Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
I'm was too lazy to look up proper ways and things to do this with so i used a cable, its a fairly thick cable, first time i tried i blacked out almost instantly, was some sort of partial suspention bcs i was too much of a coward to try full suspention and the space i have to do it in my room is too weird to even begin to explain, also wasn't sure atm so idk, point being i tried again just now but i would just feel my head ache and the need to breathe rather than the first time where the blacking out kind of just began to happen with me barely realizing, i put the cord on the lowest part of neck both times so i dont know what i'm doing wrong, can anyone just tell me wtf is happening, or what the proper way of doing it is, might be a stupid post but idfk

• Hugs
Reactions: warm dreams and Praestat_Mori
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
I think I understand what you're talking about. I also chose the hanging method, but before that I just strangled myself with a rope, tying it around my neck. And I want to say that when I did this for the first time that day, I was able to achieve a pre-dark state, but the very next attempt I squeezed my jugular veins and felt enormous pressure in my head, as if it would explode. You probably understand what I'm talking about. I don't know why it works this way, but there were only successful attempts the first time.

I can advise you to find your arteries in your neck with your hands and pinch them with your fingers. Squeeze very hard so that your eyes darken and your body becomes very sluggish and relaxed. After you find your arteries and successfully practice squeezing them with your hands, then apply a rope to this place. I hope everything works out for you!

Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
I think I understand what you're talking about. I also chose the hanging method, but before that I just strangled myself with a rope, tying it around my neck. And I want to say that when I did this for the first time that day, I was able to achieve a pre-dark state, but the very next attempt I squeezed my jugular veins and felt enormous pressure in my head, as if it would explode. You probably understand what I'm talking about. I don't know why it works this way, but there were only successful attempts the first time.

I can advise you to find your arteries in your neck with your hands and pinch them with your fingers. Squeeze very hard so that your eyes darken and your body becomes very sluggish and relaxed. After you find your arteries and successfully practice squeezing them with your hands, then apply a rope to this place. I hope everything works out for you!
Fuck, hope i can accomplish the black out thing again, because it was so seamless, just felt like i would've faded away, should've made it count i guess

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske and warm dreams
Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
Yes you wasted a potentially good opportunity there for yourself. So yer go above the Adamsapple where you feel a pulse and you can perhaps use a scarf if the cable is uncomfortable as the scarf is wider and increases the chance of distributing the pressure better across your neck (including the arteries). Some people (including myself) find it easier leaning slightly away from the anchor point rather than positioning directly below it as is hits the carotids better.
yeah I actually figured this out too, but not above the adams apple? I put it on the lowest part of my neck and found that if I look up and start to move down it works incredibly well, unfortunately I was'nt able to beat SI

Reactions: jusbug