Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020
I guess mostly comedy! But I find I don't often find the most popular funny shows that funny. The Office for example. It seems like a show I would love but I cannot get into it!
But then like The IT Crowd is super popular and I could watch that over and over. I am tough to please with shows! Haha

Okay comedy - that's a toughie like music as everyone has their own unique taste. All I can do is tell you series I love that I find funny but are not necessarily out and out comedy. Also some are very old.

So here goes - I would say do the 1st episode of each - maybe 2 and stick with those you like... (I will put links where I can find first episode of each show)

Only Fools and Horses (1981 - 2003) / Only Fools & Horses Wikipedia / Only Fools and Horses Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Fawlty Towers (1975 - 1979) / Fawlty Towers Wikipedia / Fawlty Towers Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Blackadder (1983 - 1989) / Blackadder Wikipedia / Blackadder S1 E1 (DailyMotion)

Red Dwarf (1988 - 1999, 2009, 2012 – present) / Red Dwarf Wikipedia / Red Dwarf Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (1983 - 1986, 2002 - 2004) / Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Wikipedia / Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Shameless (2004 - 2013) / Shameless (British TV series) Wikipedia / Shameless Season 1 (PUTLOCKER)

The Inbetweeners (2008 - 2010) / The Inbetweeners Wikipedia / The Inbetweeners Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Misfits (2009 - 2013) / Misfits Wikipedia / Misfits Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Hopefully you like one of those but if not then we really are wide apart in our comedy tastes.

Reactions: xalltoowell
xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019
Okay comedy - that's a toughie like music as everyone has their own unique taste. All I can do is tell you series I love that I find funny but are not necessarily out and out comedy. Also some are very old.

So here goes - I would say do the 1st episode of each - maybe 2 and stick with those you like... (I will put links where I can find first episode of each show)

Only Fools and Horses (1981 - 2003) / Only Fools & Horses Wikipedia / Only Fools and Horses Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Fawlty Towers (1975 - 1979) / Fawlty Towers Wikipedia / Fawlty Towers Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Blackadder (1983 - 1989) / Blackadder Wikipedia / Blackadder S1 E1 (DailyMotion)

Red Dwarf (1988 - 1999, 2009, 2012 – present) / Red Dwarf Wikipedia / Red Dwarf Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (1983 - 1986, 2002 - 2004) / Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Wikipedia / Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Shameless (2004 - 2013) / Shameless (British TV series) Wikipedia / Shameless Season 1 (PUTLOCKER)

The Inbetweeners (2008 - 2010) / The Inbetweeners Wikipedia / The Inbetweeners Series 1 (PUTLOCKER)

Hopefully you like one of those but if not then we really are wide apart in our comedy tastes.
Ok so I'm slowly watching Fawlty Towers and I enjoy The Inbetweeners. Some of these are on my giant watchlist I never get to, but some I haven't heard of! It will be my quarantine goal to try at least one episode of all of these.
Super appreciate this and for including links thank you!

Reactions: Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020
Ok so I'm slowly watching Fawlty Towers and I enjoy The Inbetweeners. Some of these are on my giant watchlist I never get to, but some I haven't heard of! It will be my quarantine goal to try at least one episode of all of these.

There unofficial sites so you need to close the pop ups - trial and error I usually find on the third attempt most work.

• Love
Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020

I just thought of another comedy called Teachers... I did a review for it on my FB review group so follow this link to read what I thought broken down by season:

TEACHERS (2001 - 2004) - 5/10 (Worth Watching) / Teachers - Season 1 Episode 1 (YouTube)

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019

Keeping up Appearances 1990-1995 was pretty funny.

xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019
I just thought of another comedy called Teachers... I did a review for it on my FB review group so follow this link to read what I thought broken down by season:

TEACHERS (2001 - 2004) - 5/10 (Worth Watching) / Teachers - Season 1 Episode 1 (YouTube)
It won't let me see it without a Facebook but I'll add it to the list! I've not heard of that one!
I watched one episode of Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, and Misfits today, but then got distracted with the new episode of Gogglebox. I plan to for sure watch more of Misfits it had me interested from the first episode!

