• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Experienced
Dec 30, 2019
I constantly feel so depressed and empty. Everything around me feels so bleak. Sylvia Plath's poems are very relatable to me. I like hearing her recite them in her own voice. I just listen and cry.

Some of my favorite lines from Tulips...
"I have nothing to do with explosions. I have given my name and my day-clothes up to the nurses And my history to the anaesthetist and my body to surgeons."

"The nurses pass and pass, they are no trouble, They pass the way gulls pass inland in their white caps, Doing things with their hands, one just the same as another, So it is impossible to tell how many there are. My body is a pebble to them, they tend it as water Tends to the pebbles it must run over, smoothing them gently. They bring me numbness in their bright needles, they bring me sleep."

"I am a nun now, I have never been so pure. I didn't want any flowers, I only wanted To lie with my hands turned up and be utterly empty. How free it is, you have no idea how free — The peacefulness is so big it dazes you, And it asks nothing, a name tag, a few trinkets. It is what the dead close on, finally; I imagine them Shutting their mouths on it, like a Communion tablet."