L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
And mods were quick to ban and lock the thread. They said they were going to try to start doing that again on goodbye threads.

• Aww..
Reactions: Jumper Geo and not-2-b-the-answer
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
And mods were quick to ban and lock the thread. They said they were going to try to start doing that again on goodbye threads.

I think it's good that they lock goodbye threads. I don't know if you where here when people started posting about everything and nothing, including rants and jokes, in an old goodbye thread, i.e. Stan's thread. I, for one, found it respectless and macabre. I think goodbye threads should be locked out of respect for the dead. One can discuss exactly when they should be locked, though. Just my two cents.

Reactions: NoGlorySoul, AnxietyAttack44, puppy9 and 4 others
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I think it's good that they lock goodbye threads. I don't know if you where here when people started posting about everything and nothing, including rants and jokes, in an old goodbye thread, i.e. Stan's thread. I, for one, found it respectless and macabre. I think goodbye threads should be locked out of respect for the dead. One can discuss exactly when they should be locked, though. Just my two cents.
Personally i filed a ticket over a month ago asking for it to be reinstated ..

Reactions: Sensei and I_love_to_bake
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I agree threads should be locked ... I just wish I would have been here to say goodbye or at least make a goodbye post. Even though Faust will never see it. I did say goodbye on his wall. So I guess that will have to do. I don't know how long they should keep a goodbye thread open but 2 days would be nice. I can't always be on everyday. I haven't even been able to find Faust's goodbye thread.

I think the reason they let Stan's goodbye thread go for so long was for Jean. I admit I did post there as well. At the time I thought we were trying to keep his memory alive. I don't know what really happened. Though I have seen some things mentioned on here.

Just my added cent. :wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Sensei and Neville1
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I agree threads should be locked ... I just wish I would have been here to say goodbye or at least make a goodbye post. Even though Faust will never see it. I did say goodbye on his wall. So I guess that will have to do. I don't know how long they should keep a goodbye thread open but 2 days would be nice. I can't always be on everyday. I haven't even been able to find Faust's goodbye thread.

I think the reason they let Stan's goodbye thread go for so long was for Jean. I admit I did post there as well. At the time I thought we were trying to keep his memory alive. I don't know what really happened. Though I have seen some things mentioned on here.

Just my added cent. :wink:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-final-day-has-come.43488/

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-final-day-has-come.43488/

Thank you. :heart: Even though I couldn't say goodbye, it was nice to read all of the goodbye posts. I was even on for a bit last night and missed it. :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020

I remember Stan's thread. I requested for it to be locked because it got out of hand. Out of respect, all Good Bye threads should be locked.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, nerve, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I think it would be nice if they'd leave goodbye threads open for a couple of weeks, maybe a month, to give people a chance to pay their respects. Not everyone logs in every day. I can imagine being off the forum for a couple of weeks and finding out someone I really cared about ctb'd and not having a place to express that.

Goodbye threads are like a funeral. Some members are especially appreciated and folks may want opportunities to be at the funeral for a bit, cry, express how much they cared and how much that person meant to them.

I feel like it was way too early to close Faust's, he just died yesterday. He'd been here a while and had a positive impact on a lot of people, there was much affection for him.

• Love
Reactions: Pupu, voyager, Abgrundanziehung and 10 others
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Remembering to do it 2 days later will be the challenge. They'd need a system to make this happen.
i think it's also good for those who might want to get attn or fake a ctb.. you only get one unban so better think twice before a good bye thread.
keeping family from gaining access to post is also a reason to close it sooner

can debate all the scenarios

Reactions: Fragile, Woodnote, Sensei and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i think it's also good for those who might want to get attn or fake a ctb.. you only get one unban so better think twice before a good bye thread.

CTB is usually unreliable and takes a lot of courage, but I agree with what you are saying. some people post way too many goodbye threads for it to be considered a real attempt.

Reactions: AlreadyGone
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Is anyone aware of Chiyuki99 's status?
:notsure:

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I guess a.n.kirillov really is gone, isn't he? He's not been active for a month.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, disabledandhopeless, Sensei and 2 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
CTB is usually unreliable and takes a lot of courage, but I agree with what you are saying. some people post way too many goodbye threads for it to be considered a real attempt.

Yup. The mods used to ban the user (per the rules) when a good bye thread was created. I do believe they have became too lenient on this and as a result, members post good bye threads ad nauseam.

Reactions: Sensei and Fragile
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
@MorticiasHair ?

