• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
I'm going to subdue my survival instinct by drinking alcohol. Will this work?

Reactions: Vicolo cieco and iloverachel
keg-ireland

keg-ireland

May 3, 2024
I
I'm going to subdue my survival instinct by drinking alcohol. Will this work?
I tried that but found alcohol to numb out my anxiety and agitation issues so I kinda felt normal which actually increased SI rather than lessen it.

That's my experience anyway.

Reactions: vak
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
It depends entirely on how you personally react to alcohol. For some people, it makes them more reckless. For others, more anxious. It's very subjective

Reactions: DeathWish3301, Metalhead, vak and 1 other person
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Everyone reacts completely differently to alcohol and no one can tell you if it's actually going to work for you. Personally, I tried to use it, but every time I drink, I just get fuzzy and giggly and decide that maybe life isn't so bad after all and then I just end up not trying to ctb because I feel good. šŸ˜– I'm going to have to do my thing completely sober.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash and vak
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
For me definitely
I remember about 6 years ago I went to the bar by myself and had many shots and drinks
I then bought a bottle and decided to drink it all at the park before going home
The alcohol brought my depression to its absolute worst as well as my most traumatic memories
I didn't plan to ctb before that day but after drinking I was literally searching for a tree to hang myself and was trying to figure out where I could find a rope
It was so intense, alcohol is an extreme depressant for me so I don't really drink it anymore
But yeah everybody's different

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Alcohol and other drugs will make you relaxed and chilled. They will ironically increase your SI as they will give hope.

DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
As others have stated, it's completely subjective dependent on how you individually react to the effects of alcohol.

In my case, most CTB attempts were accompanied by alcohol. It was the only thing that helped fully overcome SI.

You can see results of studies on the National Library of Medicine website which do suggest that a lot of people who attempt or commit use it as an aid.