• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

Light Dreamer

Light Dreamer

Also a dedicated rain enjoyer
Dec 4, 2023
I've always had this irrational idea that if I could find a person with similar issues to mine (mostly mental health state) that I could form a meaningful connection with them, one where both us could help each other improve, overcome our shortcomings and push each other forward. I feel like people can understand people in pain and despair much better if they themselves have felt this way. I've always had trouble accepting any sort of help, mostly because I have a deeply rooted belief that I do not deserve it and that it isn't my right to inconvinience people but if I could help someone recover then I think I could accept their help in turn without feeling terrible about myself. I don't want to ruin someones day with talk of how I actually have suicidal thoughts on a daily basis and that I feel like life is a cruel joke but if that someone were to feel the same way I'd find opening up much easier. If they are already sad, I can either make them happy or idk, maybe we could be sad together?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ryba, Grimpoteuthis and 3 others
Reticent Being

Reticent Being

Aug 4, 2024
Hi, i relate to your post. I had the same thoughts for the past ten+ years. 💜 i think that is a perfect idea of what all relationships should be: supporting and helping each other improve. It's hard accepting help for me too.

Some individuals will claim that this idea sets me up for bad relationships. That it makes me too nice to those that only want to take advantage of me. The people i connected with... Some of them had anger issues and copied what their abusive parents taught them about relationships. Some of them were scared of criticism because they felt like it made them look "bad." Some of them were self-centered and felt like they knew everything. Some of them were social climbers. 😕 Some seemed open minded, then were closed.

Looking back, i found myself attracted to quiet loners. Then, the people whom i think are loners like me are actually just someone waiting for their real friends to show up... 😭 i liked people from broken homes who liked depressing music because i could relate to them. I didnt judge them if they were incarcerated before or not. I made some good connections, but it didnt work out overall. Im glad i met them instead of wondering "what if," but i can say confidently that they didnt want me. It could have been my looks, my finances, my job, my social status, their mindset at the time, things outside of my control... im positive now that it's hard interacting with other humans and keeping them entertained. All my dreams of being in a supportive, healthy-ish relationship no longer exists.

i still think that your idea is something beautiful. To be there for someone and letting them be there for you in return.. Someone who didnt care about faking being happy and didnt say "you complain about everything." someone to build with and make improvements with no idea that mistakes are bad 🥰. To conclude, I'm not sure if it is unrealistic 😅. I only know that for my life, yes it is. That could be because i'm undesirable 🦝.

• Love
Reactions: ryba, Grimpoteuthis, N33dT0D13 and 1 other person