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
@MorticiasHair ?
--- Thread 1709 on page 57:

She targeted younger members for pro-life intervention. I reported at least three of her posts on two goodbye threads, all of which were deleted by mods, and right after the last one was deleted, her name was crossed out.

Her post history still has plenty of messages showing how she negated younger members' ctb intentions, seemingly with much affection, and in at least one case, explained a younger member to himself and told him what he needed to do in his life (how he functions, what kind of girlfriend he needs), not suggestions but telling.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, puppy9 and not-2-b-the-answer
Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
--- Thread 1709 on page 57:

She targeted younger members for pro-life intervention. I reported at least three of her posts on two goodbye threads, all of which were deleted by mods, and right after the last one was deleted, her name was crossed out.

Her post history still has plenty of messages showing how she negated younger members' ctb intentions, seemingly with much affection, and in at least one case, explained a younger member to himself and told him what he needed to do in his life (how he functions, what kind of girlfriend he needs), not suggestions but telling.

She seemed very nice to me. She spoke personally to me after reading my post. I am unhappy with this outcome.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, not-2-b-the-answer, Sensei and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
She seemed very nice to me. She spoke personally to me after reading my post. I am unhappy with this outcome.

Yeah I was under the impression she's a kind person.
I didn't speak too much with her though.
I hope she's alright if she has any personal struggles of her own.

Reactions: Homecoming, not-2-b-the-answer and Woodnote
Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
Yeah I was under the impression she's a kind person.
I didn't speak too much with her though.
I hope she's alright if she has any personal struggles of her own.

What kind of posts did she make on these goodbye threads ?

• Hugs
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

I'm not the original poster to this thread.
But you can tag
@GoodPersonEffed
to see if he/she has any information regarding this

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Do you know how to search a profile to see posting history?

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/search/352656/

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

She has a short post history so you can see where she used guilt on a goodbye thread about how the member's parent will feel when they ctb. There may be other such posts, I don't recall.

The posts that were deleted were for trying to talk someone out of ctbing because they are young. As with her other posts, there were hearts along with the text. I (and perhaps others) reported these posts. They were deleted, and a mod responded on the thread with the post I'm linking. I think it was the next day that she repeated the same behavior on another goodbye thread of a younger member, I (and perhaps others) reported it, it was immediately deleted, and she was banned minutes later.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-want-to-ctb-tonight.42292/post-772247

I hear you that you're unhappy with her being banned. It's understandable when you've received kindness. But her actions toward others were not always received that way. If you read the thread I linked to, the member who was going to ctb was absolutely wigging out and threatening to leave the site, and it was in direct response to what was deleted, and maybe to some of what was not deleted, there are still posts left on that thread. You can read for yourself and make your own judgement about it.

I'll step out of this discussion now. I wanted to answer your question and support the assertions I've made as it seems from the recent posts here that they were in question.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, not-2-b-the-answer and Deleted member 17949
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Does anyone know why @Chiyuki99 requested self-ban?
@angel-of-the-night

D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
@StrokeMyEgoBaby no clue as to why

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
She has a short post history so you can see where she used guilt on a goodbye thread about how the member's parent will feel when they ctb. There may be other such posts, I don't recall.

The posts that were deleted were for trying to talk someone out of ctbing because they are young. As with her other posts, there were hearts along with the text. I (and perhaps others) reported these posts. They were deleted, and a mod responded on the thread with the post I'm linking. I think it was the next day that she repeated the same behavior on another goodbye thread of a younger member, I (and perhaps others) reported it, it was immediately deleted, and she was banned minutes later.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-want-to-ctb-tonight.42292/post-772247

I hear you that you're unhappy with her being banned. It's understandable when you've received kindness. But her actions toward others were not always received that way. If you read the thread I linked to, the member who was going to ctb was absolutely wigging out and threatening to leave the site, and it was in direct response to what was deleted, and maybe to some of what was not deleted, there are still posts left on that thread. You can read for yourself and make your own judgement about it.

I'll step out of this discussion now. I wanted to answer your question and support the assertions I've made as it seems from the recent posts here that they were in question.

I frankly haven't got the energy right now to read any of her posts. If the mods feel they were in violation then maybe they took the right decision.

I am sad because now I can't speak with someone who spoke so kindly with me here.

RIP @faust You were another person who struck me as being a genuinely nice person based on our limited interactions here.

I hope you found peace.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, not-2-b-the-answer, Brink and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I would like to know what happened to @Blu_1
Has he self-banned or what's the situation?

Reactions: _Minsk