C

Cloudy

Jun 12, 2019
If you are in the UK, or have a VPN that works with BBC iPlayer, I recommend Inside No 9. It's brilliant and they are stand alone episodes, so you can watch them in whichever order

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020
If you are in the UK, or have a VPN that works with BBC iPlayer, I recommend Inside No 9. It's brilliant and they are stand alone episodes, so you can watch them in whichever order

Yes I am indeed in the UK. Will try to check at least 1 episode out. Thanks.

C

Cloudy

Jun 12, 2019
Yes I am indeed in the UK. Will try to check at least 1 episode out. Thanks.
Cool, let me know what you think. The first one from the first season (sardines) is a good place to start, but they are mostly brilliant, so it's hard to start from a bad one

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Series 2 of Auf Wiedersehen is my fav series. When they go to help Barry out. Then do up the country Manor and go to Spain etc. I worked with a man who's brother in law is the bloke who played Big Baz.
Don't want tomorrow to be like today, that's why I'm breaking away. Ooooh....

Reactions: Timetodie90 and Space Cadet
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I keep meaning to binge watch Breaking Bad, i watched it when it first came out in roughly 2011, but didn't watch the later seasons. Loved it.
It's SO good. Watched it a couple times now. Can't recommend it enough. Prison Break, Shooter, The Walking Dead, Z Nation, Game of Thrones, Teen Wolf, American Horror Story, Scream, just to name a few that I've binge watched.

Reactions: terry_a_davis and Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020
It won't let me see it without a Facebook but I'll add it to the list! I've not heard of that one!
I watched one episode of Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, and Misfits today, but then got distracted with the new episode of Gogglebox. I plan to for sure watch more of Misfits it had me interested from the first episode!

I've started since lockdown doing Gogglebox - I started from S1 E1 on Daily Motion and got to S4 (all found fine other than DM had 1 episodes loaded up twice instead of the correct one - there S4 E5 is actually S4 E4 again but was able to find it elsewhere (on 123 Movies) but now the first ever celebrity special I cant find anywhere - it's not on either of those websites nor anywhere else I have tried which sucks. I want to do them all.

Gogglebox - STAND UP TO CANCER CELEBRITY SPECIAL (2014). According to Wikipedia this is when they did the first ever Celeb one as part of the Stand Up To Cancer telefon on 17 October 2014 - loads of segments from the usual cast but also celebs (Programmes commented on included: The X Factor, Downton Abbey, Strictly Come Dancing, University Challenge and more.) Celebs included Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Sarah Hadland, Kathy Burke, Tom Ellis, Miranda Hart, Kate Moss and Paul O'Grady.

However all the clips they edited together and released as a regular episode and broadcast it on 21st October 2014. Its about 50mins total give or take.

Alas this one is not on Daily Motion nor have I been able to find it anywhere else. :'(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gogglebox_episodes

Last edited:
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I keep hearing about this BBC iPlayer. Is it worth trying? Also, as it turns out, Killing Eve is a great show. You should check it out sometime.

• Love
Reactions: Space Cadet, mediocre and terry_a_davis
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
@RileyTanaka yes, lot's of BBC produced shows old and new, I'm not sure how it will work if you're not in the UK, as has been suggested a VPN with UK servers might work but idk.

C

Cloudy

Jun 12, 2019
I keep hearing about this BBC iPlayer. Is it worth trying? Also, as it turns out, Killing Eve is a great show. You should check it out sometime.

Great, it's on BBC iPlayer, so I'll check it out ;)
I find the player brilliant because I used to live in the UK and I miss the shows

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020
@RileyTanaka yes, lot's of BBC produced shows old and new, I'm not sure how it will work if you're not in the UK, as has been suggested a VPN with UK servers might work but idk.
I think even with a VPN you may need to register with the site (so you can login) which will require a UK address but that's not hard just ask a British person. If any one needs help with an address and postcode just to register I can help with that.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I love Killing Eve but I'm not liking this current season at all. Still worth watching tho.

Reactions: RileyTanaka
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Noooo.... Now I know I won't give that series a try. Thanx for the heads up.

Nope ha,, I'm jokin, it's way better than that, but the other girl does have weird and wonderful clothes

Reactions: Epsilon0
Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mar 2, 2020
I have finally joined Netflix and been binge watching lots. Think my favourite series so far is Travelers. Already 3 episodes into S3.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood