B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Long story made short.
My parents live abroad, I live with my boyfriend, I have friends who are always in touch with me.
I want to take my own life and would like to make my drowning look like an accident.
What I was thinking was to stage it so it seems like I was robbed of my wallet in the middle of the night and thrown into the nearest river (everybody knows I can't swim). There will be nobody there and this is completely staged. Before this, I would send my location to my boyfriend and best friend and tell them both to arrive ASAP as there were "people" approaching me and I didn't feel safe (there will be nobody there around me at all - I know the area well). The location is at least 30 minutes away from where they both live, so I would pretty much drown before anybody arrives and the imaginary thieves would have already escaped by then.
I have two main questions. Funny thing is - I've already prepped people by telling them I've been having dreams or visions of me being thrown in water. I have no history of suicidal ideation.
1 - how do I stage this to be even more believable? I was thinking I would leave my phone and wallet (emptied of all my cards) on the bridge that I would be "thrown off of" and maybe show evidence of struggle on the rails of the bridge (struggle marks on my arms, etc)

2 - I need advice on how to drown faster. I know that hyperventilating before diving helps you run out of oxygen quicker and you pass out faster. I don't want to drink or use anything so it doesn't look suspicious.

Thank you all so much and much love to everyone on here. I'm sure none of us knew at a previous time of our lives that we would be sitting here on a suicide forum or evern thinking of suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Winona and lv-gras
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Long story made short.
My parents live abroad, I live with my boyfriend, I have friends who are always in touch with me.
I want to take my own life and would like to make my drowning look like an accident.
What I was thinking was to stage it so it seems like I was robbed of my wallet in the middle of the night and thrown into the nearest river (everybody knows I can't swim). Before this, I would send my location to my boyfriend and best friend and tell them both to arrive ASAP as there were people approaching me and I didn't feel safe. The location is at least 30 minutes away from where they both live, so I would pretty much drown before anybody arrives.
I have two main questions. Funny thing is - I've already prepped people by telling them I've been having dreams or visions of me being thrown in water. I have no history of suicidal ideation.
1 - how do I stage this to be even more believable? I was thinking I would leave my phone and wallet (emptied of all my cards) on the bridge that I would be "thrown off of" and maybe show evidence of struggle on the rails of the bridge (struggle marks on my arms, etc)

2 - I need advice on how to drown faster. I know that hyperventilating before diving helps you run out of oxygen quicker and you pass out faster. I don't want to drink or use anything so it doesn't look suspicious.

Thank you all so much and much love to everyone on here. I'm sure none of us knew at a previous time of our lives that we would be sitting here on a suicide forum or evern thinking of suicide.

Hi. This sounds like you are planning to make it look like a murder, not an accident? You mention showing "signs of struggle" and "not feeling safe with certain people around"?

Don't implicate others in your death.

Am I missing something?

Reactions: nadia225, gingerplum, Jupiter and 10 others
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Hi. This sounds like you are planning to make it look like a murder and not an accident? You mention showing "signs of struggle" and "not feeling safe with certain people around"?

Am I missing something?

Hey there, nope. Nobody will be on the scene except for me.
It's just going to be me jumping off the bridge but I would like to give the illusion that there were in fact people there that threw me off/ accidentally pushed me in an attempt to rob me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Hi. This sounds like you are planning to make it look like a murder, not an accident? You mention showing "signs of struggle" and "not feeling safe with certain people around"?

Am I missing something?

I am wondering the same thing.... seems a bit....interesting and also...a bit rash. Can you explain further please?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
It's just going to be me jumping off the bridge but I would like to give the illusion that there were in fact people there that threw me off/ accidentally pushed me in an attempt to rob me.

Right. That's murder. Any way you look at it.

Reactions: gingerplum, interestingname, throwaway123 and 7 others
L

LaughingandSmiling

May 12, 2018
What Smilla's saying is that your death is going to be investigated by police. They're going to look for a criminal. Some poor idiot who was in the wrong place at the wrong time could get charged with your murder.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, Sadgirl19 and 13 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
What Smilla's saying is that your death is going to be investigated by police. They're going to look for a criminal. Some poor idiot who was in the wrong place at the wrong time could get charged with your murder.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Reactions: gingerplum, Jupiter, throwaway123 and 7 others
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
So should I send my location to my bf and best friend and just say that I don't feel safe, and not give details of anything or anybody around me?

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
So should I send my location to my bf and best friend and just say that I don't feel safe, and not give details of anything or anybody around me?

No. You should stop thinking about this method entirely.

Volatile, where are you when we need you?

Reactions: gingerplum, throwaway123, lv-gras and 4 others
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Alright whatever then. I'm keeping the drowning bit alive though.

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
How would you experts make a drowning look like an accident then?

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Th
No. You should stop thinking about this method entirely.

Volatile, where are you when we need you?

The only thing I can say to this is if you want to drown, just drown...don't make it look like something it is not.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and gingerplum
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Can you please explain WHY it needs to look like an accident?
That's to do with earthly things that are not relevant to my question. I just want it to be.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, End.of.the.line and lv-gras
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
That's to do with earthly things that are not relevant to my question. I just want it to be.

Well not sure anyone could give you advice on how to make it look like an accident...especially given the fact you cannot swim, which would just make it look suspicious anyway hands down. With that being said, I will reiterate with Smilla and say, if you wish to drown okay, that is your choice, just leave others out of it. Beside wasting peoples time and efforts (like police, when they have MUCH better things to be doing...like arresting rapist etc) don't let someone else take the fall for something they had nothing to do with.

