• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I'm getting divorced for the second time, which is related to wanting to CTB. But this issue is about my first wife, who is still hounding me even though we were divorced 20 years ago.

It is a long and complex story, and these are just the highlights. I was very successful at the time. It was a very acrimonious divorce and my ex was after $$$$$. I paid her $1.5 million plus a very generous child support package. I've since paid probably close to another $1.5 million in child support, including private school tuition, Ivy League college tuition and all that. Things became tight some years ago and I stopped payments for a period of time. She sued. I went to jail for a while. All that. She is mentally unstable, has BPD, and is generally a mean and cruel person.

Litigation is now mostly over. I owe her $92,000 for legal fees. That's a fact. She owes me $140,000 in overpaid child support, but the courts won't recognize it without further litigation. The state has made an arithmetic mistake and thinks I owe another $70,000 in support which I do not owe. All of this is not the only reason I want to CTB, but it is one part of the reason. My ex is intent on squeezing every penny out of me possible. At this point, I am not sure what I need to do in order to correct matters. The people at governmental agencies are not so bright and they just don't care. I sued her in Family Court but they essentially said they don't have jurisdiction. Which means I have to sue her in Supreme Court, which is not a good place to be pro se. I'm just not sure I'm up for it.

She doesn't respond to my emails. She is mentally unbalanced and hates me. I'm thinking of just writing her an email and asking her to help me work this out. She knows what she is entitled to and what she is not. The problem is she has an extraordinary sense of entitlement and thinks she is owed the world. Bottom line, I would say to her, either help me work this out or I am going to CTB. That way, if I CTB it's on your head. She wouldn't care less, but we do have a 23 yo daughter. Of course, she has poisoned her against me, but I don't actually think she would want to see me CTB because she knows how difficult that would be for the child.

This isn't the only reason I want to CTB, but it is one of the reasons. In the short term, I need to deal with this issue but I don't have the strength to deal with it because of depression and all that.

Any thoughts? TIA.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: been_there, Orin, Mn1245 and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry people can be so acrimonious. If I understand your question, what you're pondering is asking your ex to be merciful and to cooperate due to your suicidal state of mind, but there's an element of something like blackmail in it as well (the "it'll be on her head" part)? I'm afraid it might backfire on you (as in she gets you institutionalized for threatening suicide).

Is it worth trying to ask for a truce just because you're weary and you know she knows what's fair?

A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Soul, you are right. To be clear, there are other reasons I want to CTB, but this is one of them. Yes, there is an element of blackmail there , too. I would never ask her to be merciful. I am asking her to be fair.

My ex comes from a middle class family. What I gave her, and what I paid for our daughter, is easily more than the rest of her family has ever seen. For whatever reason, she's pissed away all the money I gave her so she is in poor financial condition herself. I tend to doubt whether she will be fair or merciful, but the question is do I try?

Reactions: Mn1245
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
BPD ...like borderline or bipolar?

A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Borderline. For all you young 'uns out there... we're going back to 1990. Borderline was not really well known or well understood or well diagnosed back then. Bipolar and Borderline often present similarly and even experienced clinicians will confuse the two. As well, the two are frequently comorbid,meaning they exist side by side. In the old days, borderline was thought to be untreatable so insurance companies would not cover it, so it was better to diagnose as bipolar II or something like that.

Reactions: Thanatos
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I tend to doubt whether she will be fair or merciful, but the question is do I try?

It's very hard to say without knowing the lady, but it seems like there's a lot of anger there that could easily derail things. If you feel it's worth a try anyway, then you should try. But I'd leave talk of ctb out of it. That could too easily be used against you.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out well.

Reactions: been_there and Ladylethal
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Borderline. For all you young 'uns out there... we're going back to 1990. Borderline was not really well known or well understood or well diagnosed back then. Bipolar and Borderline often present similarly and even experienced clinicians will confuse the two. As well, the two are frequently comorbid,meaning they exist side by side. In the old days, borderline was thought to be untreatable so insurance companies would not cover it, so it was better to diagnose as bipolar II or something like that.

