Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I'm in a group home and everything is so irritating today. It's just little things that just pile up and get under my skin. I cant get otc meds like ibuprofen so I just have to deal with pain I have. They dont have 2 staff so they bring everyone to the smoke shop so people can get their fix. Then while were out the staff decides to take a personal trip and go 15 minutes out of the way to pick up here garage door opener. Then we come back and she spends an hour on the phone while 3 of us are waiting on her. Then when I finally talk to her and ask for temporary internet access on my computer to apply for a job she says no, so no job for me I guess. Then lunch rolls around and there is no food for me (vegetarian) and she yells at everyone for not doing chores by 1030am.

On top of the my social worker missed our meeting on Tuesday, and pushed it to next Thursday. She wont respond to any of my calls or texts. I want to be able to leave the house but my social worker has all the say and she wont even contact us. So I'm stuck in this house with nothing to do but play on my phone and this is supposed to be helping me. I'm just pissed off.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'm in a group home and everything is so irritating today. It's just little things that just pile up and get under my skin. I cant get otc meds like ibuprofen so I just have to deal with pain I have. They dont have 2 staff so they bring everyone to the smoke shop so people can get their fix. Then while were out the staff decides to take a personal trip and go 15 minutes out of the way to pick up here garage door opener. Then we come back and she spends an hour on the phone while 3 of us are waiting on her. Then when I finally talk to her and ask for temporary internet access on my computer to apply for a job she says no, so no job for me I guess. Then lunch rolls around and there is no food for me (vegetarian) and she yells at everyone for not doing chores by 1030am.

On top of the my social worker missed our meeting on Tuesday, and pushed it to next Thursday. She wont respond to any of my calls or texts. I want to be able to leave the house but my social worker has all the say and she wont even contact us. So I'm stuck in this house with nothing to do but play on my phone and this is supposed to be helping me. I'm just pissed off.
That sucks. How did you end up in the group home? I would not be happy with so many people running my life like that.

Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
That sucks. How did you end up in the group home? I would not be happy with so many people running my life like that.
I was chaptered and the county didnt want me to go home. It sucks having others decide what you can do. It's more irritating that my social worker say "you [me] have all the power", which basically means if I act badly she will put me in a hospital and if I act well enough for long enough she will send me home. I have very little power, all I can do is just bear through it.

Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I was chaptered and the county didnt want me to go home. It sucks having others decide what you can do. It's more irritating that my social worker say "you [me] have all the power", which basically means if I act badly she will put me in a hospital and if I act well enough for long enough she will send me home. I have very little power, all I can do is just bear through it.
Jesus Christ. She sounds like a bitch. Arrangements like these are so ripe for exploitation and abuse.

Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime and Rustysoupcan
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I was in an all male halfway house and a few lads were alright but most of them were just like... You know how men insinuate women are snidy back stabbing spread rumors gossips. Well these men made them look like angels.
I couldn't handle it again I know how anger and frustration feel when you're in pain.
What Pisses me off is its the ones who aren't in pain who cause it!

• Love
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime