Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Obviously, there's a couple of personalities here, from time to time or even constantly, who are just happy with trolling suicidal people.
I don't mean those who post sarcastic comments - that is often unavoidable, as ending one's life does have its comical aspects.
I don't mean those who posts stories about how dissatisfying, deadly or even impossible suicide is, as long as they are honest pro-lifers, which is in itself not such a bad attitude to life.
I mean the ones who will eagerly and often endlessly discuss the subject as if they were serious about it, who will repeat senseless questions, play dumb, spread panic or otherwise become a nuisance.
This is often hard to discern, here more than elsewhere on the Web - as we all suffer from helper syndrome here, automatically assuming that people who come here actually need help.
In fact, I recently had the impression that this place is becoming a fad-joint for perverse hipster types who will gladly spend a few minutes having fun by posing senseless questions.
Be aware of this, and never feed a troll.
Meaningless or provocative questions simply deserve no answers - you should always be highly critical of new members and be very careful of private messages...
I think it won't hurt if potential trolls are called out and examined by the community.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 200_ponies, FoxtrotOscar and 21 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Obviously, there's a couple of personalities here, from time to time or even constantly, who are just happy with trolling suicidal people.
I don't mean those who post sarcastic comments - that is often unavoidable, as ending one's life does have its comical aspects.
I don't mean those who posts stories about how dissatisfying, deadly or even impossible suicide is, as long as they are honest pro-lifers, which is in itself not such a bad attitude to life.
I mean the ones who will eagerly and often endlessly discuss the subject as if they were serious about it, who will repeat senseless questions, play dumb, spread panic or otherwise become a nuisance.
This is often hard to discern, here more than elsewhere on the Web - as we all suffer from helper syndrome here, automatically assuming that people who come here actually need help.
In fact, I recently had the impression that this place is becoming a fad-joint for perverse hipster types who will gladly spend a few minutes having fun by posing senseless questions.
Meaningless or provocative questions simply deserve no answers - you should always be highly critical of new members and be very careful of private messages...
I think it won't hurt if potential trolls are called out and examined by the community.

Totally agree on this.

Point them out if people trols send weird private messages then this must be reported to the administrators here.

To many weird fueling behavior happened here last weekend and it was dangerous.

So dont believe everything dont follow people blindly.

• Love
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, AtomicNewt, Charlielodge and 7 others
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
i don't mean to infer fear by writing this, but an older user has said a post was made on blackhatworld in March by someone looking to purchase 100 usernames on this forum, 25 cents an alt.

there exist people here who will utilise multiple accounts to manipulate and prompt early ctbs from people to satisfy their own perverse pro-death criteria. it happened recently.

• Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, epic, deflagrat and 11 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Their where to many new people here during the whole thing to weird questions and actions. Thats why it is best not give out to much info on anything here.

Reactions: not_a_robot, blueexorcist, jake3d and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
i don't mean to infer fear by writing this, but an older user has said a post was made on blackhatworld in March by someone looking to purchase 100 usernames on this forum, 25 cents an alt.

there exist people here who will utilise multiple accounts to manipulate and prompt early ctbs from people to satisfy their own perverse pro-death criteria. it happened recently.

Have you and/or the older user let our esteemed admins know about that? If not, please do. Thank you.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Oblivion Lover, 1964dodge and 4 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019

DAMN, I have been rumbled, I am that person so beware of the troll, you have been warned :wink:

Reactions: Halo13, RM5998 and Joannf
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Only think i've come across one troll.

I would say be wary of people who are too supportive and that tell you ctb is "the only way"

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Rocksandsand, Oblivion Lover and 6 others
Only Me Here

Only Me Here

Apr 29, 2019
Absolutely agree. The people who are passionately trying to explain that some of the accounts that have descended here lately are highly suspicious are doing so to calm people a bit, rather then feed into it.

It's coming from a good place although it may not appear that way with whats gone on in the last few days. If we were far more careful and didn't just believe everything people say as gospel, it wouldn't be necessary.

I think because we talk about very serious topics here, it lulls people into thinking they know someone well. Unfortunately, you can never know anyone well over the internet, you can only know what they chose to show you.

I've heard stories here from people who trusted someone and were hurt when they mistakenly put their faith in them.

We shouldn't have to have our guard up like this, but i think the biggest reason why people are here in the first place is that what should happen and what does happen, is rarely the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lara Francis, jake3d, Oblivion Lover and 6 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018

DAMN, I have been rumbled, I am that person so beware of the troll, you have been warned :wink:

People can be involuntary, temporary trolls. It happens and should be forgiven ;))
Have you and/or the older user let our esteemed admins know about that? If not, please do. Thank you.

I think admins should have been aware of this problem since the beginning.
There's hardly a lot they can do, we are the ones who must do the detective work here.
It's in any case impossible to block people from coming back under a different alias, and start all over again, so...
Extinguishing the infection has to take place in our own brains ;)
Gardez-vous.

Last edited:
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I would say be wary of people who are too supportive and that tell you ctb is "the only way"

This is why I try to keep a neutral stance whenever possible and show both sides of the coin. It's both to make sure that people are taking this decision on their own and keep myself out of trouble.

