• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I will use medication terms specific to North America, where meclizine is sold as Bonine, and dimenhydrinate is sold as Dramanine, since that's all I know. (For clarity, capitalized terms are brand names, and non-capitalized terms are chemical names.)

It's common knowledge on SS that SN requires an anti-emetic to go with it. For me, prescription anti-emetics are out of the question. Getting it from my doctor will require too much explaining to be worth it. And I'm very gun-shy about buying it on the street or the dark web. So OTC-grade anti-emetics are my only choice. Now, motion sickness drugs, like Bonine or Dramamine, are technically anti-emetics, since they prevent nausea. Dramamine has an added bonus of causing sleepiness as a side effect, which will help bring about unconsciousness quicker. (While in non-CTB situations, Bonine is better, since it has no drowsy side effects.)

So... just how realistic is it to MacGyver these OTC drugs as anti-emetics with SN? Will it work? Wasting my money isn't an issue, since these OTC drugs are dirt-cheap in the US, and I'll be dead anyway. Or am I better off just using SN without an anti-emetic? Or mixing SN with Everclear (a 98% liquor) instead, and hoping for the "best"?

Last edited:
Swampy

Swampy

Antinatalist
Mar 7, 2021
Dimenhydrinate is a only serotonin antagonist so it won't be useful with SN. The meclizine is probably better than nothing although motion sickness drugs aren't ideal. Hopefully someone else is more knowledgeable about this.

Reactions: MyStateKilledMe
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
Dimenhydrinate is a only serotonin antagonist so it won't be useful with SN. The meclizine is probably better than nothing although motion sickness drugs aren't ideal. Hopefully someone else is more knowledgeable about this.
Interesting! I had no idea dimenhydrinate worked that way; it means that it increases the amount of serotonin reaching the brain. Then why would it cause drowsiness? I take Effexor (an SNRI), which also increases the serotonin levels, albeit it in a different manner. I'm curious how meclizine works, since it's supposedly better.