• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
So I have set up the Nitrogen cylinder with exit bag.Today I was trying to attempt but nothing happened to me .My nitrogen was running at 15 litres per minute and the gas was entering the exit bag.There is no leakage and I have set up the system perfectly.I put the exit bag and nothing happened.I waited for 5-7 minutes and I still didn't get unconscious.I had some difficulty breathing (probably due to Carbon dioxide build up inside) but overall I was able to breathe fine.I also tried another time by hyperventilating for 2 minutes first and then putting on the bag and still I didn't fall unconscious.
What could be the reason?
As far as my exit bag is concerned it seems fine.There doesn't seem any leakage from it .I tested it without Nitrogen and I couldn't breathe after 2 minutes and had to take it off.
Any help would be highly appreciated
@GasMonkey could you please help if you have any idea.

Last edited:
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Gasmonkey isn't here anymore but I can help. Firstly, what purity of nitrogen is this

• Informative
Reactions: CharizardEX, DeadHead, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
There shouldn't be carbon dioxide buildup in the bag. The Nitrogen entering the bag should be flushing it out. It does sound like oxygen was getting into the bag somehow. Either the Nitrogren isn't pure or the bag's the problem.

Reactions: DeadHead and Praestat_Mori
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I think the dealer told me the purity was 99.9 percent

Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
This can only happen if there is still some oxygen present. Leak in the bag? Bag too loose around the neck?
A pulse oximeter might be helpful to determine what happens with your body

• Informative
Reactions: DeadHead, outrider567, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I would suggest you send a picture of ur setup. An oxygen meter is useful here

Reactions: DeadHead and outrider567
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
This can only happen if there is still some oxygen present. Leak in the bag? Bag too loose around the neck?
This is the best path forward. An oximeter is relatively cheap (20-40$ for average model) and you can use it to check whether the oxygen saturation in the body is going down or not.

If there are doubts about the purity of the nitrogen, you can buy an oxygen gas meter to analyze it, but those are (much) more expensive compared to an oximeter.

Reactions: DeadHead
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I will definitely post a picture of my set up.Also I think I can borrow oximeter from someone.As far as oxygen gas meter is concerned I don't think I can afford that.I am completely broke.I barely had enough money for buying all this.
Thanks for the suggestion.I would look into it.
I would suggest you send a picture of ur setup. An oxygen meter is useful here
I would definitely post one in some time.Also I would highly appreciate any feedback on the set up.

P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
IMG 20230930 231202 01 IMG 20230930 231639 01
The bag looks a bit messy now but it was fine before.
@ipmanwc0

Reactions: DeadHead, outrider567 and Praestat_Mori
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I see you're using an argon regulator. If I remember correctly, a higher flow rate was needed in that case.

18-20 LPM instead of 15?

EDIT: I might be wrong, correct me if I am.

The forum's search function isn't working, but I was able to find this thread:

Some are saying the flow rate has to be set higher if using an argon regulator with nitrogen, and some are saying it should be set lower.

I'm none the wiser after reading that thread though.

Your setup looks OK in general. I can't see from the picture whether something is going wrong with the plastic bag or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead, Orbitc and outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I will definitely post a picture of my set up.Also I think I can borrow oximeter from someone.As far as oxygen gas meter is concerned I don't think I can afford that.I am completely broke.I barely had enough money for buying all this.

Thanks for the suggestion.I would look into it.

I would definitely post one in some time.Also I would highly appreciate any feedback on the set up.
Oximeter will tell you a lot--After just 5 breaths, my oximeter dropped from 98 to 46(delayed by 10 seconds), 99.0% purity Nitrogen, I have no doubt about my EEBD Hood, but an Exit Bag is more difficult to properly set up
So I have set up the Nitrogen cylinder with exit bag.Today I was trying to attempt but nothing happened to me .My nitrogen was running at 15 litres per minute and the gas was entering the exit bag.There is no leakage and I have set up the system perfectly.I put the exit bag and nothing happened.I waited for 5-7 minutes and I still didn't get unconscious.I had some difficulty breathing (probably due to Carbon dioxide build up inside) but overall I was able to breathe fine.I also tried another time by hyperventilating for 2 minutes first and then putting on the bag and still I didn't fall unconscious.
What could be the reason?
As far as my exit bag is concerned it seems fine.There doesn't seem any leakage from it .I tested it without Nitrogen and I couldn't breathe after 2 minutes and had to take it off.
Any help would be highly appreciated
@GasMonkey could you please help if you have any idea.
Tested it without Nitrogen? Sounds like a useless test--The one time I had an exit bag, I squeezed the bag closed with my fingers, turned on the Nitrogen, 15 LPM, and hyperventilated, then with Exit bag filled with Nitrogen, I quickly put it over my head, but I used my hand to hold the exit bag tightly around my neck for the test, took deep breaths, and took the bag off after i saw the Oximeter drop to 85, it then dropped all the way to 50

