Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I need to post this. I want to be listened to, heard, and have my feelings validated and accepted.

So, last year, my younger brother did something horrible. Something that till this very day makes my heart bleed

It all started with him going to a friends party. My mother had bought me and him a bunch of video games. Games that today would go for hundreds of dollars and are not easily available. Those video games are enabled me to survive all the toxicity and trauma at home.

Anyways, he wanted to borrow a game. I wasn't hesitant, but I let him. Then that went from "borrow" to "have". It lead to us fighting over it. He claimed my mom bought the game for him when that wasn't the case. Either way, he was being a little shit trying to manipulate me into giving it to him. My father, playing shit referee, didn't help much. I let it go and my brother left with my game

He came back at night and gave it back to me. My data was completely erased. I confronted him about it and he denied messing with it. After about 2 days he confessed that a friend of his wiped out the data. Though knowing my brother that's a lie.

He later told me he wanted some games that were his. I knew what those games were and told him I'd look for it myself to give back for him. I honestly looked and I could only find one of the games. The other one I had lost years ago. However he was not satisfied. He threatened me with "if you don't let me look I will take them all myself". I should have listened

The next day was typical. Nothing really bad. I went for a check up and then spent time with relatives. Everything was fine till my grandma told me my brother was on the phone. Asking where his game was. I explained that I had lost it years ago and it's no longer. However my brother said "you left me no choice, I am dropping them out the fire escape"

My heart dropped. These games were not just fun time wasters. These games kept me alive. From the abuse, the trauma, the pain. For sometimes even just 30 minutes, I could escape from it all and be happy. I was bullied in school and had no friends. These games became my friends. Every time I wanted to commit suicide, these games kept me going and gave me a reason to keep on going. And that bastard took them

I went home with my aunt quickly and found my brother. He showed me what we did to my room. He ransacked it. He took my games and they were gone. I screamed, cried, and talked about suicide. The whole time he looked at me. He smiled. He felt happy seeing me in pain. He wanted to hurt me. I was so distraught I called the cops wanting to press charges. But my family was against it. I checked the fire escape he claimed he through them out of but there was nothing. Whatever he did with them, they're gone

My brother had no remorse, my dad told me in my crying state "I wish I never had kids". And that was it. That set me off. I starting screaming and curse and throwing things. I left and went to a friends place for the night

Till this day I never got an apology. My brother occasionally says "you seem happy. I guess you don't care about your games". When I confronted my dad on what he said he said "it was a long time ago. Let go of it. I was angry. Let's move on"

Know how I fucking feel? Ever since I was a child I suffered horrific abuse from my parents. And I was always expected to be the therapist. My mom complained to me about her failing marriage, how she was molested, how my dad doesn't pleasure her anymore, how he avoids her, how nobody loves her. I was fucking 8. EIGHT. No child should be a therapist for their parent! And if I god forbid had a problem "STOP CRYING BITCH. STOP FEELING SAD! YOU CRYING MAKES ME MISERABLE GET AWAY FROM ME!"

My dad? "Stop being sensitive. You cry too much. Leave me alone"

I was abused by both those fuckers. Yet when they had problems who had to console them? Me. But when I cried? I had to go fuck myself

I have been told "forgive your brother" "move on" no. FUCKING NO. I WILL NOT FORGIVE THAT FUCKER

I plan to start working soon. Continue my eduction and get the fuck out of here

All I wanted is validation. All I wanted was to know that I mattered.

Thank you for listening

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Dysgenic Pup and 2 others
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
That shit sounds horrible. I hope you find your way out of your predicament. You deserve better.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
That shit sounds horrible. I hope you find your way out of your predicament. You deserve better.
thank you so much. Btw nice PfP. Sanic
And yeah. I plan to leave. I deserve to be loved uncondtionlly and validated. The unconditional love sadly won't come from anyone but me though

• Love
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
100% for real, my heart broke and I cried readding your post. My childhood was a lot like yours, and I REALLY want YOU to know that I care and love you as a friend. YOU matter a lot in this world to me and others.

Back in the 1960's, yikes, a long time ago! my older brother and younger sister always received toys, gifts etc. and I never was given anything by my "parents" and I can still remember how my "dad" would saying something like "get over it".

Please remember that you are a VERY valuable friend to me here, you are a bright, kind and caring soul with so much to give yourself and the world and I stand with you step by step.

Please stay strong, keep me informed on your education, I went to college at 24 years of age, had to save up money to go, did not want student loans.

YOU are going to go far in this life and be a bright shining star, being almost 66, reference point, I have through life experience seen it before and you are going to be great and do great things!

Sending you lots of hugs, beautiful blue skies and the knowledge that you are awesome!

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
100% for real, my heart broke and I cried readding your post. My childhood was a lot like yours, and I REALLY want YOU to know that I care and love you as a friend. YOU matter a lot in this world to me and others.

Back in the 1960's, yikes, a long time ago! my older brother and younger sister always received toys, gifts etc. and I never was given anything by my "parents" and I can still remember how my "dad" would saying something like "get over it".

Please remember that you are a VERY valuable friend to me here, you are a bright, kind and caring soul with so much to give yourself and the world and I stand with you step by step.

Please stay strong, keep me informed on your education, I went to college at 24 years of age, had to save up money to go, did not want student loans.

YOU are going to go far in this life and be a bright shining star, being almost 66, reference point, I have through life experience seen it before and you are going to be great and do great things!

Sending you lots of hugs, beautiful blue skies and the knowledge that you are awesome!

Walter
thank you so much for the support and validation
I was given many things by my parents, game and all. But they probably felt "huh, we're giving her what she wants. Provide a roof over her head. We're good parents". No. That is the bare minimum. By default that is what a parent should do. You don't get a "best parent of the year" award for doing basic shit. Fuck those guys :angry::angry::angry:
I feel good being angry. I have been too nice to my parents over the years. I have not let myself feel the rage that I needed. All the parentiification and the emotional abuse really screwed me up. Expecting me to be the adult for them, but they never wanted to be the adults for me. The fuck did they have me for? To create a human to appease their needs? Did they want a free child therapist without going to get an actual one?
My mom went to therapy once, and left in tears because she got all "childhood trauma triggered". Yet felt comfortable abusing me. Great. Fucking great.

• Love
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
thank you so much for the support and validation
I was given many things by my parents, game and all. But they probably felt "huh, we're giving her what she wants. Provide a roof over her head. We're good parents". No. That is the bare minimum. By default that is what a parent should do. You don't get a "best parent of the year" award for doing basic shit. Fuck those guys :angry::angry::angry:
Totally agree with you. Like I have said on here umpteenth times, when my "parents" died, they left my brother and sister VERY well off and I got ZERO, not even 1 family item.

I so agree with you. I was given food, a roof over my head and a shirt on my back, and that was it till 18 and kicked out.

You have a friend in me and always have you in my heart. The old saying, been there, done that, yep that is me and I so understand you.

Lots of hugs and support.

Walter

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you have been through all that. I can imagine it must have been unbearable. Some people are just so cruel. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Totally agree with you. Like I have said on here umpteenth times, when my "parents" died, they left my brother and sister VERY well off and I got ZERO, not even 1 family item.

I so agree with you. I was given food, a roof over my head and a shirt on my back, and that was it till 18 and kicked out.

You have a friend in me and always have you in my heart. The old saying, been there, done that, yep that is me and I so understand you.

Lots of hugs and support.

Walter
My parents never kicked me out. My mom would threaten it, even the cops, but never did. God I wish she died earlier in my life
As for my dad I don't have to be worried about being kicked out ( I fear it though). Also when my mom died she left a large TRS Benefit fund for me. So I have some money to start me off
All that being said, it doesn't matter. They're shitty people
I think its fucked that they kicked you out and gave you nothing. I do not understand how parents treat one child so amazing, and abuse the other. What kind of backwards fucked up psychology is that?!
I'm sorry that you have been through all that. I can imagine it must have been unbearable. Some people are just so cruel. I wish you the best.
Thank you hun. I will be ok. if not now, things will get a little better.

• Love