E

Existingnotliving

Feb 13, 2020
Just wanted to know if they're shit across the country or just in my town?

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
In my experience crap. Most of them literally looked like they wanted to run straight out the house, didn't want to talk to me. If i did talk they looked bored like I was wasting their time. I would literally tell them I had a plan to ctb, they would either look unbothered or come up with a comment like well "don't do that" or "keep yourself safe" or "call us if you do" . I just ended up pushing it all down and pretending im fine. I had one complain that I had dogs. Another noticed a tiny energy drink can in my house and got quite irrate about it. Everyday I had someone different. I'm not being ungrateful, I really appreciate the nhs, I know we are privileged to have them. I appreciate they are under funded and over worked. But it just seemed like some of them were in the wrong profession. They are dealing with vulnerable people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Existingnotliving
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Mine were generally very good and tried really hard. They were out pretty quick if they thought I was at risk and gave me time. But it didn't matter what I said, the end result was always: go to the shrink and take medication. They mostly are a gateway to a one trick pony. The local mental health team were similar, but they did give me a case worker who I convinced to take me shopping! partly that was down to anxiety over my illness not being treated, but it was also to get a free lift to carry back the shopping. :blarg: However, they promised a lot and did abandon me when I was at my most vulnerable.