• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

tsykoais

tsykoais

i can't drown my demons they know how to swim
Apr 9, 2023
So as I've mentioned before on this site my father has been in a coma for a month as of today and I decided to start a go fund me for me and my sisters to pay the bills and tuition. I shared the story on reddit and a few other forums and immediately got accused of being a scammer and the very few people who wanted to help me were told not to by others. I got randomely banned from three subreddits because a random mod on a sub that i didn't even participate in banned me and when i tried to discuss it with them they didn't even give me an explanation.

here are the messages with the mods of that sub:
00C24946 C865 4353 8AA8 0D1A959BE10A

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
Sorry about your father… I don't know much about posting in Reddit but why would you share that in a pizza forum? Maybe that's why. Post it in an appropriate forum that allows gofundme.

Like R/Assistance or R/gofundme

You should also start with Facebook where people know you personally.

Reactions: Celerity
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
but why would you share that in a pizza forum?
that's the thing about it!!! i didn't!!! i posted it on the go fund me subs you just listed but the moderator of that pizza sub randomly banned me from theirs when i had never even went or heard of that sub. i don't have any other social media unfortunately. whole situation was extremely weird.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
that's the thing about it!!! i didn't!!! i posted it on the go fund me subs you just listed but the moderator of that pizza sub randomly banned me from theirs when i had never even went or heard of that sub. i don't have any other social media unfortunately. whole situation was extremely weird.

I checked and looks like there's a handful of rules to follow for /assistance like registering or being active. I looked at a few other posts and they have been taken down for not registering as well. /gofundme looks easier to post in.

Attachments

• IMG_8738.png
    IMG_8738.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
I checked and looks like there's a handful of rules to follow for /assistance like registering or being active. I looked at a few other posts and they have been taken down for not registering as well. /gofundme looks easier to post in.

when i asked all of them why i was banned they said it was because the pizza sub banned me.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm sorry about your father. I don't know the rules on Reddit. Are any go-fund me references allowed there? A quick Google search seems to suggest that a lot are automatically taken down:

Previously, all GoFundMe links have been removed in concordance with the Reddit site-wide policy. The main reason to remove these links is due to potential of being scammed. 3 May 2023

I think basically- sites like that one- or this one don't necessarily have the time to check on whether any requests for money are genuine- so- maybe they just prefer to do a blanket ban on anything financial. I don't think people are supposed to ask for money or trade stuff here either- although I may be wrong. I expect a lot of people here are struggling financially anyway- it's a big reason to want to CTB.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori