D

Death Diviner

Sire
Sep 2, 2024
Voluntary euthanasia is the ending of one's life at one's request, to relieve one of suffering. The most accepted and legalized form of this involves when a patient suffers from an illness or physical state nearing death and the person concerned will offer a pill/injection that'll off the patient (at the patient's request). Physicians, in such events, typically carry on this practice.

Do you think voluntary euthanasia should be legalized globally? Additionally, should it be extended to those who'd like to rid themselves of life's suffering but are without any medical problems? What could such a legalization spawn? Would it be good or bad in the long run?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, kkamasal, Forever Sleep and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case the fact that I cannot just have access to a painless way to bring me true peace from the cruel, torturous burden of having the ability to exist truly is so painful, I suffer simply from existing, the absence of euthanasia is a horrific tragedy to me that just causes so much harm. Under no circumstances would I wish to be trapped here for decades longer in this existence that was always so futile to me just to die in agony from old age especially as there is no limit as to how much one can be tormented, in fact the thought of such terrifies me, I just wish for permanent non-existence instead, I only hope to never suffer again.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, deathsisarelief, babouflo201223 and 1 other person
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I do not believe so, with the exception of thoes already terminaly ill.
Government and politicians want us alive so they can tax us, and the businesses and corporations that lobby (aka own) those politicians and governments want us alive so they can sell us shit and exploit us for our labor.
They aren't going to give us an easy way out

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, kkamasal and babouflo201223
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
It should be otc I don't want some sadistic rich ass doctors viewing my death or showing barely hidden contempt for my existence and failures.
A peaceful death should be available in the privacy of your own home

It should be available cheaply for any adult to use on themselves. It will never happen, the government and corporations don't want to lose poor workers and pro-life religious organisations will lobby against it.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and pthnrdnojvsc
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Either they do that, of just put people in medically induced comas until they pass

Reactions: kkamasal
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, I think that euthanasia should be legal globally. Ideally I'd rather have it be legal for everybody but most people oppose it being legal for children so I'd settle for it being legal for anybody who is 18 and above. I think that euthanasia would be good for suicidal people in the long run as they would no longer be trapped and can even go all out in recovery if they desire to as they have a reliable safety net to fall back to were they to fail. Euthanasia being legal would be bad for society in the long run as society wants slaves and euthanasia would be getting rid of their slaves. However, I don't give a fuck about society and what they want... I actually think that society should suffer from having their slaves escape their shitty system

Reactions: Death Diviner and gudetama
T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
Yes, I think it should be legalized globally, and yes, I also believe the practice should not include just terminally ill patients.

Of course, that does not mean it should be so easy to access that you would literally be able to show up at a specific place and receive it in a few hours. You could take Switzerland as a basis for how to make it happen, together with a few tweaks to make the process better.

There could be some requirements, but only reasonable ones, such as:

1. Requiring a letter with a detailed description of one's life and current problems, together with medical files if they are available.
2. Offering help depending on that letter and those medical files, if possible, and trying to implement it for a few weeks or months to see if it works.
3. Mandating for the person to ask for the procedure two or three times with breaks of a few weeks in between.
4. Mental health assessment, but only to see whether the applicant does not have severe cognitive issues or is unable to make decisions by themselves.

Or in other words, it should not be ridiculously easy, but it should be reasonably affordable to every adult with unsolvable problems causing them constant suffering and pain who asks for it willingly, that is, not just for people who suffer from an easily seen and detectable physical illness.

And as for whether it would be good or bad in the long run...well, how exactly could it be bad in the long run? People who could not find a solution to their difficult problems in their current times would get a practical help. And how would letting them suffer for years instead benefit anyone?

Reactions: Death Diviner