Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
In the US we now have video doctor visits easily available. Have you tried these and how did you like them? I have had several now and like them a lot. No more waiting rooms. Fast and easy. And we can get them even if the doctor is in another state. They take insurance and credit cards.

Reactions: Dead beat dad and Deleted member 4993
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
So far I've only had video appointments with my therapist, but it's worked very well so far. It's actually more convenient than traveling there and I would probably prefer it, Corona or no Corona.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Meditation guide
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
yeah, i've had one so far. filling out the questionnaire beforehand was such a hassle, though. other than that, it was alright.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I've had them with medical and therapy appointments. If doctor doesn't need to physically see you they're amazingly better. I don't have to wait for hours in an office, and I don't need to drag the kids along. I hope they keep doing them after covid ends.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I had video appointments in spring, when quarantine was the strictest where I live. Very convenient!
I believe the whole covid situation actually helped us learn to use the awesome technology we have in so many convenient ways we somehow never thought of before.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I've had to drive a long distance coughing so hard and violently it's amazing I didn't wreck, then sit for two hours in a crowded stuffy waiting room coughing so hard I was vomiting. Just for a prescription that took ten minutes. This is great and won't go away. Doctors like it too.

Reactions: sadworld, Deleted member 4993, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I've only ever been offered telephone consultations, but I feel like the idea of video consultations is good. As other users have said, Covid actually taught us a thing or 2 about how we can better use technology.

Reactions: sadworld, Deleted member 4993, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I've gone to video with my therapist and I think I feel more able to open up on video. But if I was meeting someone for the first time, I would much prefer to meet in person. My recent call with my GP who I'd never met felt so impersonal, I was quite uncomfortable

Reactions: sadworld and Deleted member 4993
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I can make an appointment with a choice of time slots of 15 minutes each for the same day I call. I pay with a credit card but I'm looking for one that will take my insurance. There are lots of these places now in the US and they don't have to be anywhere near you. They have a choice of lots of doctors with pictures of them and what times they will be available that day. So far I've gotten every medication I've requested when I explain why I want it. They won't prescribe benzos though.

Reactions: sadworld and Deleted member 4993
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
These are the future for 2020 and beyond. I would love to able trust my gp but you cannot appointment it's like pulling teeth with the doctors surgery.