• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I was checking out a video today. About a person who wants to cut off their enabling mom for not protecting them when their father abused them for years

Everyone in the comments in encouraging of the rage the woman feelings, and encouraging no contact

Me, my stupid ass self, cannot make that cut with my own father

When I know I should

I'm a failure

Despite all the therapy and shit I've done, its amounted to nothing

I'm a fucking failure

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby and Kit1
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
What's actually stopping you at the momen?

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Dear Water-Lily (I live your chosen name),

I found it heartbreaking reading what you had written. What I found heartbreaking was how you described yourself in the last 5 paragraphs. I don't really know your story, but I definitely believe/think that you are being harsh on yourself. It is difficult to break off contact with families - even when they have been abusive. I am pretty sure that a lot of us on this forum struggle with this - I actually left the family aged 14 and have been in contact after becoming an adult and feel stuck now with the situation ad the people who gave birth to me are now elderly and extremely vulnerable and I struggle to walk away.

Sometimes that closure only happens when one passes away and whilst this is not always ideal, it is okay to accept ourselves for who we are. Those who gave birth to us also gave us an identity - though through abuse, neglect etc (I am making a lot of assumptions here, but speaking from lived experience), they might lost that right to be identified as a parent - however the child within us might be struggling to break away as breaking away might mean the loss of identity or so we think.

I am sorry if I have misread or misunderstood what you have written and said the wrong things here. What I do know for certain is that you require love (first from yourself - self love, self care and self acceptance) - we owe it to ourselves (especially those of us who have been abused) to provide that self validity, to nurture ourselves and really parent ourselves. Please don't be harsh on yourself or put yourself through such agony. You deserve to be happy. Take care.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I've still not cut mine off completely. It's so hard to.

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I think for me I look at how other survivors, even those younger than me, made it out. They chose to get out

But I still choose to rely on them regardless