• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hey, I know most people are doing a careful plan to ctb or wait for the right time or place.

But if we suppose someone did an attempt without planning, is there any success rate? Sometimes things go out of control specially if everything around is pressuring and hurting you.

I think many of you know the "I don't give a fuck and I'll just do anything" phase. I think even the most calm persons have their limits if they get pressured too much and will be in this phase.

Reactions: anna
BellaKAT

BellaKAT

Student
May 20, 2018
I think it just depends on the method they use

H

Hikingcat

Mar 19, 2018
I'd agree that it depends on the method. Like if you fall from high enough, you're probably going to die (although I definitely wouldn't want to go that way). If you take all of the pills in the cabinet, chances are you're going to live and possibly have organ damage. Many people (although probably not as many on here) do kill themselves without having planned it out carefully beforehand.

C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
I worry that the success rate is low basing on both statistics and personal experience.

Statistics (http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics) show that the chance of success of all suicide is 1 in 25. If we assume unplanned suicide has lower success rate than planned suicide, the success rate might be even lower than 1 in 25.

As for personal experience, it's really embarrassing. I attempted quite a few times before I learned that I should do more research. And I'm sure you can guess that none of my unplanned attempts were successful.

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Hey, I know most people are doing a careful plan to ctb or wait for the right time or place.

But if we suppose someone did an attempt without planning, is there any success rate? Sometimes things go out of control specially if everything around is pressuring and hurting you.

I think many of you know the "I don't give a fuck and I'll just do anything" phase. I think even the most calm persons have their limits if they get pressured too much and will be in this phase.

I'm in that phase almost every day. And I need a lot of self-control to not be impulsive.
I really do not know where I continue to draw strength to stop me.
I guess the fear of failure.
I was impulsive once and it did not go well. And I think I have enough information (or almost ...) to know that it is safe and that it is not.
Last night I had one of the worst days and I could only think about taking a big knife and using it. Or look at the window and wish to jump.
But I know it would only prolong my suffering. And the goal is to stop forever.
Suicide is not easy for several reasons. Especially for not having a safe method.
It is a torture to want-to need to do it and not to be able to do so because you do not have the security of a reliable and peaceful method.
Doing it impulsively has more chances of failure. Except exceptions.