I think any other self-conscious individual would do the same.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Letmego. Please, Oblivion Lover, 1964dodge and 5 others
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I think admins should have been aware of this problem since the beginning.
There's hardly a lot they can do, we are the ones who must do the detective work here.
It's in any case impossible to block people from coming back under a different alias, and start all over again, so...
Extinguishing the infection has to take place in our own brains ;)
Gardez-vous.

Admins have more tools than we do to identify alts and recidivists. If we don't let them know about stuff like that we're only helping the wicked. Obviously we have to be cautious and alert but in my very strong opinion we have to report suspicious stuff as well. The admins can't read every post and pm. We have to alert them.

Reactions: jake3d, onlyinsleep, Oblivion Lover and 4 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
EXCUSE ME! I'm not a troll, but even if I was, I'm a sexy one!!! 13696

• Love
Reactions: Letmego. Please, Oblivion Lover, SinisterKid and 3 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
I don't want to be boring, but if you're on the Internet to post funny gifs, then there's a coupe of social networks out there which offer much better content than this forum, and are also way more interactive. Definitely have a look at minds.com - and you all know facebook of course, though everybody go there at their own risk.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ratbat and Soul
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I don't want to be boring, but if you're on the Internet to post funny gifs, then there's a coupe of social networks out there which offer much better content than this forum, and are also way more interactive. Definitely have a look at minds.com - and you all know facebook of course, though everybody go there at their own risk.

So are you against people here trying to make others smile despite what they are going through?

If you're looking for drama, there's a web site called Facebook. That site has plenty of it if you're into the soap opera thing.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Painted Bird, jake3d and 9 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
So are you against people here trying to make others smile despite what they are going through?

If you're looking for drama, there's a web site called Facebook. That site has plenty of it if you're into the soap opera thing.

A bit of humor is always good, but these threads get hard to navigate fast.
So I'd rather say that we could create an extra thread for funny gifs - what about that for empty smiles ;)

Reactions: Soul
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
I'm relatively new to the forums, but I've noticed, not only an increased number of new members since joining, but how direct and matter of factly many have asked where and how to get drugs (not N, necessarily) and what method to ctb. Almost like some kind set up for a "gotcha" moment.
I don't necessarily think it's LE. I swear it's some 'undercover' hack from Buzzfeed or Vice and in a couple weeks, there will be an article out called "I Spent A Week As Someone Suicidal On A Suicide Forum", and we'll all be painted as a bunch of ghoulish, morbid criminal losers, who murder people with silver tongues.
Then I look down at the number of guests viewing the forum, and it's sometimes 300+. I am rational in that I realize, like myself, they are most likely lurking and nervous about joining. They are in pain, and want information. Want to just vent, like I did, about their lives. Then I think they are a bunch of trolls, just mocking our pain. Curious looky loos gawking at the train wreck unfolding.
I hope I didn't offend anyone. That wasn't my intention. My meek self has always either admired or questioned direct people.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 200_ponies, Letmego. Please and 19 others
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
When i joined in, there was more or less same activity as today, but i DO see a difference in post quality if this is right word. First N from A paranoia, everyone just freaks out all over the place, and then there comes many many fast, low quality threads with obvious questions about N, SN and other things that was answered like hundred times before. Suspicious threads like i will do this, do that, choose method for me, etc. For me something is going on here. I'll just keep my mouth shut for a while, and see what's what.

• Hugs
Reactions: Letmego. Please, Soul, Oblivion Lover and 9 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019

I knew he had to have started before the Shawn-drama. So many obvious fake accounts from March and April.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Oblivion Lover, Joannf and 1 other person
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
I knew he had to have started before the Shawn-drama. So many obvious fake accounts from March and April.

To much it was like springbreak started only a sick way.

Springbreak, whooooo yeah. can you give me 4 suicides 1 rope 1 sn and 2 N with ice please

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, jake3d, RM5998 and 4 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
When i joined in, there was more or less same activity as today, but i DO see a difference in post quality if this is right word. First N from A paranoia, everyone just freaks out all over the place, and then there comes many many fast, low quality threads with obvious questions about N, SN and other things that was answered like hundred times before. Suspicious threads like i will do this, do that, choose method for me, etc. For me something is going on here. I'll just keep my mouth shut for a while, and see what's what.

Well, yes... too many red signals. Some paranoia. I'm no longer answering any repetitive questions, either. Just wait and watch.

