• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
I've been bloodletting recently to cope with the existence of my life. I can locate veins accurately however I can only draw blood using a syringe. However, I was hoping to go without a syringe and just have a measuring cup as I've only got 3ml syringes which isn't enough for me. I'm not sure why the blood just pools at the hub (plastic part) of the needle. I'm not sure if a tourniquet would be useful or not. I know that in phlebotomy the containers used for blood collection are pressurized which is probably how I'm able to successfully draw blood using a syringe.

I'm hoping to become comfortable with this and then consider it as a potential option to leave this place.

Would anyone be able to provide some education as to why this happens? I am aware of the dangers of bloodletting however I'm actively ignoring/overlooking them.

L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
I bloodlet with cannulas, the only thing that stops blood coming out is the luer lock so once I've removed the needle I just don't put the luer lock on and the blood just pours out into my cup I use to measure how much I'm draining out. You just need to be careful tho because the size of the cannula will dictate how fast the blood comes out, and if you start to feel unwell and shaky it will be hard to then put the luer lock back on. It's safer to not secure the cannula, so when you've done enough you already have a gauze with tape ready, remove the cannula place the gauze and tape on, press firmly and hold your arm in the air

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Some place nice, psp3000 and Josef2000
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
gonna be a total flippin nerd here (again). have you ever donated blood? can the needle keep your blood flowing?

• Hugs
Reactions: Josef2000
L

letmegetout

Jan 23, 2023
I have donated blood previously but I have since needed blood transfusions from blood letting and so can't anymore.
Sorry what do you mean by can the needle keep your blood flowing?

Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
I bloodlet with cannulas, the only thing that stops blood coming out is the luer lock so once I've removed the needle I just don't put the luer lock on and the blood just pours out into my cup I use to measure how much I'm draining out. You just need to be careful tho because the size of the cannula will dictate how fast the blood comes out, and if you start to feel unwell and shaky it will be hard to then put the luer lock back on. It's safer to not secure the cannula, so when you've done enough you already have a gauze with tape ready, remove the cannula place the gauze and tape on, press firmly and hold your arm in the air
Thank-you for your reply buddy, I don't use cannulas, I just put the needle itself in with the hub, poking out. I'm not sure how to go about this now as I've got about 150 needles at home
gonna be a total flippin nerd here (again). have you ever donated blood? can the needle keep your blood flowing?
This post might be helpful: SS Forum Post

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
I have donated blood previously but I have since needed blood transfusions from blood letting and so can't anymore.
Sorry what do you mean by can the needle keep your blood flowing?
i mean, i remember having to squeeze my fist for the blood to flow faster. but can the needle alone keep the blood flowing out?

Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
I'm not sure if I can edit my post but I managed to find a way around it. The vacutainers that are used to collect blood samples are pressurised containers, so it makes sense that blood does not really flow without the pressure/vacutainer. Using a tourniquet helps as it's almost like pushing water out of a balloon.

L

letmegetout

Jan 23, 2023
So by needles I presume you're talking about like butterfly needles, and those used in blood donation, they're effectively a closed circuit requiring a vacuum to draw out the blood.

The cannula is basically a straw that sits inside the vein keeping it open so medications can go straight in but blood will flow straight out too

Even when a venous gas is done from a needle (so getting a string full of blood like you're doing) it can be hard to pull the blood into the syringe, so to fully blood let that way would be very time consuming and not very reliable