P

PierreWolf

Jun 18, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question and would love some help with it!

I live in the UK and I'm in the process of setting up my Nitrogen Exit bag method. I've got pretty much everything by the Flowmeter regulator.

Here are the ones I've found so far but I'm wondering if they are the rights ones for this method:

Would any of these ones work with a Nitrogen gas bottle UK fitting BS 341 No. 3?

If not, does any of you know where to found a flowmeter regulator that would fit BS 341 No. 3 ?

Does it matters if it's a single stage regulator or do you need a two stage one?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Reactions: motoko_s9 and Blockz
Blockz

Blockz

UK 🇬🇧 1999
Jun 13, 2024
Hello everyone,

I live in the UK and I'm in the process of setting up my Nitrogen Exit bag method. I've got pretty much everything by the Flowmeter regulator.

Here are the ones I've found so far but I'm wondering if they are the rights ones for this method:

Would any of these ones work with a Nitrogen gas bottle UK fitting BS 341 No. 3?

If not, does any of you know where to found a flowmeter regulator that would fit BS 341 No. 3 ?

Does it matters if it's a single stage regulator or do you need a two stage one?

Thank you very much
hey could we partner up please i am also based in the uk and looking to ctb via nitrogen exit bag method, im unable to pm you as you need to post a few more times on threads and other forums, please do this so i can pm you and speak with you

Reactions: timetogonow2024, fussyohno and motoko_s9
D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
This is my preferred method too

Reactions: fussyohno
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Student
Feb 29, 2024
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much
I'm not in the UK.. but no 1 & 3 are regulators and they are BS 341 No 3 connections. They would connect to any Inert gas cylinder.

The no 2 link is for a flow meter that would come after the regulator....it would be in-between the regulator and the final delivery.
It would give data on the flow in this case Liters per minute. This particular one appears to be calibrated for Argon. But it can be used for other inert gases...but one would just need to adjust with a compensation factor (i.e. if using nitrogen instead of argon, it might need to be a higher flow shown on the meter, bc gases behave differently from each other based on density etc. There are factors posted online, I can't recall what it is when going from argon to nitrogen)

Both singe and two stage regulators will work. But I'd say a two stage would give better adjustment and more constant delivery.
There are better explanations of the these types than I can give.

The regulators that the PPH 2023 shows (page 134) is a 'Click Style Regulator'. There are used for home brewing etc.
Im not aware if these are singe or double stage type.
One may be able to attain these at a brewing supply.

Reactions: motoko_s9
M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
What might be the recommended flow rate, I wonder?

devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Student
Feb 29, 2024
For Nitrogen, I think the official book mentioned at least 15 Liters per minute (L/m)
Some here have suggested that around 20-30 L/m is good for a variety of reasons (i.e. breathability, etc)

Most of the flow meters are not set up for Nitrogen though. Usually they are set up for Argon, CO2
Since Nitrogen weighs differently from those, a correction factor must be used if Nitrogen is used in one of those.

For instance from the chart below, if a flow meter or gauge is calibrated for Argon, then the correction factor for Nitrogen is 1.19.
To get 20 to 30 L/m for Nitrogen, the gauge would need to read a different number... 17 to 25 l/m
20 to 30 l/m nitrogen = 1.19 x 17 to 25 l/m argon

Reactions: fussyohno and motoko_s9
M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
Thanks! A very useful resource.

Thanks also to the thread originator. This is useful stuff.

Last edited:
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Student
Feb 29, 2024
Glad to help. Engaging in dialogue is sort of therapy for me in a way.
It helps me confirm to myself what I need to do in my circumstance.
Ask any questions...any information is useful.

A

apple2024

Jun 23, 2024
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much
Have you found anywhere that will sell you 99% nitrogen yet? I'm struggling tbh.

Reactions: Blockz
A

apple2024

Jun 23, 2024
the only reason o% nitrogen from Adams is in 75 litre bottles which weigh 76kg. Not sure I could manage to move that myself.
The smaller oxygen free ones are usually 10-20% CO2 which I've read will make you feel like you're suffocating.

A

apple2024

Jun 23, 2024
Yeah I spoke to the local Adam supplier. That is the oxygen free nitrogen which has high proportion of CO2. The 99% nitrogen bottle from Adams starts at 75l

Reactions: Blockz
Blockz

Blockz

UK 🇬🇧 1999
Jun 13, 2024
Yeah I spoke to the local Adam supplier. That is the oxygen free nitrogen which has high proportion of CO2. The 99% nitrogen bottle from Adams starts at 75l
Can you send me a link in pm to the 75l because I can't seem to find it on the eBay site for Adam gas uk