• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
I've read a lot about the method that implies usage of exit bag with inert gas, and I have an impression that this method is kinda overrated. Let's compare it with the more simple variant that doesn't require an inert gas:

1) Use of an inert gas makes the method less accessible: obtaining an appropriate hermetic bag with scarf or duct tape is a much more simple thing to do than obtaining a gas tank.

2) Use of an inert gas makes the method less reliable due to several factors:

- increased odds of appearing critical defects in the construction due to its complexity;

- a possible presence of life-saving amount of oxygen in the gas that is initially presumed to be oxygen-free;

- a possible lack of gas that may be used up too quickly;

- if the gas tank is spotted by people who know that the given person may suffer from depression, they may suspect something and then pay undesirable attention to the person's activity.

The most noticeable difference between the two methods is that an inert gas is supposed to make the process fully free of discomfort, while the simplified variant implies a suffering from hypercapnia.

So far I have no evidences that such a suffering may be strong. During my life I had a strong physical pain a lot of times, and I doubt that hypercapnia symptoms could somehow become more than just a moderate discomfort.

In my opinion, this moderate discomfort may be considered as an advantage of the method, because it serves as a good test for the will behind the decision to die. In case if the life is really bad and the person has strong intentions to end it, a moderate discomfort that lasts in 5 - 10 minutes shouldn't be a showstopper.

However, if the person is afraid of short suffering, this is a sign that the decision to die is probably too early and they should carefully rethink what they're going to do with their life. Luckily, interruption of the procedure with a bag may be done without negative consequences on the health, in contrast to many other methods like poisoning.

• Hugs
Reactions: snowcloud9
Death is beautiful

Death is beautiful

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Hi, first of all I would like to say that many of the "problems" of the inert gas method that you described are not particularly significant - the amount of oxygen can and should be checked. And so that there is no shortage of gas, you can simply take more than recommended. Probably the real problems with this method is that it costs time, effort and money.
And it's also not entirely clear what you're offering in return. Just suffocate yourself by putting a bag over your head? Obviously, it will be terribly painful, maybe it's not a physical pain on the body, but lack of air is a terrible suffering. This whole forum exists because people do not want to feel discomfort before leaving, or rather they are looking for an opportunity to leave in peace and hope that it exists, I do not think that a person should prove the desire for death by some kind of suffering, people with incurable fatal diseases experience severe suffering, but they go there where euthanasia is allowed and pay a lot of money instead in order to die painfully.

Reactions: k1w1
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Hi, first of all I would like to say that many of the "problems" of the inert gas method that you described are not particularly significant - the amount of oxygen can and should be checked. And so that there is no shortage of gas, you can simply take more than recommended. Probably the real problems with this method is that it costs time, effort and money.
And it's also not entirely clear what you're offering in return. Just suffocate yourself by putting a bag over your head? Obviously, it will be terribly painful, maybe it's not a physical pain on the body, but lack of air is a terrible suffering. This whole forum exists because people do not want to feel discomfort before leaving, or rather they are looking for an opportunity to leave in peace and hope that it exists, I do not think that a person should prove the desire for death by some kind of suffering, people with incurable fatal diseases experience severe suffering, but they go there where euthanasia is allowed and pay a lot of money instead in order to die painfully.
I guess the question then would be, are you willing to go the extra mile to achieve a nearly perfect, peaceful death, or is it more important to have everything needed be easily accessible - even if it results in more discomfort. It's just a difference in philosophy.

But, yeah, it's not really clear what is being offered with this post.

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
And it's also not entirely clear what you're offering in return. Just suffocate yourself by putting a bag over your head?
Basically, yes.
Obviously, it will be terribly painful, maybe it's not a physical pain on the body, but lack of air is a terrible suffering.
How terrible it is depends on the exact technique you use. There are at least 4 factors that may reduce your sufferings:

1. Hyperventilation offers you an extra time without feelings of suffocation.
2. Removing as much air as possible from the bag reduces the time before passing out.
3. Holding breath on max exhale when sealing the neck additionally reduces the amount of available oxygen and the time before passing out.
4. Moving feet and hands during suffocation reduces the time before passing out by means of more intense consumption of the remaining oxygen and deprives your attention from suffocation feelings.

As long as you don't try to suffocate yourself with a bag in the most dumbest and non-optimal way possible, there is nothing "obvious" in presumptions that your sufferings should be very hard.
This whole forum exists because people do not want to feel discomfort before leaving
Looks like they overrate their discomfort of living then. Because otherwise it would easily win the competition with the discomfort of leaving.

I

imdyinganyway5

Oct 2, 2023
I've read a lot about the method that implies usage of exit bag with inert gas, and I have an impression that this method is kinda overrated. Let's compare it with the more simple variant that doesn't require an inert gas:

1) Use of an inert gas makes the method less accessible: obtaining an appropriate hermetic bag with scarf or duct tape is a much more simple thing to do than obtaining a gas tank.

2) Use of an inert gas makes the method less reliable due to several factors:

- increased odds of appearing critical defects in the construction due to its complexity;

- a possible presence of life-saving amount of oxygen in the gas that is initially presumed to be oxygen-free;

- a possible lack of gas that may be used up too quickly;

- if the gas tank is spotted by people who know that the given person may suffer from depression, they may suspect something and then pay undesirable attention to the person's activity.

The most noticeable difference between the two methods is that an inert gas is supposed to make the process fully free of discomfort, while the simplified variant implies a suffering from hypercapnia.

So far I have no evidences that such a suffering may be strong. During my life I had a strong physical pain a lot of times, and I doubt that hypercapnia symptoms could somehow become more than just a moderate discomfort.

In my opinion, this moderate discomfort may be considered as an advantage of the method, because it serves as a good test for the will behind the decision to die. In case if the life is really bad and the person has strong intentions to end it, a moderate discomfort that lasts in 5 - 10 minutes shouldn't be a showstopper.

However, if the person is afraid of short suffering, this is a sign that the decision to die is probably too early and they should carefully rethink what they're going to do with their life. Luckily, interruption of the procedure with a bag may be done without negative consequences on the health, in contrast to many other methods like poisoning.
I agree and it's simple almost no money, however I heard when it's time to die your body and soul try to hold on to life even though you want to die but it's possible you panic and remove the bag

1sadtran

Nov 20, 2023
i tried this and panic sets in after a while, its really uncomfortable
nitrogen would take away the panic feeling from the co2 buildup of just breathing in the bag