• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
So I've cut up my wrist pretty bad. Not to deep, but deep enough to form very visible red lines. My parents are eventually going to learn I am slicing myself. My mom found rubbing alcohol in the kitchen and asked why I had it? Being a dumbass, I said I don't know. She said if she found cut marks, she would call an ambulance. Is that viable? can I refuse to go to the hospital? Can my parents or a doctor have me committed. One time I told my parents how I felt and they took me to the hospital themselves. I haven't made threats, I'm not stupid. But based on cuts, can I end up in the ward? I fucking hope not.

feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
So I've cut up my wrist pretty bad. Not to deep, but deep enough to form very visible red lines. My parents are eventually going to learn I am slicing myself. My mom found rubbing alcohol in the kitchen and asked why I had it? Being a dumbass, I said I don't know. She said if she found cut marks, she would call an ambulance. Is that viable? can I refuse to go to the hospital? Can my parents or a doctor have me committed. One time I told my parents how I felt and they took me to the hospital themselves. I haven't made threats, I'm not stupid. But based on cuts, can I end in the ward? I fucking hope not.
I'm really sorry you're in such bad shape. In my experience with wards, if you are deemed a danger to yourself or others, you can possibly get involuntarily committed. That's not to say it will always happen like that. It varies based on where you live, severity of your situation, etc. Much love to you.

Last edited:
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I googled but nothing is clear.
I'm really sorry you're in such bad shape. In my experience with wards, if you are deemed a danger to yourself or others, you can get involuntarily committed. That's not to say it will always happen like that. It varies based on where you live, severity of your situation, etc. Much love to you.
So it's a possibility? Even if the wounds aren't life threatening?
Fuck it! Nothing I do is good enough. I cut myself to bargain in not killing myself if that makes any sense. I hope one day, I will cut too deep. You can't win with caretakers.

Last edited:
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I'm so sorry. I hope she doesn't resize what it is. I don't know if she can force you to go especially if you aren't bleeding a lot. May I ask your age? I still self harm. My mom was convinced I had a rash or bug bit that I just scratched that so bad

• Wow
Reactions: Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I'm so sorry. I hope she doesn't resize what it is. I don't know if she can force you to go especially if you aren't bleeding a lot. May I ask your age? I still self harm. My mom was convinced I had a rash or bug bit that I just scratched that so bad
28, but I'm disabled. My parents are my caretakers, unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I don't think they can take you for self harm. You could look laws in your area. Neosporin would be better than alcohol. Alcohol can cause more irritation.
Thank the universe!

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I thinks this really depends on where you live. I know that in the UK you absolutely would not be forced into hospital based only on self harm, but the US (etc) can be very different.
I hope you're still taking care of the cuts though! I don't personally put anything other than gauze or a bandage on mine, but I've seen a lot of people mention neosporin online.

Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
So I've cut up my wrist pretty bad. Not to deep, but deep enough to form very visible red lines. My parents are eventually going to learn I am slicing myself. My mom found rubbing alcohol in the kitchen and asked why I had it? Being a dumbass, I said I don't know. She said if she found cut marks, she would call an ambulance. Is that viable? can I refuse to go to the hospital? Can my parents or a doctor have me committed. One time I told my parents how I felt and they took me to the hospital themselves. I haven't made threats, I'm not stupid. But based on cuts, can I end up in the ward? I fucking hope not.
Based on my experience, where they get you is if they can trick you into admitting or signing a statement to the effect that you admit self harm or ideation while you're numb and too weak to fight it. Being reported by someone else is also a sticky situation.

If you don't want to be committed, don't admit or sign anything, regardless of the physical evidence.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If you are in the USA yes they absolutely can involuntarily commit you for cutting depending on your state.