_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I often listen to true crime podcasts. The other day my ears perked when I heard reference to ASH. I heard of this case before, but I didn't realize it happened on ASH.

General story: A man in his late forties makes multiple accounts presenting as a younger woman. He made suicide pacts with multiple people. He pushed people to hanging and tried to get people to do it on webcam.

The podcast is a little annoying in some of it's pro-life sentiments, but it explains the situation well.

I'm curious if other know of this case.

• Informative
Reactions: wCvML2 and Spreadingmywings
lamargue

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
i had heard of this case prior to joining the forum. honestly, my first impression was that that place, and subsequent forums, were hospices for predators who got a kick from convincing others to commit suicide. i'm glad i was proven wrong in the end. very disturbing case though, and it makes me appreciate the efforts of moderators to try to hedge that potential risk. this is probably one of the most vulnerable places on the internet, after all.

Reactions: wCvML2
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
i had heard of this case prior to joining the forum. honestly, my first impression was that that place, and subsequent forums, were hospices for predators who got a kick from convincing others to commit suicide. i'm glad i was proven wrong in the end. very disturbing case though, and it makes me appreciate the efforts of moderators to try to hedge that potential risk. this is probably one of the most vulnerable places on the internet, after all.
So true. When I listened to this case, I thought about the moderation we have here and how much I appreciate that.

J

JJ53

Aug 19, 2024
Holy shit, I listened to this podcast episode the other day! Beforehand, I hadn't heard of this case. That man is really fucked up. I hope they are monitoring this scumbags internet activity, considering he's been released from prison.