FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe that once we die, we just cease to exist and this thought is the only comfort and relief. To me peace could never exist as long as there is some form of awareness, it could only ever lie in the absence of everything where I won't even know that I'm gone. This is why death will always be ideal to me, as there is nothing more perfect than the state of nonexistence. Therefore, as a result of this I see suicide as being self care as I know that I deserve the peace that only death could bring. Suicide is self care as existence means suffering and to die solves all problems, and death cures and heals everything. When life itself is the true harmful thing then only death could really be the solution for me.

In non existence there is no need for solutions as there is no more problems and to die is ideal as there are simply no disadvantages to being dead. No matter what I will always view it as being preferable to not exist, as something so useless and unnecessary as existence could never be worth enduring for me. I see no value in staying here to risk even worse torment, I only see benefits in choosing to leave this hellish world behind. The thing that I despise and see as being so cruel is that it's this difficult and risky for us to achieve this permanent peace. This fact just proves how disgusting this world really is, where torture is seen as being acceptable and is something to be prolonged.

So therefore to exist is a curse and it will always be a cruel, tragic mistake the fact that life exists and how we have the ability to suffer. As long as we exist there could never be any relief from suffering which is why of course only death could ever be true peace. In comparison to the harsh reality of this existence, the thought of permanent nonexistence really is something so incredibly beautiful to me. I just think it sounds like such an incredibly wonderful thing to fall asleep forever with all problems instantly solved, this life forgotten about where it's not even a distant memory. I certainly believe that only those who die are truly fortunate.

• Hugs
Reactions: borderlinee, Kawaii_Shoujo215, Fwompje and 9 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Torture is not seen as acceptable by most people

Reactions: qwerty1969
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i wish we know for 100 percent certain that death is the end for all time
but my intuition tells me rebirth is more realistic given the fact we are
already here i hope not tho

suicide is a act of self care from pain people kill themselves because they are in pain
it's the ultimate form of self care

to achive complete peace would require non-existence

disadvantages of being dead is i'll never get to understand how maths or technology works or be creative
plus never have fun again or be amazed i want to see what the universe is capable of like quantum computers

i agree the current state of the world and life means its preferable to not exist at all
existance is a curse and it will always be a cruel, and a mistake

i would love to sleep forever too

Reactions: Source Energy
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I don't agree that existence means suffering, the same way that a video game with bad mechanics doesn't make it equal to eternal torture. There is certainly some happiness to be found in life, although ultimately suffering is much more common and death is certainly preferable if you take a hedonistic or pessimistic view. I also observe that, since the individuals who prevent death are unwilling to change their actions, repeating statements about suffering won't change anything. Unless you are a person physically incapable of experiencing happiness I find it counter intuitive to spend time repeating this kind of post when you could be doing something less likely to involve suffering. For most people, I would suggest that they are unhappier than they believe but I don't think they view or experience life as eternal torture and suffering. The statement that only those who die are truly fortunate also interests me because we all die anyway, so that would mean that we are all truly fortunate. Although I share the view that life is a net negative and it seems irrational to desire sentience and harmful to create it.

S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
... The statement that only those who die are truly fortunate also interests me because we all die anyway, so that would mean that we are all truly fortunate.
We are.... when we die.

HumansAreHell

HumansAreHell

Aug 31, 2022
I don't agree that existence means suffering, the same way that a video game with bad mechanics doesn't make it equal to eternal torture. There is certainly some happiness to be found in life, although ultimately suffering is much more common and death is certainly preferable if you take a hedonistic or pessimistic view. I also observe that, since the individuals who prevent death are unwilling to change their actions, repeating statements about suffering won't change anything. Unless you are a person physically incapable of experiencing happiness I find it counter intuitive to spend time repeating this kind of post when you could be doing something less likely to involve suffering. For most people, I would suggest that they are unhappier than they believe but I don't think they view or experience life as eternal torture and suffering. The statement that only those who die are truly fortunate also interests me because we all die anyway, so that would mean that we are all truly fortunate. Although I share the view that life is a net negative and it seems irrational to desire sentience and harmful to create it.
Isn't it also counter intuitive to come to someone's venting thread and basically tell them there venting is pointless? Maybe having a safe place to put our feelings is the only way some of us can cope. We certainly can't talk openly in the real world so why deny someone that here? What are we supposed to do, just keep our feelings constantly suppressed? I just don't get it. Also I don't think it's fair to say that just because someone prefers death that it's a pessimistic view. You don't know there life or situation, dying doesn't always have to be a negative thing. But that's just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Reiter, Rogue Proxy, Source Energy and 3 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I agree with all the above posters - in a way.

Yes, existence is mostly suffering, non existence is preferable ( to me )

Indeed, if you are not in an intense physical or emotional pain, something that literally tears you apart, then mulling about the unfairness of life all day long keeps you stuck in misery. If you can - distract yourself with something, anything! - there must be some things you like, impossible not to - because staying sad and depressed only affects you not others, and won't make death come any quicker :(

But yes, of course, if one chooses to think about it, and to post, why not. Vent away. We all agree. Nobody should judge.

Reactions: Anhedoniac
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Isn't it also counter intuitive to come to someone's venting thread and basically tell them there venting is pointless? Maybe having a safe place to put our feelings is the only way some of us can cope. We certainly can't talk openly in the real world so why deny someone that here? What are we supposed to do, just keep our feelings constantly suppressed? I just don't get it. Also I don't think it's fair to say that just because someone prefers death that it's a pessimistic view. You don't know there life or situation, dying doesn't always have to be a negative thing. But that's just my opinion.
It's frustrating how many people just don't want us to talk about what we feel.

I think there's something to the notion that it makes them uncomfortable about their own existence.

Otherwise, why on earth would you care that a bunch of random strangers don't like life and want to die.

What does it matter, really? Why do they want to silence us so badly. I wonder about this.

Their very first post on this board was essentially telling someone to be quiet. SMH. Humans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinkliquid12, Rogue Proxy, HumansAreHell and 1 other person
I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
That's why I always wonder why my parents had me in the first place

Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021

A lot of people on this site heavily subscribe to hedonism. It's likely a byproduct of one's own culture/society, but I'd be curious what would happen to a lot of people's perspectives if they challenged hedonism and seek out a different perspective on existence. That is personally what helps me get through a lot of my days, is trying to break myself out of the hedonistic culture I grew up in, and trying to find meaning in areas of life that aren't dictated by pain/pleasure.

I agree, the statement that only those who die are truly fortunate is interesting. It indicates everybody that has ever existed is fortunate because they will die. Unless there are immortals, unbeknownst to me, that exist... 😲

R

Reiter

I am not long for this world
Jul 29, 2022
I couldn't have said it better myself...

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
I agree. But the thought of dying, ceasing to exist, fills me with dread. I guess you can call it the fear of the unknown. "To me, peace could never exist as long as there is some form of awareness." I respect your opinion on that but I don't quite agree. The fear of the unknown, no reliable or accessible CTB method and my loved one's support are the only things keeping me alive despite my many mental health crises.