F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
How can anyone hope to get better when treatment is too expensive in the U.S? You need to get better to work towards a livable wage. You can't get better without a livable wage.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad, Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
There is also no guarantee you are getting better. In fact you could get much worse like I did.

I am not an american but I wish I didn't pay psychiatry to fry my brain permanently and destroy my sleep among other things. I feel like a clown.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad, Praestat_Mori, reclaimedbynature and 2 others
F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
There is also no guarantee you are getting better. In fact you could get much worse like I did.

I am not an american but I wish I didn't pay psychiatry to fry my brain permanently and destroy my sleep among other things. I feel like a clown.
What medications did they prescribe you?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
I'm struggling budgeting with my therapy session already I can't imagine how expensive shits gonna be once I get medication

• Hugs
Reactions: ForsakenDial, Life'sA6itch and Praestat_Mori
L

Life'sA6itch

Student
Oct 29, 2023
Classic catch 22 and honestly a lack of money is a already factor in significant number of suicides of those 18 and older to begin with. Then, if you're really unlucky, you may get forced into costly treatment by people who don't even know who you are, adding to the burden. Treatment in itself can expose you to people who will abuse, molest, rape, steal from you, etc. Further, there is absolutely no guarantee that any one or combination of therapies work. I'm simply being honest, we're damned if we do "get help" and if we don't. If life was so special and wonderful and anything was truly possible, wouldn't there be free care for those considering or who've actually attempted suicide?

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, d3ad, ForsakenDial and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When money is the reason of MH issues then it's probably impossible to get this cured without money. Therapy and meds will only make others richer but won't solve your prob. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Reactions: SoulCage, d3ad, ForsakenDial and 1 other person
L

Life'sA6itch

Student
Oct 29, 2023
When money is the reason of MH issues then it's probably impossible to get this cured without money. Therapy and meds will only make others richer but won't solve your prob. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Exactly

Reactions: d3ad, ForsakenDial and Praestat_Mori
F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
From ssri to antipsychotic. Just because I felt depressed about life and how things are.
These medications were supposed to help people, yet make us worse? It seems so hopeless. I don't want to die, I want the pain to stop. But people want us to suffer more and more.
I'm struggling budgeting with my therapy session already I can't imagine how expensive shits gonna be once I get medication
Same here. I was considering getting help but the cost are too high. Its not affordable.
Classic catch 22 and honestly a lack of money is a already factor in significant number of suicides of those 18 and older to begin with. Then, if you're really unlucky, you may get forced into costly treatment by people who don't even know who you are, adding to the burden. Treatment in itself can expose you to people who will abuse, molest, rape, steal from you, etc. Further, there is absolutely no guarantee that any one or combination of therapies work. I'm simply being honest, we're damned if we do "get help" and if we don't. If life was so special and wonderful and anything was truly possible, wouldn't there be free care for those considering or who've actually attempted suicide?
Involuntarily being committed and then being charged for it. On top of that, all the things you listed. The people in those clinics are inherently evil. They abuse us and want to hurt us, and then after being traumatized again we are expected to pay for it all.
This. There is no hope or fairness in this world. Its become impossible to succeed other than being incredibly lucky, and its only getting worse. And if you have any health conditions that may occur you're doomed to homelessness or death.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life'sA6itch, R_N and Praestat_Mori
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
These medications were supposed to help people, yet make us worse? It seems so hopeless. I don't want to die, I want the pain to stop. But people want us to suffer more and more.
If you decide to take anything at least try to stop slowly, gradually reducing the amount you take. Worst things usually happen when people stop cold turkey and throw their nervous system into disarray.

I am sorry for jumping in and sounding like a scaremonger btw. But at least you won't make such decisions lightly now.

Reactions: ForsakenDial and d3ad
d3ad

d3ad

Student
Mar 15, 2023
If you decide to take anything at least try to stop slowly, gradually reducing the amount you take. Worst things usually happen when people stop cold turkey and throw their nervous system into disarray.

I am sorry for jumping in and sounding like a scaremonger btw. But at least you won't make such decisions lightly now.
Nope, you explained the situation perfectly. I know a lot of people who are in the same situation.

Reactions: R_N
F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021

Thank you for the advice. You're not scaremongering, you've taken your past experiences and knowledge to help others. There is nothing to apologize for. Thank you for your kindness.

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N