• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
People are always saying how life is full of ups and downs . What are ups ? I dont feel I've experienced them I think I came out of the womb depressed to me life has always been just being in straight survival mode

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, CHOSEVIOLENCE, destinationlosangel and 12 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Well, unfortunately - and luckily - it's somewhat personal for everyone. This is unfortunate because you can't be told exactly what it is, but lucky because the possibilities are endless.

Being in survival mode, anxious, fearful, etc., are easy ways not to experience ups. That makes sense biologically, right? If the tiger is chasing you, you don't want to stop and smell the roses. I personally would say for you, before seeking "ups" you should try to find a "not down," some time when you can breath and not be worried, even if only for a few minutes.

Reactions: esalucolom-wojaqter, Sylveon, Randy Savage and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Well, unfortunately - and luckily - it's somewhat personal for everyone. This is unfortunate because you can't be told exactly what it is, but lucky because the possibilities are endless.

Being in survival mode, anxious, fearful, etc., are easy ways not to experience ups. That makes sense biologically, right? If the tiger is chasing you, you don't want to stop and smell the roses. I personally would say for you, before seeking "ups" you should try to find a "not down," some time when you can breath and not be worried, even if only for a few minutes.
Ive tried I think after severe trauma ones brain gets stuck in that mode to protect one from the "Tiger" chasing you

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: landslide2, Cinnamorolls and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Ive tried I think after severe trauma ones brain gets stuck in that mode to protect one from the "Tiger" chasing you
For sure. Trauma can be devastating. I hope that over time your suffering can lessen at least a little.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36
Randy Savage

Randy Savage

“Macho Man”
Jul 23, 2024
For some people, there is no true "up". There's only brief periods of respite, and back to grief again in the morning. The best thing you can do if you want to experience the ups of life is to grow and move on from your downs and unabashedly be yourself. Maybe yourself isn't happy just yet, and that's okay, but if you don't be gentle with your thoughts about yourself and ready to change then you will never move forward in this aspect.
Derpyderpins said it better than I can: just find a "not down" and go from there.

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2, Sylveon and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That statement just invalidates suffering, for me personally there is certainly nothing positive about this undesirable existence, existing has only ever caused me to suffer.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder, Sylveon and 1 other person
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
I feel you. My therapist once asked me what my happiest memories are and literally nothing came to mind. Things have just always been terrible. I think some of us are truly cursed.

• Aww..
Reactions: esalucolom-wojaqter, landslide2 and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I feel you. My therapist once asked me what my happiest memories are and literally nothing came to mind. Things have just always been terrible. I think some of us are truly cursed.
I think so to and we have tried so damn hard to make it better <3

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamorolls
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
I think the "UPs" are whenever you're blissfully ignorant. Haha. The downs? God the downs can go farther down. Down, down, down. My baby shot me down.

Like the UP doesn't need to be some profound beautiful glorious thing it can just be a time when you feel less likely to walk out into oncoming traffic. Maybe my brain is just potato mash. Maybe the UP is gravy.

Reactions: esalucolom-wojaqter and divinemistress36
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
I do get some ups but it feels like they are only there to torment me and remind me how good life can be before it all comes crashing down again.

• Hugs
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
pretty much what everyone said in the posts above

ups are different for everyone. it has its own definition for everyone.

for those who experience downs most of the time, anything that is the complete opposite from a down could already be considered to be an up

eg feeling sad one moment but enjoying your favorite tv a moment later

that could already be considered an up moment

very small but ups and downs don't need to have a huge impact on moments / your life

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
The catch is that our body (the body of all living beings) has evolved (since life arose on this earth, 3 and a half billion years ago) to notice/perceive above all the state of malaise (a symptom that something is wrong, that something potentially lethal must be avoided) rather than the state of well-being. And a bayas encysted in the brains of all primates, to make up for a loss of x requires a gain of at least 2x. Life is a rigged game (and I believe that for all those who are here, some mechanisms - either due to accidents/traumas suffered, or due to genetics - are even more rigged)

Reactions: GoatHerder
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think the "UPs" are whenever you're blissfully ignorant. Haha. The downs? God the downs can go farther down. Down, down, down. My baby shot me down.

Like the UP doesn't need to be some profound beautiful glorious thing it can just be a time when you feel less likely to walk out into oncoming traffic. Maybe my brain is just potato mash. Maybe the UP is gravy.
I
The catch is that our body (the body of all living beings) has evolved (since life arose on this earth, 3 and a half billion years ago) to notice/perceive above all the state of malaise (a symptom that something is wrong, that something potentially lethal must be avoided) rather than the state of well-being. And a bayas encysted in the brains of all primates, to make up for a loss of x requires a gain of at least 2x. Life is a rigged game (and I believe that for all those who are here, some mechanisms - either due to accidents/traumas suffered, or due to genetics - are even more rigged)
Well said! Thank you can't fight biology

Reactions: andreamysk
CHOSEVIOLENCE

CHOSEVIOLENCE

Jul 24, 2024
People are always saying how life is full of ups and downs . What are ups ? I don't feel I've experienced them I think I came out of the womb depressed to me life has always been just being in straight survival mode
I'm similar. I don't feel happy, but I don't feel unhappy either. It's something I've dealt with for most of my life and my ex-therapist thought I may have schizoid personality disorder.