• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
Hello wondering if there any fellow Not in Education, Employment, or Training folks here, hikikomoris welcome as well.

Why are you currently NEET? Do you think your Neethood contributes to your suicidality? For me its part but not all. I'm neet from agoraphobia. I had a lot of traumatic events occur to me in high school which I dropped out of. I spent the last 2 years trying to self learn skills and failing, the disappointment is immeasurable and my life is ruined!

And lastly how are you doing this Monday? I'm going to drink some lemonade, procrastinate on picking an anime to watch, and then take a nap, what about you?

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I've been a NEET ever since graduating college, I never thought that I would even live to see myself graduate tbh, I never thought that I would live past 18. I feel like I'm destined to die young. I'm 23 now and I've been a NEET for the past 2 years, I basically stay at home all day and browse the internet and drink coffee and tea. I don't want to enter the real world or the workforce, I would hate to become a wageslave to capitalism and society. I never thought that I would even have to enter the real world, I always thought that I would die young and not reach adulthood. The thought of entering the workforce fills me with immense anxiety and fear as I believe that my freedom and autonomy would be taken away from me, and I would be chained to a job instead. I'm planning to ctb before I reach 25 to prevent myself from ever having to be a real adult.

Last edited:
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i'm NEET bc i can't stand interacting w/being around ppl & having to be a person in general. after an extremely unpleasant event @ my last job, i quit, & haven't left my house in 3 months🧸being a NEET is actually the only thing stopping me from kms rn. i was facing homelessness a while ago, & that would've finally been a motivating factor to push me to ctb, but i worked smthg out w my roomm8, so now im back in limbo. i'd rather die than have to get a job again & go back to pretending to be a functioning member of society, lol.

i'm doing the same as i always am. how abt u? & what anime are u gonna watch? :) if you've picked yet.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Me too, I'm not neet by choice. I've made extremely bad decisions during high school and the same bad decisions affected all my life till now(32 y). It was not all my fault, it was mainly for the environment and some minor problems, but once you become depressed and neet it is not so easy to exit from this kind of situation. I was also victim of many injustice during school. I even worked in other cities, away from home, i felt fine and had a lot of nice times.
It does not work for everyone but dreams and hard work are the only things a man has to pursue to be happy. You'll feel self sufficient and you will make money.

Last edited:
underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
Yes I relate so much to fear of the workforce and the other people in it. I fumbled lots of social interaction when I was in school I shudder at how I would deal with interviews much less office politics and the actual job responsibilites.
once you become depressed and neet it is not so easy to exit from this kind of situation
Really the perfect sentence to describe it all hah...I'm glad you enjoyed your time away from your hometown. In the past I've tried to pursue my original dream of becoming a good enough artist to make a little money doing commission work...but then AI happened and yea
what anime are u gonna watch? :) if you've picked yet.
I would like to continue Undead Unluck as the first few episodes are fun but I haven't caught up for no real reason, or The Apothecary Diaries because the setting is interesting. Or going with something slightly older with Love After World Domination, because it sounds very cute!

Reactions: sserafim
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm not currently a NEET, but I was one during the last few months of 2023. I already miss it, because being a NEET had nothing to do with why I wanted to die, although being broke became one of the reasons because I kept postponing my suicide plans.

I liked that it was easier to keep myself distracted when I wasn't employed. I'm currently working now, but I feel the same way I felt when I wasn't working, like I just want to die regardless.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I was destined to NEETdom. It's not acceptable to me.

cyandude

cyandude

T-x days left... -.-
Nov 4, 2023
Why are you currently NEET? Do you think your Neethood contributes to your suicidality?
I'm NEET because I'm psychically incapable of doing and keeping any job, and yes, it does contribute to my suicidality because just staying at home every single day makes my anxiety much more severe, which in turn intensifies my somatic symptoms of breathlessness and makes me feel worse, leading to more suicidal thoughts. lief sucks hope i can get out someday.

Pyxel

Pyxel

Sleepy
Sep 10, 2023
No longer the case but I was a neet because of agoraphobia for a few months. Even now agoraphobia still haunts me everytime I go outside but it's all I can do for now. Sucks having to live with this

• Love
Reactions: ADHDloser