-movie that is the natural history of this accursed planet. If humanity does do the honourable thing and remove itself wholesale from this planet, it should certainly not miss the opportunity to put all other terrestrial life out of its misery as well, and render the whole surface of the Earth completely sterile, so that no more suffering beings are ever again forced into the torment of existence. Think how little suffering there is on the Moon, or on Pluto. If the surface of the Earth was like the surface of the Moon, there would be a similarly low level of suffering here.

As far as we know, we are the only species which has the collective planning ability to even attempt something on the scale required for the humanitarian euthanisation of the entire planet. If humanity goes extinct without making provisions for everything else to go extinct along with it, then the whole ridiculous tragedy will just continue without humans for countless more millennia with no exit strategy in sight. Another species would, over millions of years, have to evolve to human-like levels of global destructive potential for this reprieve from the meaningless suffering of existence to be offered to nonhuman Earth life again. Until that day, generation after generation of animals and plants would continue to senselessly brutalise one another in an unending carnival of suffering and despair.

So let's hope for the sake of those as-yet unborn animal and plant beings, that the human race, in all its arrogance and vanity, at least has the presence of mind to "switch off the lights"/"close the door" on our way out!

Luckily, we seem to be well on our way to rendering the Earth uninhabitable completely by accident! As long as we continue our (self-)destructive ransacking of the planet to its logical conclusion, nonhuman beings such as plants and animals also have a very good chance of redemption into nonexistence as a side effect of the human race catching that vast collective bus we are currently running for. Finally, the lifeless Earth can be at peace.

By the way, anyone who doubts that animals are as demonic to one another as human beings are to each other, should consult Sarah Perry's Every Cradle is a Grave: Rethinking the Ethics of Birth and Suicide (2014, Nine-banded Books). She relates the lifecycle of a species of seabird that is "programmed" by evolution to hatch too many eggs into baby birds in each nest, and then the parents systematically peck the weakest hatchlings to death until there is only one hatchling left alive. That hatchling then survives and grows to adulthood so it can also peck its own children to death. Her point (and mine): what is the fucking point in that? Why is that "good"? Because it is natural? Then fuck nature. If that is the sort of garbage that nature offers - that things should wake up inside it with the ability to feel pain and fear, and then almost immediately be painfully pecked to death - I say if that is the sort of garbage that nature offers, then nature itself should be abolished. Along with the human race.

In short, yes, the human race should really put itself to death as soon as it can. Why should anyone else be born into this living hell. But don't let those bastard seabirds get off scott-free in the process!!! 🦅🐣💀

• Yay!
Reactions: Venessolotic, Eudaimonic, sserafim and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it very tragic how the human species hasn't gone voluntarily extinct yet, in general I'd see it as better that existence just permanently disappears into nothingness as it's nothing more than a virus that causes so much harm, senseless cruelty and torment. The fact that the human species evolved in the first place is an abomination, it's disgusting how humans continue to so selfishly procreate even know existence is nothing but suffering.

Reactions: sserafim
Purasuchikku

Purasuchikku

Sep 19, 2023
Honestly I don't really give a shit. We could go extinct or not, all I care about is to do whatever for a while and then kms. I feel like my mind is so numb to discussions about the future, because I know it won't affect me

Reactions: Venessolotic
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Well I don't know about everyone else but am gonna be voluntarily extincting my self soon, due to personal reasons as a member mentioned.

Reactions: Venessolotic and sserafim