S

Subterran

Claustrophobic Caprid
Jan 17, 2024
This question has tortured me for a while now. Ideally, I wouldn't want to procure the means to my exit until I was really decided on it. After all, I'm not a robot—taking that extra step would invariably push me closer to the edge, and as pro right-to-die as I am, I really would like to make every effort to live.

But "seeking help" and "retaining an exit plan" are in tension in our society. I'm (voluntarily) going into an IOP soon, and I feel scared that I'm going to be put on a list that will disbar me from gun ownership, either automatically, or as a consequence of what I tell them about my thoughts. I already know exactly what I would buy, where, and for how much, and I feel like this is my last chance to do so.

In which direction am I being too paranoid? Californian, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I would buy what you want before you risk being put on some bullshit list. Society is using anything they can to disarm us. I personally don't hold a lot of faith in "therapy" but you do you. If it was me I'd make sure to have my gun before I talked to any therapist.

Reactions: Nx7
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i've been involuntarily hospitalized twice before, & from what i can remember, there shouldn't be an issue obtaining a gun if you're voluntary.

i do agree w the commenter above though. better to be safe than sorry. once u can't get a gun it rlly does significantly lower ur options.

itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
This question has tortured me for a while now. Ideally, I wouldn't want to procure the means to my exit until I was really decided on it. After all, I'm not a robot—taking that extra step would invariably push me closer to the edge, and as pro right-to-die as I am, I really would like to make every effort to live.

But "seeking help" and "retaining an exit plan" are in tension in our society. I'm (voluntarily) going into an IOP soon, and I feel scared that I'm going to be put on a list that will disbar me from gun ownership, either automatically, or as a consequence of what I tell them about my thoughts. I already know exactly what I would buy, where, and for how much, and I feel like this is my last chance to do so.

In which direction am I being too paranoid? Californian, for what it's worth.
I think you can always resort to buying a shotgun from Walmart with no waitlist.