Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
UK Assisted Dying Bill - Dozens of Labour Mp's pushing for " incurabley suffering " to be included. A free vote could be held in parliament before christmas, following the selection of the private members bill that could lead to the change in law, making assistance in dying legal in the United Kindom. If passed, terminally ill people may have the right to choose to shorten their lives. It is now emerging that many Labour Mps are pushing to extend the eligibility beyond " terminal illness". In my oppinion, " incurably suffering " is subjective and could include people like me who following the c19 vax, I believe I was injured and my quality of life is often intolerable.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, wren-briar, Murakami'sCat and 7 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Being in the UK myself, we can only hope.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, wren-briar, lament. and 4 others
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I don't think it will include suicidal people.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and SVEN
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The current system is failing people who need the right to choose a dignified end now. Many are enduring intolerable suffering, yet they're denied the autonomy to make this decision because of outdated laws. Expanding the bill to include "incurable suffering" would finally give people the compassion and respect they deserve. It's time for Parliament to act—no one should be forced to live in pain without hope.

Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and lament.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me personally the absence of the option of euthanasia to prevent all future suffering is horrific especially as there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist, I wish painless death is legalised, it'd bring me so much peace and relief.

• Love
Reactions: Rational man, TheDruBo and wren-briar
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
A similar law is probably going to be discussed in France as well.

Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and Bear1234
Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
I hope it happens!!!! Even if it will only be for people with terminal conditions and six months to live, at least its a step in the right direction...

Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and ForgottenAgain
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
following. please update us!

Reactions: Rational man
T

ThisIsMe1357

Student
May 20, 2024
This is very good news. One major point is that the Labour Party has around 400 members in the House of Commons, doesn't it? So even if 50 of them together with everybody else oppose the bill, which I find improbable, it will still pass. That makes it highly likely to be successful.

But another good thing about this is that these things are hardly ever reversed by future governments once they pass and once society gets used to the changes. By the way, I once read that an overwhelming majority of British society agreed with the proposal, and that means that what will likely happen in the next decade will be even more and more additions of other groups of people to be allowed to undergo the process and for the assisted dying to include less and less restrictions as time goes on.

• Informative
Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and Bear1234
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Fingers crossed it will happen. It still won't 'benefit' a huge amount of people I suspect but, at least it would be a start. Plus, we'd all likely feel more rest assured that- if we were unfortunate enough to make it to old age and debilitating illness set in, at least we wouldn't still be trapped here.

I suspect I'll still have to go the DIY route. I don't think I'm willing to wait that long- even if it comes in. Besides, I'm damned if a bunch of doctors will get to decide my fate. That's for me to decide. Just unfortunate that that will mean winging it when it comes to actually doing it.

I wonder if they'll charge for it and, how much. Whether it will be under the NHS or, private companies. I wonder how that works in other countries. Whether they all have to comply to a pricing structure. Imagine if they ran sales! Sorry- my gallows humour.

Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar, ForgottenAgain and 1 other person
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
Thankyou very much for sharing this on here, would have probably never found out about this possibility otherwise. As someone with an incurable disorder that causes me alot of pain I hope the bill is pushed and I meet the criteria. That's a very ambigous way they are wording it though, so I am very curious to see how this criteria would actually be decided if it's pushed.

Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and Praying 4 a Miracle
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is indeed good progress and I have no objections if I was "peacefully" allowed to die and without interference from pesky pro-lifers or similar people and such. Unfortunately, living in the US that is unlikely to happen for most of the USA (barring a few states) and I would sooner end up CTB'ing in a brutal way (firearms or something).

Reactions: Rational man and wren-briar
P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
This is definitely progress. I'm in Canada, and we have a very similar situation here. I really do believe that if people are brave enough to speak up about wanting to expand MAID, things will progress and expand much, much quicker. There is no danger in speaking up about MAID, as it is completely legal, and therefore safe to talk about!

There is everything to gain, and nothing to lose by doing this! Especially since this is obviously the way the world's headed, and it just needs to happen much, much faster. If the world drags it's heals on this, it'll just cause millions more to suffer needlessly. ALL adults should have the legal right to make this very important decision for themselves.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man and wren-briar
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Yeah, bollocks. If they were going to do it, they wouldn't section people and forcibly medicate them etc for wanting to end their suffering when a magic pill won't take all the trauma out the brain, and they don't help. They just watch you. No treatment lmfao. Being spoken to like a 5 year old and humiliated and shouted at in front of all the other patients too. For being a person lmfao. My physical health has majorly declined since being in this prison. No one cares though

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man, wren-briar and ForgottenAgain
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Outstanding reply. 🙏. I sense a legal change in the air, that could be the catalyst for expansion of criteria.
The current system is failing people who need the right to choose a dignified end now. Many are enduring intolerable suffering, yet they're denied the autonomy to make this decision because of outdated laws. Expanding the bill to include "incurable suffering" would finally give people the compassion and respect they deserve. It's time for Parliament to act—no one should be forced to live in pain without hope.
Its
Thankyou very much for sharing this on here, would have probably never found out about this possibility otherwise. As someone with an incurable disorder that causes me alot of pain I hope the bill is pushed and I meet the criteria. That's a very ambigous way they are wording it though, so I am very curious to see how this criteria would actually be decided if it's pushed.
The bill is being talked about alot on national media now. and of course the vote will gain big headlines, whatever the outcome. I read about it on the national news and PM Starmer has been talking about it.
This is very good news. One major point is that the Labour Party has around 400 members in the House of Commons, doesn't it? So even if 50 of them together with everybody else oppose the bill, which I find improbable, it will still pass. That makes it highly likely to be successful.

But another good thing about this is that these things are hardly ever reversed by future governments once they pass and once society gets used to the changes. By the way, I once read that an overwhelming majority of British society agreed with the proposal, and that means that what will likely happen in the next decade will be even more and more additions of other groups of people to be allowed to undergo the process and for the assisted dying to include less and less restrictions as time goes on.
Im hearing of one MP who will vote according to his constitutions preferences. If this is replicated, it will pass. A recent poll indicated that a large % of British support that change in law.

Im hearing of one MP who will vote according to his constitutions preferences. If this is replicated, it will pass. A recent poll indicated that a large % of British support that change in law.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkover