phersper

phersper

F*ck psychiatry
Jun 28, 2023
Two days ago I tried partial hanging with a belt attached to the door. The first two times I tried I didn't pass out, the third time (in a row) I tried it I had to open the door because SI kicked in and I was super scared or maybe I passed out without noticing and I wrongly open the door knob. This time I think I was partially hanging for 10 seconds or so. But after the third time I fell on the floor and I found myself sitting on the floor with all my body twitching and shaking, in a state of pure confusion. Anyway, since then I feel I lost coordination in my hands/fingers (I can't do the thing where you touch the top of all your fingers with the thumb back and forth) and my left hand is a bit more shaky when I bring the cigarette to my mouth. I feel generally a bit more shaky, less coordinated and a bit dumber.
I suffer from anxiety and a light form of hypocondria (maybe that's why I m stressing out so much). That said, I m worried I m permanently brain damaged even if I believe I only hanged for no more than 10 seconds (the most probable option). I did that three times in a row and all the three times I was at the stage of feeling my head exploding. My neck was sore and in pain for two days after (maybe I damaged the carothid athery?).

I hope I really didn't make my situation worst. I need to be reassured, especially because the third time I'm not completely sure if I passed out or not (I was too confused).

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002, illAF, kunikuzushi and 3 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Brain damage is really scary to have. Sorry you possibly got it and maybe the carotid arteries did indeed get damaged causing low bloodflow to the brain.

Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
I can't reassure you from the medical point of view, I don't know enough. But I can reassure you from the point of view of a fellow hypochondriac.
I was diagnosed with health anxiety a few years ago and even today I thought I was having 1-a heart attack, 2-an aneurysm, 3-a stroke!! So I understand that fear very well.
In my opinion from your post I do not believe you have brain damage. You probably know yourself that anxiety and panic can show itself in so many ways. I think you are in a state and panicking. Try to relax and do stuff which chills you out, I know it's hard. If things are still the same in a couple of days get checked out.
Having said that, I know a guy who had brain damage from an accident and he led a perfectly normal life.

phersper

phersper

F*ck psychiatry
Jun 28, 2023
Brain damage is really scary to have. Sorry you possibly got it and maybe the carotid arteries did indeed get damaged causing low bloodflow to the brain.
Do you think I should go to my gp to check my carotid arteries?
I can't reassure you from the medical point of view, I don't know enough. But I can reassure you from the point of view of a fellow hypochondriac.
I was diagnosed with health anxiety a few years ago and even today I thought I was having 1-a heart attack, 2-an aneurysm, 3-a stroke!! So I understand that fear very well.
In my opinion from your post I do not believe you have brain damage. You probably know yourself that anxiety and panic can show itself in so many ways. I think you are in a state and panicking. Try to relax and do stuff which chills you out, I know it's hard. If things are still the same in a couple of days get checked out.
Having said that, I know a guy who had brain damage from an accident and he led a perfectly normal life.
Nice, a fellow hypochondriac. Anyway, I don't know, I hope you re right. Maybe I should go see a neurologist..
what worried me is the body shaking and twitching after falling on the floor, it was like a seizure or epilepsy… dunno how to interpretate this last symptom… maybe it was just fear/SI

Last edited:
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Do you think I should go to my gp to check my carotid arteries?
if you are concerned it's always better to check IMO, just in case. I failed partial hanging once and didn't pass out, was kinda shaky as well for a short time, probably not as severe as you. sadly I don't have the medical knowledge either to fully reassure you

phersper

phersper

F*ck psychiatry
Jun 28, 2023
if you are concerned it's always better to check IMO, just in case. I failed partial hanging once and didn't pass out, was kinda shaky as well for a short time, probably not as severe as you. sadly I don't have the medical knowledge either to fully reassure you
Ah yeah you too were shaky! No problem, thanks for the answer though.
I guess I ll do it, the fact is I cannot tell them I tried to kms otherwise they ll force me into psych ward