• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hi all - this is the main thing on my mind at the moment, as I would rather no-one has to identify my body after I CTB, but is it a legal requirement?

I wish I could just strap my passport to myself and an ID bracelet and anything else, so no-one has to go through seeing me dead.

Is there anyone that has info on this? Or thoughts?

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
They would ask for a relative to identify the body in the morgue.

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Forget about it.
After we´re dead, we are nothing more than a bag of dead fluids and stinky, rotten meat.
They will contact your immediate family in order to inform them of your demise and will ask for identification.
Not to mention that they will perform autopsy´s and all sorts of disgusting stuff with our bodies, even if you leave a note explaining everything you done.
Our bodies belong to them after we´re gone.
It´s harsh to accept but it´s the truth.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Sorry there is no way out if you disapear to CTB your relatives will report you missing if your found the Police will visit them and give a description and then they will be asked to identify the body to see if it's the person they are searching for, then an autopsy to find out the cause of death, natural causes, suicide or murder.

Cheers

Geo

T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020
Forget about it.
After we´re dead, we are nothing more than a bag of dead fluids and stinky, rotten meat.
They will contact your immediate family in order to inform them of your demise and will ask for identification.
Not to mention that they will perform autopsy´s and all sorts of disgusting stuff with our bodies, even if you leave a note explaining everything you done.
Our bodies belong to them after we´re gone.
It´s harsh to accept but it´s the truth.
Would they really do an autopsy with suicide? Like I mean if u shoot urself in the head let's say would they still do since it's pretty obvious what happened?

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
My understanding is that a member of the family will only be asked to identify your body if the coroner orders a post-mortem investigation; which sadly, is a risk given the circumstances.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Am I better off just dying where my body won't be found? And leaving a clear note? I could CTB abroad even. If it was drugs plus jumping somewhere no one could find my body... any ideas?

I don't want to put the nicer members of my family through this bit. They know I want to go, so I guess I'll discuss it with them.

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Would they really do an autopsy with suicide? Like I mean if u shoot urself in the head let's say would they still do since it's pretty obvious what happened?
Where i live, i´m very sure they will do it regardless of your method.
Possibly to exclude foul plays and such.
There is a coroner´s report on the internet about a man from my country who killed himself with SN inside his car, and it was clear that it was a suicide, and, still, they went on to perform autopsy.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
My understanding is that a member of the family will only be asked to identify your body if the coroner orders a post-mortem investigation; which sadly, is a risk given the circumstances.

Funerals are expensive, you don't take the risk of paying for some one else to be buried or cremated at your expense, my Aunt went missing and committed suicide and it's a natural procedure the next of kin has that grim task of visiting the morgue and identifying the body.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Giraffey
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Funerals are expensive, you don't take the risk of paying for some one else to be buried or cremated at your expense, my Aunt went missing and committed suicide and it's a natural procedure the next of kin has that grim task of visiting the morgue and identifying the body.

Cheers

Geo

Of course, I was speaking legalistically. There are occasions where a formal identification is unnecessary, such as when a loved one passes away at home of natural causes, or whilst in hospital or a care home.

But as you illustrate, if somebody went missing then passport or otherwise, a next of kin would have the grim task of confirming that it was indeed their loved one who was to be laid to rest.

I don't know the ins and outs unfortunately, I suspect you may be more illuminated on that than I am, but that's my understanding - it's another element to consider and factor into any plan, part of the reason the aesthetics of my suicide, if that moment ever came, would be so important to me.

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
My friend hung himself. Pretty obvious that killed him yet had a post mortem . One of the things they check is if you have been drinking. Everyone thought he must of done to do such a thing but he was sober. I think it's because it's listed as a suicide or misadventure if you are under the influence