In the end, I think that is what we are both saying.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, lv-gras and 1 other person
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018

Because my boyfriend thinks suicide is pussy behavior and I don't want him remembering me like that. That's it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, End.of.the.line, lv-gras and 1 other person
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Because my boyfriend thinks suicide is pussy behavior and I don't want him remembering me like that. That's it.

Okay that I can understand...a lot of people think that way. Not their choice and no matter what sadly, people will think what they want to think after we are long gone.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pineapplecrown, uxorious and 1 other person
uxorious

uxorious

Aug 17, 2018
So I get the accident bit it seems a little risky to tell your location beforehand. You might just end up sectioned :-/

L

LaughingandSmiling

May 12, 2018

Imagine if someone was walking in the park alone. There's a "murder" with no perpetrator nearby. He might get convicted for a crime he didn't commit.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, lv-gras and 2 others
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Long story made short.
What I was thinking was to stage it so it seems like I was robbed of my wallet in the middle of the night and thrown into the nearest river (everybody knows I can't swim). There will be nobody there and this is completely staged. Before this, I would send my location to my boyfriend and best friend and tell them both to arrive ASAP as there were "people" approaching me and I didn't feel safe (there will be nobody there around me at all - I know the area well). The location is at least 30 minutes away from where they both live, so I would pretty much drown before anybody arrives and the imaginary thieves would have already escaped by then.

Long story made short.

Alright I have a better idea.
Basically, I go to a trip by myself to a lake/river and left everrrrrybody I know I'm going, post stuff on social media as soon as I get there etc, and when I get the opportunity, just drown. Is that better?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sadgirl19 and lv-gras
K

k475u

Aug 23, 2018
Dont tell the location like that. Do you have a schedule time to go home normally? If not, tell your bf to invite friends over or something (so he will get alibi and wont waste police time) then tell them the time you will go home. They will try to find you if you are late for more than 1 hour and can not be contacte

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pineapplecrown, tearsinrain and 2 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Please don't take this the wrong way or anything but why does EVERYBODY need to know where you are going? Are you wanting everyone to be worried about you? I guess, I am trying to figure out what is really going on here. I am not trying to be critical but it seems to me, if you let everyone know where you are going and they know you cannot swim...or having them rush to your rescue, it seems more like a cry for help than for an actual death wish. And if that is what it is then okay, obviously you are not ready and are needing someone to hear you. And if all you need is for someone to hear you, then that is okay too.

Again, not trying to be critical but I am reading between the lines and if those lines are wrong then I digress.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
K

k475u

Aug 23, 2018
Is the river on the way you usually go? Because for someone cant swim, and telling others about a dream of being drown, I dont think people without suicidal thought will go near lake/river voluntarily. Maybe just turn on the gps if you want your body to be found quickly.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, GoneGirlXIV and 3 others
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Please don't take this the wrong way or anything but why does EVERYBODY need to know where you are going? Are you wanting everyone to be worried about you? I guess, I am trying to figure out what is really going on here. I am not trying to be critical but it seems to me, if you let everyone know where you are going and they know you cannot swim...or having them rush to your rescue, it seems more like a cry for help than for an actual death wish. And if that is what it is then okay, obviously you are not ready and are needing someone to hear you. And if all you need is for someone to hear you, then that is okay too.

Again, not trying to be critical but I am reading between the lines and if those lines are wrong then I digress.

No no not really. If I was able to kill myself i would have already, but I can't since I'm with my family atm and can't leave home and don't have access to a body of water. I just want to be found within the perimeter of the location so my family gets some closure.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
No no not really. If I was able to kill myself i would have already, but I can't since I'm with my family atm and can't leave home and don't have access to a body of water. I just want to be found within the perimeter of the location so my family gets some closure.

Well if you throw yourself into a river you will be swept away and not all the time are bodies then found. Some bodies get hung up miles downstream. Drowning yourself in a lake or anything like that will not be easy...it's hard to drown like that, river....well yes. I know you can't swim but you also have to then take into account if you did it in a lake. Are you going to row yourself out to the middle of it and then throw yourself off? Because you cannot swim out far enough to drown....because you cannot swim.

Again, looks like suicide because that is what it is. It's very hard to commit suicide without it looking like such, it just is.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, lv-gras and 4 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
And just to be clear on something you said...you said you are with family but in your OP you said your family lived abroad and you lived with your boyfriend.... just trying to understand that part

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, IG959 and 1 other person
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
And just to be clear on something you said...you said you are with family in your OP you said your family lived abroad and you lived with your boyfriend.... just trying to understand that part

So I live abroad with my boyfriend for 9 months a year and the remaining 3 vacationing with my family. So I'm on vacation right now and I get back to my bf soon. I know I'm hella confusing and I'm sorry.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
So I live abroad with my boyfriend for 9 months a year and the remaining 3 vacationing with my family. So I'm on vacation right now and I get back to my bf soon. I know I'm hella confusing and I'm sorry.

It's okay...just trying to understand, that is all. I am guessing your 3 month stint with your family is for summer vacation? (given the 9 months 3 months thing)

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
It's okay...just trying to understand, that is all. I am guessing your 3 month stint with your family is for summer vacation? (given the 9 months 3 months thing)

Yeah. About to enter my fourth year pursuing a bacherlors in civil engineering degree in the UK.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Yeah. About to enter my fourth year pursuing a bacherlors in civil engineering degree in the UK.

Oh nice! What part of the UK? I use to live there at one point. :) Civil engineering, that is an impressive degree, I am a physics major.