I have a borderline "friend" with narcisistic wrath ( like they world is about then) and loves poisoning people who are close to us .
Could you ask a lawyer if saying you Will cbt may affect your case or show how unstable she is?
Because i doubt she would care...

I guess she is also one of those who loves lying and trying to show a good image about herself....

Last edited:
G

Grief

May 25, 2019
Most law firms will give you at least a free 1/2 hour consultation which is a good way to hear your options. Wages can be garnished by the state for child support, but not for legal fees. In fact it is very difficult to collect on a judgement against you, unless it's the IRS or owed child support. So, if you can't afford to get a lawyer to sort it out and your ex does not want to discuss it with you, then just don't pay the 92K in legal fees. It helps if any money you have is in a trust or someone else's name, so technically you have no money to pay her. Your daughter would not want you to kill yourself over money, no matter how she feels about you at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladylethal and Thorn
Ladylethal

Ladylethal

Jun 16, 2019
I'm getting divorced for the second time, which is related to wanting to CTB. But this issue is about my first wife, who is still hounding me even though we were divorced 20 years ago.

It is a long and complex story, and these are just the highlights. I was very successful at the time. It was a very acrimonious divorce and my ex was after $$$$$. I paid her $1.5 million plus a very generous child support package. I've since paid probably close to another $1.5 million in child support, including private school tuition, Ivy League college tuition and all that. Things became tight some years ago and I stopped payments for a period of time. She sued. I went to jail for a while. All that. She is mentally unstable, has BPD, and is generally a mean and cruel person.

Litigation is now mostly over. I owe her $92,000 for legal fees. That's a fact. She owes me $140,000 in overpaid child support, but the courts won't recognize it without further litigation. The state has made an arithmetic mistake and thinks I owe another $70,000 in support which I do not owe. All of this is not the only reason I want to CTB, but it is one part of the reason. My ex is intent on squeezing every penny out of me possible. At this point, I am not sure what I need to do in order to correct matters. The people at governmental agencies are not so bright and they just don't care. I sued her in Family Court but they essentially said they don't have jurisdiction. Which means I have to sue her in Supreme Court, which is not a good place to be pro se. I'm just not sure I'm up for it.

She doesn't respond to my emails. She is mentally unbalanced and hates me. I'm thinking of just writing her an email and asking her to help me work this out. She knows what she is entitled to and what she is not. The problem is she has an extraordinary sense of entitlement and thinks she is owed the world. Bottom line, I would say to her, either help me work this out or I am going to CTB. That way, if I CTB it's on your head. She wouldn't care less, but we do have a 23 yo daughter. Of course, she has poisoned her against me, but I don't actually think she would want to see me CTB because she knows how difficult that would be for the child.

This isn't the only reason I want to CTB, but it is one of the reasons. In the short term, I need to deal with this issue but I don't have the strength to deal with it because of depression and all that.

Any thoughts? TIA.
This makes me so sad. It seems like you did everything to be a good law abiding father and for what smh. What a bitch. Smh
It's very hard to say without knowing the lady, but it seems like there's a lot of anger there that could easily derail things. If you feel it's worth a try anyway, then you should try. But I'd leave talk of ctb out of it. That could too easily be used against you.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out well.
If she's as evil as you say she is, she could definitely use that against you

M

Mn1245

Apr 11, 2019
What I learned from people trying to squeeze money out of me 24/7 is: don't make any money. Get a minimum pay job which just covers rent and food, then spend all the money on rent and food. Then, if someone asks for money, just say you don't have any, which is the truth. If you try to hide money, people will find sooner or later.

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
So sorry to hear about your situation. Divorce courts are truly the most vile thing infecting the institution of marriage. The laws need to change before it destroys more lives.

Reactions: been_there
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
have you considered the possibility of paying for a mediator and having a conversation with her and trying to just be honest and calm?

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
If you do decide to do this make sure there's no evidence of it as it might very well cost you your freedom and your ability to stand up for yourself. Phone her or ask to meet her in person (without witnesses of course). If she tries to use it against you deny and keep denying. You could even accuse of her of lying and tie it to her BPD. Not a nice thing to do but if she's as bad as you claim she has it coming.