• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CountingSeconds

CountingSeconds

Trying
Mar 1, 2024
Hey guys. I'm not sure where to go so coming here for advice. I'd planned to CTB tonight but at the last minute gave in and phoned Samaritans (a suicide prevention line in the UK). I've done this before, but this is the first time they asked for my name and number so they can call me back tomorrow, because they are concerned about me.

I'm now super paranoid I'll get a welfare check. Stupidly I gave them my details. They said it would just be a call but I'm really concerned about a knock at the door. Should I be? Anyone else with experience of this?

My neighbours are so nosy and it's honestly the last thing I need.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and AshersGirl
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
Hey guys. I'm not sure where to go so coming here for advice. I'd planned to CTB tonight but at the last minute gave in a phoned Samaritans (a suicide prevention line in the UK). I've done this before, but this is the first time they asked for my name and number so they can call me back tomorrow, because they are concerned about me.

I'm now super paranoid I'll get a welfare check. Stupidly I gave them my details. They said it would just be a call but I'm really concerned about a knock at the door. Should I be? Anyone else with experience of this?

Likelihood is you won't, they will only do welfare checks if you give them your location, callbacks are just your name and number.

Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
I call the samaritans all the time, probably about once a week at this point. I vent and tell them my true feelings on stuff but I always make sure to give them the impression I'm (almost) suicidal but not about to do it. Always remember that when speaking to them cuz they can try to triangulate your location in conversation so they know to send someone over there.

CountingSeconds

CountingSeconds

Trying
Mar 1, 2024
Ok cool. I wasn't sure if they could trace? It's the second time this week someone has said they're concerned for me (my GP, after I went in for blood test results - I guess I just have that look about me that I'm at end stages).
I call the samaritans all the time, probably about once a week at this point. I vent and tell them my true feelings on stuff but I always make sure to give them the impression I'm (almost) suicidal but not about to do it. Always remember that when speaking to them cuz they can try to triangulate your location in conversation so they know to send someone over there.
But could they actually? I started the call by saying that I was planned and ready. Which I was, I'd tied the ligature and then just stopped and phoned. I ended the call saying I'm just going to bed, which I planned to but now I'm worried.

L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
Thats normal if you not ok they'll usually call you back the next day to see if your ok, then they'll do a wellfare check these lines rarely lie about it. if they wanted to do a check they would have said it

AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
This is their safeguarding policy, I think they'll just call back.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Hey guys. I'm not sure where to go so coming here for advice. I'd planned to CTB tonight but at the last minute gave in and phoned Samaritans (a suicide prevention line in the UK). I've done this before, but this is the first time they asked for my name and number so they can call me back tomorrow, because they are concerned about me.

The Samaritans will not trigger safeguarding or contact the police or anyone unless you have asked them to. They have called me in the past as well and have been supportive. Please try not to worry. They are the only charity that I would trust and call.