Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Any Trump supporters out there?

How do you feel about the release of his tax returns?

In a nutshell: chronic and substantial business losses and everything written off so he claims no or next to no personal income, usually paying $0 or $750 in personal income tax.

How will hard working Americans who pay their taxes feel about this?

Reactions: Lupgevif and Deleted member 19654
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Is it a surprise? Is the idea that he was always bankrupt and trading on debts and promises? Or that he hid it all away somehow and evaded taxation?
I'd imagine many people will be livid, but I'd imagine Trump supporters will still support him regardless.

Reactions: deleted, Mr2005 and Deleted member 19654
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm not sure what difference it makes for the average person.
If the system itself is corrupt and unjust, tax avoidance by one individual or other is neither here nor there.
Fix the cause, not the symptoms.

Seems to be just a strategically placed attempt by NYT to influence the election.

I agree with Underscore, this will not phase Trump supporters. In fact, they'll probably admire him even more ("that makes me smart" etc).

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It is pretty crazy, but I think the news comes too little, too late. It won't sway his supporters either because the media have been spending the past 4-5 years undermining even the actual few accomplishments he's made and they've been accusing him of so many different horrible things that people outside of the echo chambers are just exhausted. At this point it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf times a thousand and yet people who criticize him never learn because they can't get over how good they feel when they shit on him to ignore him. The more shit you fling at him, the more building material he gains to add on to the structure around him.

I don't even think this is going to prevent him from getting voted out either.

Here's a public tweet from a Trump supporter upon finding out the news:
A7E03303 4D29 4E90 BE4B 478AAC3D63A0

Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and esse_est_percipi
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
If he's calling it fake news then he can't take credit for it being clever as well.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I have run my own business. all i can say is that you pay taxes different to how a normal person would. there are loopholes etc, but thats just how it is. plus if he had a good accountant, which i imagine he did., that helps.

ALL of the famous people etc, footballers,basketball stars anyone like that will not be paying the proper amount of tax. and when i say ALL i mean ALL. they will have offshore accounts and allsorts, loopholes exist and people take advantage.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 19654
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
He used to be smart many many years ago. And ambitious and knew very well what he can do and what not, and knew the prise for this. He didn't mind paying it at all. That was importat to him and he at least was very open about that. But now he is not open and this time he has no idea why. I really think that he believes that if he presses the "big red" button something will happen...it's so funny.

Last edited: