butterfly3

butterfly3

Student
Apr 2, 2022
i've found that one of the only things that help me with my depression is weed. I remember one day I was feeling the most suicidal i'd felt in a long time over a certain situation, and in the evening I just smoked weed and felt so much better. and it's not even just while high, i've found that even after coming down, I still feel less depressed and suicidal, it only returns after a day or two. the only problem is I live in the uk and it's so hard to get. I hate using dealers, it just gives me anxiety. the online dispensaries are safer and more convenient, but so ridiculously overpriced. I hate the uks laws against it, I just will never understand it. there is such a negative stigma around it.
Self medicating using it has worked better than the mental health system in this country, they've fucked me over so bad. Before my attempt last year, they disregarded my situation, then gave me subpar treatment like a year later. the treatment was really not good, they stuck me on ssri's and I didn't like them. they barely helped and gave me negative side effects.
I've been sober for a few weeks and I'm already feeling way worse.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: r00man, HighFlight, lachrymost and 1 other person
yellowroses

yellowroses

Ever Seeking
Jun 12, 2023
Same, luckily I live somewhere that it's completely legal, I would go crazy without it. The whole "war on drugs" thing took so much from us, and we're barely starting to scratch the surface of taking things like weed seriously as medicine again.

• Hugs
Reactions: r00man, LoiteringClouds, lachrymost and 1 other person
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I've got Canadian privilege here. Weed is the only thing that actually helps me that isn't alcohol. But I have to be high all the time. Sometimes when high I'll have these brief, bizarre moments of something close to life acceptance--very fleeting. Personally I didn't want to be a stoner because of my risk aversion, but I don't have a choice anymore, sadly.

I had the same experience regarding weed and the mental health system. My doctors always lectured me about weed, but ironically it was their drugs that harmed me. I also had a psychiatrist who secretly diagnosed me with cannabis use disorder just because I got high a couple times a week, at the time. I found out when reviewing my medical records. Also ironic, because now I guess I actually do have cannabis use disorder, thanks to him and the others.

• Love
Reactions: r00man and butterfly3
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I live in a location where it is also legal and my son has been self-medicating his mental health issues with it for a couple years. I've tried it a few times, but each time I got paranoid and had a panic attack. Needless to say, I don't use it. But with so many people who are using it without issues, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

• Love
Reactions: r00man and butterfly3