• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Reactions: appalachian moon, goxua, Deleted member 4993 and 13 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is quite an interesting read and I'd say I'd fall under the anomic and perhaps some fatalistic kind of suicide. I'd say anomic and a bit of fatalistic due to the fact that I had continual problems from the past and even affects me in present day. Sometimes there is no solution at all (not just referring to my shit social life, poor financial situation, the hate of constant grind and wageslavery, Aspergers, but more.). The fatalistic part comes from the fact that growing up I often had little or no sense of individuality or say in whatever happened to me. I lacked control over what I wanted, was often dominated by my peers, my family, and suicide is my last great control over my destiny and in general.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Norest4thewicked, Smilla and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I'd say I identify with Egoistic, Anomic and Fatalistic.
The Fatalistic aspect comes from being currently unemployed, in order to receive social security I am expected to search for work for 36hrs per week. I should also be able to travel for one and a half hours each way each day.
I must provide evidence of seeking work and enter this information in an online account. I must attend appointments at the benefits office. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in me being penalised and money withheld.

I do not claim social security as I refuse to participate in a system that is in place to dehumanise me.

Reactions: goxua, Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
An interesting insight.
*According to Durkheim, there are four types of suicide:

Egoistic suicide.

Altruistic suicide.

Anomic suicide.

Fatalistic suicide.*

https://www.opencollege.info/types-of-suicide/
This is helpful to identify what's at the root of your suicidal ideation. Some people definitely do it in a temporary impulsive moment when there might be a solution. I think many people also do it rationally though. It may seem irrational to outsiders but if you are placed into a difficult situation that u know is impossible to get out of. You explored your options and the options available are not acceptable. We don't live in a society where there are infinite options for people in tough situations to get out of in a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, littlelady774, Lavalamp and 2 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
I think the majority of users on here are in the Egoistic Suicide category, myself included. With a slight bit of Anomic and Altruistic since I'm married.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
The Fatalistic aspect comes from being currently unemployed, in order to receive social security I am expected to search for work for 36hrs per week. I should also be able to travel for one and a half hours each way each day.
I must provide evidence of seeking work and enter this information in an online account. I must attend appointments at the benefits office. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in me being penalised and money withheld.

I do not claim social security as I refuse to participate in a system that is in place to dehumanise me.
Gotta love the unreasonable expectations they place on people who need help. I really hate the means testing BS. We are going to determine what your needs are and how much help u can get/deserve and on top this we will make it highly inconvenient, so you decide to just say fuck this and ctb lol! Real charity would take into consideration individual persons needs and what u are able to do. Negotiate with u in a humane way to get u the help u need but in a way that u are reasonably able to meet the requirements on your end. There's so much to factor in when you give someone charity, because otherwise it's abused and you won't help anybody if it's not carefully done. Gov charity just keeps people dependent which is the goal primarily. There's a difference between handouts and charity you are greatful to receive that will change your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla, sif and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018

Have you given any thought to opening your own business, as a private chef/caterer?

I'm not saying this is a solution but I wonder if it might be worth a shot?

What about a culinary education/teaching job?

Sorry for the crap the govt is putting you through.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I had many ideas about opening a place or providing street food. I ran them past my brother who is like an encyclopedia of catering and regulations. Basically the food safety laws are so strict in Glasgow and Scotland as a whole that it's near impossible to implement an idea without huge amounts of money.
The reason for this is the death of twenty one people from E.coli in 1996 which at the time was the world's worst outbreak.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/butcher-blamed-for-ecoli-deaths-1172782.html

I had aspirations to be a Food safety instructor but never followed it through, owing mainly to the fact that I don't drive.

Tbh after twenty six years I'm kind of sick of looking at food, I was passionate about it at one time and got a buzz from it. Now it's gone the way of a lot of things I once enjoyed.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and 5 others
johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
This is helpful to identify what's at the root of your suicidal ideation. Some people definitely do it in a temporary impulsive moment when there might be a solution. I think many people also do it rationally though. It may seem irrational to outsiders but if you are placed into a difficult situation that u know is impossible to get out of. You explored your options and the options available are not acceptable. We don't live in a society where there are infinite options for people in tough situations to get out of in a reasonable amount of time.
I think a lot of people who seem to do it impulsively were very depressed for a while, and always saw it as a possibility. Then something happens that puts them over the edge and they just decide "enough is enough" and go through with it, but for people on the outside they see it as an impulsive act to a temporary problem because they didn't know the person was struggling mentally for so long. It might legitimately be temporary but it was just enough to break the camels back at that particular time, and had the person not killed themselves then, they easily could have done it later on in reaction to some other event.

Reactions: Jane Doe, 15dec, Final Escape and 2 others
ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
Definitely an egoistic suicide.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
F

Fgogrl

Dec 20, 2018
I been denied twice too. It's really hard to get.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
The Whale

The Whale

Error
Mar 18, 2019
It's very interesting. I had a 3-hour class about these four types of suicide. You can't identify yourself with more than two types of suicide because egoistic suicide and altruistic suicide are two opposites while anomic suicide and fatalistic suicide are two other opposite.
Let's say that
  1. a) egoistic b) altruistic
  2. a) anomic b) fatalistic
You usually are only one type or you can either be 1a-2a, 1a-2b, 1b-2a or 1b-2b because egoistic is a low social interaction while altruistic is a high social interaction, you can't have both for instance. Altruistic suicide isn't "I'll die because I think I'm doing more harm to my family than good". Japanese Kamikaze pilots and Islamic selfless operations are good examples of what is an altruistic suicide. I wanted to clarify it, so it doesn't get misunderstood. That was my input!
And anomic is when there is no limitations like a problematic gambler while fatalistic is when everything is limited, like an inmate.

Last edited:
Reactions: H2H2