Last edited:
Reactions: x0nSS
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Oximeter will tell you a lot--After just 5 breaths, my oximeter dropped from 98 to 46(delayed by 10 seconds), 99.0% purity Nitrogen, I have no doubt about my EEBD Hood, but an Exit Bag is more difficult to properly set up

Tested it without Nitrogen? Sounds like a useless test--The one time I had an exit bag, I squeezed the bag closed with my fingers, turned on the Nitrogen, 15 LPM, and hyperventilated, then with Exit bag filled with Nitrogen, I quickly put it over my head, but I used my hand to hold the exit bag tightly around my neck for the test, took deep breaths, and took the bag off after i saw the Oximeter drop to 85, it then dropped all the way to 50
The only reason I tested it without Nitrogen was to check if air was entering in the bag or not.If I had been able to breathe properly in exit bag without Nitrogen then it would have meant that there is something wrong with bag.
I see you're using an argon regulator. If I remember correctly, a higher flow rate was needed in that case.

18-20 LPM instead of 15?

EDIT: I might be wrong, correct me if I am.

The forum's search function isn't working, but I was able to find this thread:

Some are saying the flow rate has to be set higher if using an argon regulator with nitrogen, and some are saying it should be set lower.

I'm none the wiser after reading that thread though.

Your setup looks OK in general. I can't see from the picture whether something is going wrong with the plastic bag or not.
I still don't think it should have made that much of a difference.I mean 5 minutes is a really long time .

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
7 Minutes without reaction? The nitrogen concentration was very low!!

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I don't see any obvious issues with this setup. Normally the hood enters from the bottom and is taped to the inside I think. Is the seal snug around your neck? Do you inflate it on your forehead before pulling it down?

I think @ClownWorld2023 is correct. The recommended rate is 15 lpm. Too little and it won't flush out the CO2 and may allow O2 to come in through the bottom. As O2 is only a small percentage of the air we breathe, it doesn't take much to delay or stop you ctb.

You should take the Argon regulator into account and adjust your calibrations appropriately.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
This was often discussed here. 12.46 lpm on an Argon regulator with a Nitrogen bottle is a flow of 15lpm Nitrogen.
The opininion here is you can 15 lpm use for both Gasses, because the difference is minimal.

• Informative
Reactions: DeadHead, painful existence and ClownWorld2023
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I don't see any obvious issues with this setup. Normally the hood enters from the bottom and is taped to the inside I think. Is the seal snug around your neck? Do you inflate it on your forehead before pulling it down?
I had taped the pipe inside but then I had to dismantle everything.The seal around bag looks fine to me.It does inflate (though not as much as I expected)

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Have you tested it with an oximeter yet?

P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Have you tested it with an oximeter yet?
So I did right now.My oxygen level (when nitrogen pipe is inserted in the bag ) doesn't drop below 70.I tried checking my oxygen level with exit bag on and without Nitrogen pipe inserted inside it and to my surprise it doesn't drop below 90(though I have extreme difficulty in breathing after a couple of minutes).This must mean that my exit bag is somehow letting Oxygen inside.I tried making a new exit bag but I am still getting the same results.Now I am thinking about re learning how to make an exit bag (I think my method must have some major flaw).After that I would test again.
Can anyone please tell me if I had the perfect exit bag (all sealed ) then how long would I be able to breathe inside it (without Nitrogen pipe inserted inside the bag) and how down would my Oxygen level go.
Also if someone has any links to where I can go and see how to make an exit bag.I have seen the video of making an exit bag by watching the video doing it with chi

Last edited:
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
I'd rather check if that so called "nitrogen" is not just an air in the first place. The easiest way of testing it would be checking if it supports burning. If you fill a glass with pure nitrogen and put a burning match or lighter into it, the flame should go out immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, AllCatsAreGrey, ClownWorld2023 and 3 others
NotToBe

NotToBe

Sep 28, 2023
Did you get your cylinder from someone reliable? It sounds like the most likely component would be the purity of the nitrogen. Looks like your cylinder doesn't have a label on it either, the crude writing makes it seem a bit sketchy to me

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead, ClownWorld2023, outrider567 and 1 other person
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Did you get your cylinder from someone reliable? It sounds like the most likely component would be the purity of the nitrogen. Looks like your cylinder doesn't have a label on it either, the crude writing makes it seem a bit sketchy to me
I kinda live in a third world country so everything is shit here.I am also not sure about purity myself.
I'd rather check if that so called "nitrogen" is not just an air in the first place. The easiest way of testing it would be checking if it supports burning. If you fill a glass with pure nitrogen and put a burning match or lighter into it, the flame should go out immediately.
How to fill a glass with nitrogen?.Should I place the pipe in glass and turn it on ? Wouldn't oxygen enter in the glass.Sorry I am a bit confused.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
So I did right now.My oxygen level (when nitrogen pipe is inserted in the bag ) doesn't drop below 70.I tried checking my oxygen level with exit bag on and without Nitrogen pipe inserted inside it and to my surprise it doesn't drop below 90(though I have extreme difficulty in breathing after a couple of minutes).This must mean that my exit bag is somehow letting Oxygen inside.I tried making a new exit bag but I am still getting the same results.Now I am thinking about re learning how to make an exit bag (I think my method must have some major flaw).After that I would test again.
Can anyone please tell me if I had the perfect exit bag (all sealed ) then how long would I be able to breathe inside it (without Nitrogen pipe inserted inside the bag) and how down would my Oxygen level go.
Also if someone has any links to where I can go and see how to make an exit bag.I have seen the video of making an exit bag by watching the video doing it with chi
Doesnt drop below 70! you have major problems, mine dropped to 46 after just 5 breaths(remember the delay)

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
How to fill a glass with nitrogen?.Should I place the pipe in glass and turn it on ?
Yes. If you release nitrogen at 15+ lpm, 20 seconds should be more than enough for removing a very large fraction of oxygen from the glass.
Wouldn't oxygen enter in the glass.Sorry I am a bit confused.
Some amount of oxygen will enter the glass due to diffusion, but it won't be even nearly sufficient for supporting burning if you make your test just a few seconds after stopping filling the glass with nitrogen.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023

Is the bag getting pressurized/inflated?
Or does it stay rather loose?

Can you try tightening it more, so it's tight instead of snug, and observe what happens?

Also, if possible, can you try putting it on an object of some kind and then taking a photo of it?
Something similar to the size of a human head, like a flower pot.

I myself put it on a dummy head for testing and took photos of it.
See https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/post-2160095

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
How can you have a sealed leak proof bag over your head, no air getting in, and running gas into it for 7 minutes, without it popping due to over inflating? Is it sealed tight about your neck?

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
Such a pity some people had failures with the R2D Rebreather lll. Other than the costs (for product, shipping & handling and N gas) it offered a simple solution for us non-mechanical, non DIY types. Hopefully they'll figure out the cause of the failures and fix them in a revised model.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Is the bag getting pressurized/inflated?
Or does it stay rather loose?

Can you try tightening it more, so it's tight instead of snug, and observe what happens?

Also, if possible, can you try putting it on an object of some kind and then taking a photo of it?
Something similar to the size of a human head, like a flower pot.

I myself put it on a dummy head for testing and took photos of it.
See https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/post-2160095
It doesn't inflate that much.I tried tightening it (and even tried a new bag ) but same thing happens again.
Also my cylinder was 1 cubic meter so I was expecting it to last for at least one hour at 15 litres per minute but it has emptied after only 20 minutes.I don't have gas in it now.I really am frustrated and tired.I don't know why this is happening.This was my perfect set up (I am afraid of all other methods) and I had saved for a long time to buy all this equipment and now even it doesn't work.You cannot live in peace and you cannot die in peace.The existence is cursed.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownWorld2023