Reactions: Soul, Oblivion Lover, blanketyblk and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I do find it sad that some members do appear to be so lazy, they will not read the many resources that are available to them here. So it does appear on the surface sometimes to be a ever decreasing circle of repetitive questions. I try to just direct the poster to the corresponding resource page but sometimes I do feel like not bothering.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, jake3d, Halo13 and 7 others
M

Miserable

Student
Jul 14, 2019
not sure what's meant by this. new here, hope i didn't do anything trolly
I'm here cause i'm just ruined and sad. I want to die but I wait cause i still have a touch of hope. Thinking about suicide gives me a sense of comfort and talking to people who feel that way will helps more than talking to depressed people who are "trying to get better"

• Hugs
Reactions: jake3d, Soul, HGL91 and 3 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
not sure what's meant by this. new here, hope i didn't do anything trolly
I'm here cause i'm just ruined and sad. I want to die but I wait cause i still have a touch of hope. Thinking about suicide gives me a sense of comfort and talking to people who feel that way will helps more than talking to depressed people who are "trying to get better"

All of life is hope, and a good deal is illusion. That's normal - not suicidal. I believe that thinking about suicide is also quite normal... suicide is a sort of clean solution to everything, and it often helps just to have such a solution. Religious people have paradise instead - which is of course the illusion that everything goes on and on forever, only much better.
Trolls are hard to define. If someone behaves normal 2/3rds of the time, he/she/it probably isn't one...

• Love
Reactions: jake3d, Miserable and foreverbroken28

1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
i'm one of the people that came here in pain a long time ago. I am trying to live but sometimes get close to ctb. but I have a stupid question. if we are being watched is it possible to get charged with the complicity of a suicide if we say the wrong thing or are we sufficiently anonymous? I know this may just be paranoia due to recent events

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, foreverbroken28 and Joannf
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
i'm one of the people that came here in pain a long time ago. I am trying to live but sometimes get close to ctb. but I have a stupid question. if we are being watched is it possible to get charged with the complicity of a suicide if we say the wrong thing or are we sufficiently anonymous? I know this may just be paranoia due to recent events

I purposely try not too say too much, and try to only speak about myself, because I worry of that too. That gray area freaks me out. I definitely don't need to alert my spouse to any of this with a welfare visit, even though I have no imminent plans to ctb. I doubt I've raised any red flags, but who knows.
Just now, per some of the posts by members regarding privacy online, I signed up for Protonmail and am using that as my email here, and also using a vpn. It's crappy, because it's free, and I can't afford to pay for one, at least without raising questions with my husband.
If you don't mention anything inherently illegal, and don't outright tell/direct someone to ctb, you may be ok, and are just here for research purposes. Also, I suppose it depends heavily on your countries laws, and of the victims.
I could be wrong, so hopefully those more informed will answer you.

• Hugs
Reactions: 1964dodge, Oblivion Lover, foreverbroken28 and 1 other person
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018

That's a good question... admins say they keep no records, but they are running a server and I have no idea if they're running it on their own premises (unlikely), there's usually web hosts and ISPs involved, and of course three-digit agencies can always have hardware-access to all our computers most of the time.
This is all possible, so the question is if it's feasible = hard to answer, we have to guess. Next question would be is it likely, in the sense of worth their time ?
Probably not... I'm personally very irritated by the fact that this forum does not allow us to delete our accounts. That is highly suspicious.
I purposely try not too say too much, and try to only speak about myself, because I worry of that too. That gray area freaks me out. I definitely don't need to alert my spouse to any of this with a welfare visit, even though I have no imminent plans to ctb. I doubt I've raised any red flags, but who knows.
Just now, per some of the posts by members regarding privacy online, I signed up for Protonmail and am using that as my email here, and also using a vpn. It's crappy, because it's free, and I can't afford to pay for one, at least without raising questions with my husband.
If you don't mention anything inherently illegal, and don't outright tell/direct someone to ctb, you may be ok, and are just here for research purposes. Also, I suppose it depends heavily on your countries laws, and of the victims.
I could be wrong, so hopefully those more informed will answer you.

...illegal being a flexible term, suicide is illegal mostly in Muslim countries (in Europe likely not before 2030), but certain drugs are illegal in many. Then there's the possibility that kids might be here posing as adults and we could unwittingly be giving them advice. It would be best posting advice in neutral public posts and not answering too many questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1964dodge and Pilum Muralis
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I feel compelled to respond to people's questions if only to say "As a result of causes this usually helpful forum is currently very tense, and no one is likely to answer questions like yours. Please try the List of Resources/google/the supplier." I hope more if us can do that (well, maybe not in the demands for fentanyl-laced opium!) because it sure would be good to get back to the friendly and helpful atmosphere that made me want to hang out here.

• Hugs
Reactions: 1964dodge, Halo13, not_a_robot and 3 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
I feel compelled to respond to people's questions if only to say "As a result of causes this usually helpful forum is currently very tense, and no one is likely to answer questions like yours. Please try the List of Resources/google/the supplier." I hope more if us can do that (well, maybe not in the demands for fentanyl-laced opium!) because it sure would be good to get back to the friendly and helpful atmosphere that made me want to hang out here.

Well, sociopaths always destroy a good atmosphere (they're doing it world-wide right now, just watch how everything is being "deconstructed"), and the only way to counter that is to let them mentally starve and ignore them, as we unfortunately can't physically walk up to them and shoot them in the knee ;)
There are several ways to starve them.
The way you are doing it makes a lot of sense, it would lead the serious people to resources, save time, mess up the forum much less - and the serious people would simply come back and ask constructive questions. And prove their value by doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1964dodge, Halo13, Soul and 1 other person