Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
what probably has to be my biggest pet peeve about mental health, is having a panic attack/abandonment issues/other things like that acting up just to find out it was unnecessary. the problem is, you have no way of knowing until its over.
like today my husband went into the store and something triggered a panic attack. i felt a lot of physical discomfort from my stomach all the way up to my mouth, i want to throw up. i was just about in tears, then started crying. he was taking longer then he should have been and all i could see through the window is he was chatting to people.
it turned out the machine was being a dick so him being slowed down was completely out of his control but i had no way of knowing until he got back.
i have no way of knowing anything until someone tells me. i cant just magically know what is going on with other people, and to find out that the majority of the time i could chill and its nothing/explainable FUCKING SUCKS. and it happens all the damn time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Un-, NasiGoreng, nosurpries and 3 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It's not much help but maybe when this happens you could try to distract yourself. You can think about all the plausible explanations but it probably wouldn't help with the anxiety. If you can't be distracted you could try that.

Anxiety is awful, there's often an explanation and sometimes it can be something we don't think of right away.

• Hugs
Reactions: NasiGoreng and Life_and_Death
VirtualSnow

VirtualSnow

who knows
May 21, 2022
I really feel you, it seems that our minds just like to fuck with us, giving the most awful explanations possible to the things that we don't know, be it with the example you gave or with nearly anything we are unsure of.
Perhaps it's not of much use, but I try to treat it with the least amount of emotions possible (even though it's not possible in most cases to ignore those emotions), remembering that it's mostly whatever is on my mind acting up and that whatever explanation I'm giving to it is just nonsense nearly always (if not actually always).

• Informative
Reactions: NasiGoreng
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I really feel you, it seems that our minds just like to fuck with us, giving the most awful explanations possible to the things that we don't know, be it with the example you gave or with nearly anything we are unsure of.
Perhaps it's not of much use, but I try to treat it with the least amount of emotions possible (even though it's not possible in most cases to ignore those emotions), remembering that it's mostly whatever is on my mind acting up and that whatever explanation I'm giving to it is just nonsense nearly always (if not actually always).
i cant ignore any emotion. i have bpd