rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I know lots of people on here worry about what will happen to their dear pets.

In the UK there are several charities that will rehome your pet in the event of your death. You just have to register the pet in advance.

I know the following charities offer this service:

RSPCA
Blue Cross
The Cinnamon Trust
Cats Protection
Dogs Trust

There may well be others. The Cinnamon Trust seems particularly good to me as they place animals directly in a home without having to wait in a shelter.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, mrscat, ChronicallyCynical and 3 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Wow I am really impressed! I havent ctb because of my cat (she is 14 and has liver cancer). I want to take care of her until it's time for her to go. I've had my little girl for 14 years and the love I feel for this little four legged creature is unbelievable. Here in the US, they take the pet away and euthanize them (and it's not pretty).

• Hugs
Reactions: mrscat, Joarga and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Wow I am really impressed! I havent ctb because of my cat (she is 14 and has liver cancer). I want to take care of her until it's time for her to go. I've had my little girl for 14 years and the love I feel for this little four legged creature is unbelievable. Here in the US, they take the pet away and euthanize them (and it's not pretty).
I totally understand how much you love your cat. The love and trust animals give us is innocent and unconditional.

Euthanising the pet is brutal. This forum has made me aware of how harsh life can be in the US. I'm grateful for all the charities we have in the UK. I'm glad you and your little girl have got each other.

• Love
Reactions: honkpilleddoomer and Myforevercharlie