• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
First post here. I can't focus right now so this might sound a bit disjointed, bear with me. I've been trying to hang myself the past couple nights but I can't seem to do it right. I was hoping you guys might have some advice. I can't get the noose to close off my carotid arteries, it just closes my windpipe.

My noose is made of thin ropes from a drawstring bag. I rubbed soap on it so it slips easier. I get in a kneeling position and lean forward. I have the noose right under my jaw with the knot at the back left of my head. I've tried cushioning various spots, repositioning the knot, and changing the way I'm kneeling/sitting. I just can't get any carotid compression. I tested it for thirty seconds straight last night. I didn't get dizzy until I got frustrated and stood up again.

I'm concerned that this method isn't working because I'm pretty light (90 lbs) and the floor is probably supporting a good amount of my weight. I really want to avoid hanging from higher up because that seems even more painful.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Ghassane
squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
Update, I tried again with the noose around the bottom half of my neck. I passed out in ten seconds and was unconscious for three minutes before my rope snapped. I need to use a thicker rope next time.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
Be careful messing with this method could make your life even worse.

Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019
Update, I tried again with the noose around the bottom half of my neck. I passed out in ten seconds and was unconscious for three minutes before my rope snapped. I need to use a thicker rope next time.
Because I am trying to get this method right as well, I want to ask you can you more specifically locate where you put the rope on your second attempt? You said the bottom half of your neck?

squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
Because I am trying to get this method right as well, I want to ask you can you more specifically locate where you put the rope on your second attempt? You said the bottom half of your neck?

I took some pictures after I woke up to see how bad the damage was. The red marks are roughly where the rope was.

Any higher than that and it starts to get painful and hard to breathe. I found that my carotids and jugular were much easier to close off at the bottom of my neck than the top.

Attachments

• 02B8E248-ACB6-4EA1-861D-F046AD9301AA.jpeg
    02B8E248-ACB6-4EA1-861D-F046AD9301AA.jpeg
    822 KB · Views: 268
  • F54D1C41-E1E0-49B7-A543-29F673B0C0B9.jpeg
    F54D1C41-E1E0-49B7-A543-29F673B0C0B9.jpeg
    809.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Hugs
Reactions: Theman, Escape_Reality, Ghassane and 4 others
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
The carotids often hide deeper towards the top of the neck compared to the bottom. The kneeling position is not always as efficient, especially if you don't lean into it perfectly. As you found, the bottom of the neck is sometimes better for some people and it's especially noticeable with the kneeling method, since the weight applied is much less. Sometimes the noose can pull against the Adam's apple though.

If you attempt again, please be careful. You could survive and damage can definitely occur. If you're found by someone and "saved", you may be quadriplegic. You want to be alone for an hour or more from when you lose consciousness to be safe.

I'm so sorry that you're suffering so much. This world is a cruel place. If you need someone to talk to in the meantime, I'm here for you. I mean it. I'm up all night here so I can chat as much as you need.

I wish you the best. Hopefully you find the peace you deserve.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PrettyMoose, Isittimetogonola and squidward tentacles
Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019
I took some pictures after I woke up to see how bad the damage was. The red marks are roughly where the rope was.

Any higher than that and it starts to get painful and hard to breathe. I found that my carotids and jugular were much easier to close off at the bottom of my neck than the top.
I tried hanging myself tonight putting the rope exactly where your marks are but couldn't pass out. All I felt was a sensation like my head was going to explode. :(

squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
I tried hanging myself tonight putting the rope exactly where your marks are but couldn't pass out. All I felt was a sensation like my head was going to explode. :(
I'm no doctor, but my guess is that the pressure was being applied more to the left side of your neck than the right. If you block the jugular more than the carotids, you'll get some blood flow into your head but not much comes out, so your head fills up with blood and creates that sensation. I had the knot behind and slightly to the left, and I leaned forward HARD, maybe 10-20° to the right. There was plenty of pressure in my head but it wasn't as uncomfortable as yours sounds.

The first signs of oxygen deprivation I noticed were mild confusion and a weird cold feeling around my mouth. If those happen, I'd say you're headed in the right direction.

Reactions: PrettyMoose and Ghassane
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Hope it will work for you next time you hang!

Reactions: squidward tentacles
S

Steamm

-
Feb 28, 2020
Wish I could make it right, I'm useless even for kill myself

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I'm no doctor, but my guess is that the pressure was being applied more to the left side of your neck than the right. If you block the jugular more than the carotids, you'll get some blood flow into your head but not much comes out, so your head fills up with blood and creates that sensation. I had the knot behind and slightly to the left, and I leaned forward HARD, maybe 10-20° to the right. There was plenty of pressure in my head but it wasn't as uncomfortable as yours sounds.

The first signs of oxygen deprivation I noticed were mild confusion and a weird cold feeling around my mouth. If those happen, I'd say you're headed in the right direction.

And think of it that every person´s body is different. So what works for one person will not work for every person

Reactions: one4all and Ryan.s
squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
And think of it that every person´s body is different. So what works for one person will not work for every person
Good point, thanks for mentioning that.

