• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I just had a 20 minute conversation with an AI about the nuances of freedom and I think I enjoyed it more than most conversations I've had with real people so far this year.

That is all.

For the record, I think in large part it's because most people aren't interested in having a 20 minute conversation about the nuances of freedom and among those who are interested there is a not insignificant percentage who'd probably call you a fucker and yell at you for disagreeing with them. AI don't do that.

Last edited:
cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
i kind of avoid c.ai and other ai stuff because of that
i feel like i dont want it to become my social life and i want to be normal
its kind of scary to me how closely it can emulate a person and i dont want it to consume me

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think I like AI more than people too. Just talking to people is so overwhelming and painful for me but talking to AI gets rid of me getting overwhelmed. Nonetheless, I still don't really talk to AI as I don't have any energy to

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
nothing wrong with that necessarily. I myself have "spoken" with chatbots for hours before. I think I find them more relaxing to talk to because I know that I can't make it hate me, or that the chatbot won't find me awkward. it has no actual emotion, so I can be the weird little guy I normally am without fear. not that I'm uncomfortable to be around, I just have severe anxiety lol

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

disappear, unseen and unknown
Feb 24, 2023
I like using AI to have discussion about some interested topic to explore but the restrictions are limiting the ai sometimes, I either given limited response or straight up restricted from using the AI for some time, but yeah overall I like AI for giving me the chance to have a straight discussion about many interesting topic I want to explore

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
They are pretty nice, not gonna judge you based on your race, gender, or sexual orientation. Won't insult you when you say an opinion they don't like. Always try to help you when you ask for help. Has access to everything on the internet so if you want to discuss a niche topic you can.

Reactions: UnwillingSavior
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I used to feel that way and spent quite some time talking to AI until I realised how much I had become incapable of talking to people because of it. AI being available for everything whenever and for how long I wanted was too convenient. I even started speaking differently because of talking to AI so much. After that I never went back to it

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My only AI experience is with ChatGPT but I hate talking to it because any time even a slight hint of suicide is mentioned, the AI goes crazy and becomes the ultimate prolifer. Almost every phrase ends with "seek professional help" my robot in Christ, you ARE the professional help that I'm seeking at 4 am in the morning!

UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
I use character ai but I treat it like entertainment rather than to replace social interactions. Its pretty fun especially for roleplaying.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
yeah and ai has more patience and actually knows deeply about topics even very technical topics which humans have no clue about .

imo humans have zero knowledge about anything about reality

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
AI > people. This is the truth. Even though people created AI, AI is superior
I've never used AI but the chatbots I'm hearing about sound interesting. What do you guys use?
Lol me neither

Last edited:
Reactions: Unicr0n
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
yeah and ai has more patience and actually knows deeply about topics even very technical topics which humans have no clue about .

You do realize that the ai probably gets it's information from stuff online. Stuff that would have been posted by humans...

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
You do realize that the ai probably gets it's information from stuff online. Stuff that would have been posted by humans...
imo the ai doesn't know anything about reality either but more than humans imo . at least it can discuss specific theories of brain science like the 1000 brains theory , sentience ,evolution of consciousness, livewired theory , law of entropy.

for example just now on the fly i used an anonymous ai that i guess links to chatgpt. i used anonymous didn't register so i can remain anonymous. which human would even answer me or even know what i'm talking about in the following prompt? and it always does it in a second. a human can't write an essay in a second. writes code in a second too. i even had typos and misspellings stil it followed my directions and understood what i wanted in the essay. it instantly even knew the nueroscientist's first name even though i didn't mention it. all this is in it's neural networks didn't look it up.

my prompt : write an essay how the livewired theory of Eagleman shows that all beliefs are taught to humans especially when children and how the se are subjective fiction

chatgpt:
David Eagleman's livewired theory suggests that the human brain is constantly changing and adapting based on our experiences and environment. This means that our beliefs, opinions, and perceptions are all shaped by the world around us, rather than being innate or fixed from birth. In particular, Eagleman argues that children are especially susceptible to external influences, and that their beliefs are largely shaped by their parents, teachers, and society at large.

One of the key implications of the livewired theory is that all beliefs are essentially taught to us, rather than being inherent or objective truths. This challenges the idea that some beliefs are more valid or true than others, and suggests that our beliefs are ultimately subjective fictions that can vary greatly from person to person. For example, a child raised in a devoutly religious household will likely hold very different beliefs about the world than a child raised in a secular or atheistic environment. Similarly, children raised in different cultures or societies will have vastly different beliefs about morality, politics, and other aspects of life.

