Toxic Positivity

Toxic Positivity

At my own pace
Feb 11, 2022
I am thankful tonight for this escapism. I just played Resident Evil: Village and am scared absolutely shitless. I hid in a closet in a dollmaker's basement as a grotesque, giant, walking fetus cried and hunted me. For those brief moments I felt the thrill of mortal terror from the safety of my chair.

It's always been a struggle for me to moderate just how much I escape into these worlds, and sometimes I neglect the real world in favor of crafted ones. But my life would be much poorer without these welcome reprieves.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Anxieyote, TheSoulless, death137 and 7 others
Hydrangea

Hydrangea

Monochrome
Dec 28, 2021
I feel the exact same way - I get sometimes too invested into the fantasies and atmospheres of the games. It's given me experiences and emotions I wouldn't really feel otherwise.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, Rogue Proxy and Toxic Positivity
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
It's more beneficial than some give it credit for. I guess striking a balance between escapism and pure avoidance of life is some what of abone of contention but you don't really hear of those that are able to have a healthy relationship with gaming. Just the shut ins. I have a healthy relationahip with gaming and it has no negative impact on my life isn't clickbait enough. So gaming sometimes gets a bad wrap I feel.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Toxic Positivity and TheSoulless