Reactions: Lady black
Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019

What hanging position were you using when you were able to pass out in 10 seconds? Still trying to do this myself.

squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
What hanging position were you using when you were able to pass out in 10 seconds? Still trying to do this myself.
I had the rope tied to my closet rod which is about 6 feet high. The noose hung down maybe 3 feet. I knelt on my knees (not the kneeling position where you sit on your heels, my thighs were upright). I was directly beneath the rod. The noose was at my head level so I put it low around my neck and tightened it with my hands so it was tight, which I think made it less likely to slip out of place. Then I used my weight to tip forward a little bit and I started feeling the effects of oxygen deprivation. I continued to lean into it until I passed out. I made sure not to brace my hands against anything so my neck sustained as much force as possible.

Again, I put the rope around the bottom of my neck. I think this was crucial to the comfort factor because I could still breathe a little by the time I blacked out, and there wasn't any pressure on my Adam's Apple area.

I should emphasize that you'll most likely thrash around when unconscious, so don't use a very thin rope or ligature because it likely wont handle the strain well. Mine was 1/4 inch thick and when it broke, I fell face first onto a box and some hardcover books. A rope that was maybe 3/8 or 1/2 inches thick would probably not have broken, or would've at least lasted longer.

(If my description of the initial setup isn't clear, I'd be glad to whip up a diagram.)

Reactions: PrettyMoose, Timetodie90 and TooLate2582
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
The diagram would be great!

Reactions: Molten
squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020

Attachments

• 4E455ECC-9BC5-4603-8010-1FC0B0079A6C.png
    4E455ECC-9BC5-4603-8010-1FC0B0079A6C.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: LostMyWill, PrettyMoose, Ghassane and 3 others
V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
Very interesting and helpful. Thx!

I practiced today. Will report, when I have the time.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Thank you for the diagram. It seems you will succeed soon

Timetodie90

Timetodie90

Spiritual but suicidal.
Mar 8, 2020
Thank you for the info Squidward Tentacles. Much appreciated.

Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019

I literally did the exact position and put the rope exactly where you put it. I could not even come close to passing out. I am a big guy (240 pounds) with a really thick neck. You did a great job on presenting this information. I'm just lost on how I am going to kill myself by partial since I have tried over a dozen times.

squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
I literally did the exact position and put the rope exactly where you put it. I could not even come close to passing out. I am a big guy (240 pounds) with a really thick neck. You did a great job on presenting this information. I'm just lost on how I am going to kill myself by partial since I have tried over a dozen times.
Sorry man, I don't know what to tell you. I hope you're able to find a way that works for you.

Reactions: Ryan.s
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Search on amazon "climbing rope" and you should find rope that won't break. I'm curious where you're anchoring the rope to? I'm likely choosing this method but I might do full suspension hanging instead of partial.

Reactions: Lady black and squidward tentacles
squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
Search on amazon "climbing rope" and you should find rope that won't break. I'm curious where you're anchoring the rope to? I'm likely choosing this method but I might do full suspension hanging instead of partial.
Interesting, I don't know why I didn't consider using a climbing rope. Thanks for the idea, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I'm using the rod in my closet. Normally I'd be skeptical about letting it support so much extra weight but it's surprisingly sturdy.

Reactions: alizee
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Yah I've seen closet rods that will hold my weight and ones that wouldn't. The only other thing to consider is if your body starts freaking out before death. Will the rod still hold your weight. Otherwise you're luckier than me. I'm likely going to tie the rope to my bed and drop out of window (second story high). Otherwise I might go to a public spot that likely won't have people at 4am. My only regret is not having a secure place where I cannot be spotted. Maybe I can do partial from something inside my apartment that's slightly higher than a doorknob. -_-

Reactions: squidward tentacles and Lady black
Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020

Doesn't it choke in this area ?

squidward tentacles

squidward tentacles

Mar 19, 2020
Doesn't it choke in this area ?
If by choke, you mean suffocate, then not really. With the rope near my collarbones, it felt like breathing through a straw, but I still got enough air to stay calm. It was uncomfortable but not painful.

I only had a real problem with suffocation when I was practicing and put the rope right underneath my jaw. That completely closed my throat, which is a lot more unpleasant than my other method. It hurt like hell because the rope was digging right into my windpipe. I guess I don't have cushioning there or something.

This is all anecdotal, of course. I don't know how my neck anatomy compares to other people's.

Reactions: Timetodie90 and Ghassane
Timetodie90

Timetodie90

Spiritual but suicidal.
Mar 8, 2020
If by choke, you mean suffocate, then not really. With the rope near my collarbones, it felt like breathing through a straw, but I still got enough air to stay calm. It was uncomfortable but not painful.

I only had a real problem with suffocation when I was practicing and put the rope right underneath my jaw. That completely closed my throat, which is a lot more unpleasant than my other method. It hurt like hell because the rope was digging right into my windpipe. I guess I don't have cushioning there or something.

This is all anecdotal, of course. I don't know how my neck anatomy compares to other people's.

Where you are putting the ligature is where the Wiki suggests is the best place for comfort and to compress the cartoid arteries. That is where I shall be placing the ligature on my neck when doing partial suspension.