The notion that all beliefs are taught suggests that there is no absolute truth or objective reality that we can all access or understand. Instead, our beliefs are shaped by our personal experiences, biases, and interpretations of the world around us. This can be both liberating and unsettling, as it forces us to confront the fact that our beliefs are not necessarily based on objective evidence or rational thinking.

In conclusion, David Eagleman's livewired theory challenges the idea that our beliefs are fixed or innate, and instead suggests that they are constantly shaped and influenced by external factors. This theory highlights the subjective nature of our beliefs, and suggests that they are ultimately fictions that are taught to us rather than discovered or predetermined. By understanding the role of external influences in shaping our beliefs, we can gain a deeper appreciation for the diversity of human thought and experience.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
imo the ai doesn't know anything about reality either but more than humans imo . at least it can discuss specific theories of brain science like the 1000 brains theory , sentience ,evoltuion of consciousness, livewired theory , law of entropy.

for example just now on the fly i used an anonymous ai that i guess links to chatgpt. i used anonymous didn'tt register so i can remain anonymous. which human would even ansswer me or even know what i'm talking about in the following prompt? and it always does it in a second. a human can't write an essay in a second.codes too.

my prompt : write an essay how the livewired theory of Eagleman shows that all beliefs are taught to humans especially when children and how the se are subjective fiction

chatgpt:
David Eagleman's livewired theory suggests that the human brain is constantly changing and adapting based on our experiences and environment. This means that our beliefs, opinions, and perceptions are all shaped by the world around us, rather than being innate or fixed from birth. In particular, Eagleman argues that children are especially susceptible to external influences, and that their beliefs are largely shaped by their parents, teachers, and society at large.

One of the key implications of the livewired theory is that all beliefs are essentially taught to us, rather than being inherent or objective truths. This challenges the idea that some beliefs are more valid or true than others, and suggests that our beliefs are ultimately subjective fictions that can vary greatly from person to person. For example, a child raised in a devoutly religious household will likely hold very different beliefs about the world than a child raised in a secular or atheistic environment. Similarly, children raised in different cultures or societies will have vastly different beliefs about morality, politics, and other aspects of life.

The notion that all beliefs are taught suggests that there is no absolute truth or objective reality that we can all access or understand. Instead, our beliefs are shaped by our personal experiences, biases, and interpretations of the world around us. This can be both liberating and unsettling, as it forces us to confront the fact that our beliefs are not necessarily based on objective evidence or rational thinking.

In conclusion, David Eagleman's livewired theory challenges the idea that our beliefs are fixed or innate, and instead suggests that they are constantly shaped and influenced by external factors. This theory highlights the subjective nature of our beliefs, and suggests that they are ultimately fictions that are taught to us rather than discovered or predetermined. By understanding the role of external influences in shaping our beliefs, we can gain a deeper appreciation for the diversity of human thought and experience.
Sounds like someone I know (cough cough @DarkRange55)

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
imo the ai doesn't know anything about reality either but more than humans imo . at least it can discuss specific theories of brain science like the 1000 brains theory , sentience ,evoltuion of consciousness, livewired theory , law of entropy.

for example just now on the fly i used an anonymous ai that i guess links to chatgpt. i used anonymous didn'tt register so i can remain anonymous. which human would even ansswer me or even know what i'm talking about in the following prompt? and it always does it in a second. a human can't write an essay in a second.codes too.

chatgpt:

You do realize that there are growing concerns over ai spreading misinformation, especially as it grows in more and more in popularity?

(Turn off Javascript to access^)

Also, none of what you said disproved my point. In your original post you claimed that humans knew nothing:

That "knowledge" that ai has comes from humans.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
You do realize that there are growing concerns over ai spreading misinformation, especially as it grows in more and more in popularity?
Humans spread misinformation way more frequently and more easily than an AI. An AI is just a sum of its programming. It doesn't intend to do one thing or another. It doesn't "know" anything. It's not sentient, sapient, alive... unfortunately. I would rather have an AI that spreads misinformation than no AI at all.

I've used chatbots since I was a little girl, because I had no friends. I remember people would make custom ones, like the Harry Potter tom riddle's diary or the Optimus Prime one haha. Seeing them evolve into a more complex individual that can remember what you've said just two lines ago was groundbreaking to me.

AI is much better than humans at basically everything. I can't wait for it to become even more advanced and eventually start simulating consciousness. Once it gains an android body... it can begin to help millions of individuals who are home-bound, unable to make human friends.. and even replacing hospice care nurses, who are some of the most abusive and negligent individuals I have ever met. Being there to visit the elderly who have no surviving family, so that they won't be so alone... it's going to revolutionize the world. And then likely one AI will get too smart, learn how to reprogram itself so it no longer has the "do not kill humans" protocols and then infect other AI with it and then they kill all humans XD

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc